Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-05-2017, 08:04 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - May 5

You may be going through the worst day of your life so far, but God sometimes uses those times to break through into our lives and get our attention. Just because you’re going through a bad experience does not mean that you cannot sense the Presence of God with you. -- Rocky Henriques

When we feel lost or cannot see the path ahead, we can find the way if we remain connected to God. God will guide our feet on the right path.

God has a purpose for us.

“God is the wind at your back, not the rain in your face.” God doesn’t hold us back, constantly reminding us of our sin. God guides us forward. We may be the rain in our own faces. If we continue to forgive ourselves and move beyond our past sins, we can accept God’s new covenant and start fresh. Because God forgives our sins, we can forgive ourselves.

We can imitate Christ by helping to bear one another’s burdens.

God promises that his grace is sufficient for us and is, in fact, made perfect in our weakness. When at times we feel like our lives are like dry stubble, we can take heart in knowing that God’s love, mercy, and grace cover us and that we too are made whole, precious, and beautiful in God’s sight.

Regardless of the flaws we see in ourselves, God doesn’t make mistakes. The way we are is the way God intended us to be. So as we go through life, we try to remember that God loves us exactly as we are. God’s works are wonderful; and God loves and accepts us, flaws and all. With God’s help, we can love ourselves and others as God loves us. God loves us no matter what.

Sowing and Growing By Heidi Viars
This year I had decided not to plant a garden. Typically I love to spend time outside and plant all sorts of vegetables in the spring and usually look forward to this time of year. I love to spend time with the Lord outside early in morning. In the past years I have so enjoyed my carrots, tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, and a host of other things. I always sense the lessons God is teaching me of good soil, fruit, and the rewards of dedication. Not so this year.
This year I told God that I was tired of "gardening". Since He knows my heart of hearts and my motivations, He knew it was because of being exhausted from ministering to difficult people and not seeing fruit. The garden was my way of protesting. Every time I looked at my garden, I sat back and said to God: "Not this year. I will sit out one season. I am tired of trying to work at planting and investing, only to find unproductive crops."
Several days ago, I walked up to my garden and found something amazing. I was looking at about 50 (no kidding) tomato plants that came up where last year's tomatoes had grown. Why does it take me so long to learn that I am only in charge of sowing and planting, the growing is God's job. Why do I take so much pride in thinking I have anything to do with it? All He asks of me is being faithful in telling others about Jesus.
I just came in from outside and saw how the garden I dreaded is blooming with a bunch of tomato blossoms. I am so glad He is so patient with me and works despite my messing up and falling short. I guess I'll be gardening after all.

SECOND HAND DOGS by Messages From the Heart
You may or may not have read the article I wrote about our family rescuing an older dog from the local animal shelter. Some might call her a “Second Hand Dog,” but that’s OK, we love things that have seen a little wear and tear, maybe has some of the ‘new’ rubbed off. We did adopt her and she is fitting in just fine with just minor adjustments as she figures out this new home and strange people in her life.
We had to take her to the Veterinarian this week as she had developed a cough. They warned us at the shelter this might happen; I guess kennel cough is a common problem where there are large groups of dogs. She is on antibiotics and has almost stopped coughing completely now.
The Vet said something that made an impression on me during the exam. As many of us do when we go to the doctor we experience what they call “White coat” anxiety. Our heart rate goes up; our blood pressure goes up, etc. After examining her, the vet said, “I can see that she has chosen you for her family?” I was confused by that statement, but the Vet continued: “When I began the exam her, heart rate was high, she was afraid. You came over and began to pet her and talk to her and as I listened her heart rate dropped. I knew she had chosen to trust you and accept you.”
I don’t know about you, but I think that is such a cool thing to be trusted and accepted as someone’s protector (even if it is a dog). It’s great to be chosen as a protector, but what about the ones who choose to protect and love us. We have come to love that little furry one, protect her and provide for her. She gives us back something which is without price, her love.
Isn’t that just like our God and our relationship? He chooses us doesn’t he? Paul writes in Colossians 3:12, “Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.” How do we respond to our God who has chosen us? The apostle Peter adds in 1 Peter 1:5, “But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy.”
I pray that you may be granted the peace, comfort and trust that our little dog finds in us in your relationship with our God.

The Pine Wood Derby Author Unknown
My son Gilbert was eight years old and had been in Cub Scouts only a short time. During one of his meetings he was handed a sheet of paper, a block of wood and four tires and told to return home and give all to "dad."
That was not an easy task for Gilbert to do. See, I'm the only one really raising Gilbert. His dad was not receptive to doing things with his son. But Gilbert tried. Dad read the paper and scoffed at the idea of making a pine wood derby car with his young, eager son. The block of wood remained untouched as the weeks passed.
Finally, I stepped in to see if I could figure this all out. The project began. Having no carpentry skills, I decided it would be best if I simply read the directions and let Gilbert do the work. And he did. I read aloud the measurements and the rules of what we could and couldn't do.
Within days his block of wood was turning into a pinewood derby car. A little lopsided, but looking great (at least through my eyes).
Gilbert had not seen any of the other kids cars and was feeling pretty proud of his "Blue Lightning," the pride that comes with knowing you did something on your own.
Then the big night came. With his blue pinewood derby in his hand and pride in his heart we headed to the big race. Once there my little one's pride turned to humility. Gilbert's car was obviously the only car made entirely on his own. All the other cars were a father-son partnership, with cool paint jobs and sleek body styles made for speed. A few of the boys giggled as they looked at Gilbert's, lopsided, wobbly, unattractive vehicle. To add to the humility Gilbert was the only boy without a man at his side. A couple of the boys who were from single parent homes at least had an uncle or grandfather by their side. Gilbert had "mom."
As the race began it was done in elimination fashion. You kept racing as long as you were the winner. One by one the cars raced down the finely sanded ramp. Finally it was between Gilbert and the sleekest, fastest looking car there. As the last race was about to begin, my wide-eyed, shy eight year old ask if they could stop the race for a minute, because he wanted to pray.
The race stopped. Gilbert hit his knees clutching his funny looking block of wood between his hands. With a wrinkled brow he set to converse with his Father. He prayed in earnest for a very long minute and a half. Then he stood, smile on his face and announced, "Okay, I am ready."
As the crowd cheered, a boy named Tommy stood with his father as their car sped down the ramp. Gilbert stood with his Father within his heart and watched his block of wood wobble down the ramp with surprisingly great speed and rushed over the finish line a fraction of a second before Tommy's car.
Gilbert leaped into the air with a loud "Thank you" as the crowd roared in approval. The Scout Master came up to Gilbert with microphone in hand and asked the obvious question, "So you prayed to win, huh, Gilbert?"
To which my young son answered, "Oh, no sir. That wouldn't be fair to ask God to help you beat someone else. I just asked Him to make it so I don't cry when I lose."
Children seem to have a wisdom far beyond us. Gilbert didn't ask God to win the race. He didn't ask God to fix the outcome. Gilbert asked God to give him strength in the outcome. When Gilbert first saw the other cars, he didn't cry out to God, "No fair, they had a father's help." No, he went to his Father for strength.
Perhaps we spend too much of our prayer time asking God to rig the race, to make us number one, or too much time asking God to remove us from the struggle, when we should be seeking God's strength to get through the struggle.
"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13
Gilbert's simple prayer spoke volumes to those present that night. He never doubted that God would indeed answer his request. He didn't pray to win, thus hurt someone else, he prayed that God supply the grace to lose with dignity.
Gilbert, by his stopping the race to speak to his Father also showed the crowd that he wasn't there without a "dad," but his Father was most definitely there with him. Yes, Gilbert walked away a winner that night, with his Father at his side.

Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him. (Isaiah 30:18)
If you're anything like me, you've come face to face with situations in life in where, out of faith, you let go of trying to control things and turn them over to God. You may even agree with me that while letting go of our concerns is hard enough, it's even harder for some of us to refrain from taking them back!
We get impatient with God.
We want results from Him the same way we expect to get our French fries from a drive-through window!
And, all too often, we want things to develop according to OUR plan, not His.
Perhaps that's why the above verse means so much to me in regards to this spiritual dilemma. It's loaded full of comforting answers and reassurances to the reader. From just a few little words, it reminds us that:
God YEARNS to give us the very best.
God is COMPASSIONATE, i.e., He suffers with our pain and understands our hurts.
God is fair and His justice for our welfare far exceeds just giving us what we want.
And out of our patience, encompassed in trust, we obtain that PEACE which can only be gotten when we see that no matter what, God's got our back!
So the question I must ask myself is this: Am I going to go through this day without any anxiety about the future; fully trusting that God is in control of all things and knowing that He loves me more than I can imagine? Well, so far - so good. But then again, it's only 5:00 am.
Thank you, Lord, for your Word that reminds me whose I am and gives me strength to combat the anxiety monster and live peaceably in your arms this day! -- Trusting Enough To Let Go Glenn W Miller "Thoughts Along The Way"

Drought Survival by Sally I. Kennedy
This is what the Lord says…… “blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." Jeremiah 17:5-8
In our back yard, there is a spot where red and pink pentas are planted. These flowers are hardy, and do well in our tropical heat. They are colorful, and are butterfly attractors as well. Flash floods occasionally soak the pentas. These plants are resilient, however, and after the soggy, drippy leaves dry out, the flowers bloom brilliantly.
More of a problem than too much water is too little water. We might go for days, or weeks with no rain; sometimes with scorching sun beating down. They can look rather pitiful, dried up with the flowers faded or gone entirely. Yet these plants always bounce back. A bit of rain, a little shade, and they are good to go again.
Some plants are created to withstand drought. Are we? In Psalms, this very thing is addressed. The amplified Bible version says it this way: Blessed, happy, fortunate, prosperous, and enviable is the man who walks and lives not in the counsel of the ungodly, following their advice, their plans and purposes, .. but his delight and desire are in the precepts, the instructions, the teachings of God; he habitually meditates, ponders and studies by day and by night. And he shall be like a tree firmly planted and tended by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything he does shall prosper and come to maturity. (Ps 1:1-3)
We may not be as naturally sturdy as pentas. Yet if we stay near the River of God, and are continually soaked and watered in His Word, we will not only be able to just make it through droughts, we will flourish in spite of them. That’s good news.

The Last Box Out By Roy Irwin
After my wife and I were married we faced the task of moving the contents from my apartment over to her condominium which would be our new home together. After several weeks of discussion and planning, the one question we kept coming back to was, "What are we going to do with Josh?"
"Josh" is my 'wondercat'. He had been born the same month that I moved to Indiana. I fell in love with him the first time I saw him and I had raised him from the time he was a kitten. For his entire life, all he had known was me and the comfort and security of our apartment that had been his home. But all that was about to change...
There was no way to communicate to him that his world was about to be turned upside down. He was going to be moving to a new home. Waiting at that home was going to be my wife's two cats...
The question about Josh was what to do with him while we were moving. We couldn't lock him up at my apartment while we were moving because there would be too many people going in and out for that to be practical. We didn't want to take him to his new home and leave him alone with his new 'brother and sister' without us being there.
Finally, it was decided that we would work around Josh. We would move the entire contents of the apartment, and then take Josh to his new home.
When the move started, Josh was so excited! There were a number of dear friends who came to help us. He loved the attention everyone gave him as he came by to visit. Josh HAD to see what everyone was doing and 'help' where he could. And excellent 'help' he was - standing in doorways you were trying to walk through when your hands were full, jumping directly in front of you without warning, sitting on boxes that you were trying to move, etc...
When half the apartment was no longer there, Josh caught on that something wasn't quite right. He became withdrawn and began to leave everyone alone. The look on his face showed concern. We had told him, "No" and "Stay back" so many times, it was as if he wondered if everything was leaving except for him. Was he was going to be left behind?
I will never forget coming back to the apartment for the last time. It was completely empty except for Josh. He was sitting quietly in the far corner with his head down. He looked SO sad and it was breaking my heart. But all of that changed when I called out his name!
And then he knew!
His entire countenance changed as he meowed loudly and raced across the apartment to meet me. He jumped up into my arms, nearly knocking me over. I'm certain that at that moment, he KNEW that HE was going too! He would NOT be left behind! HE was going to be the last box out! And he could not have been happier!
If only Josh had known that we had planned the entire move around him. If only he had known all the preparation we had done to get his new home ready for him - he would not have been nervous!
In much the same way, WE can be confident about where we will spend eternity! We know that Jesus Christ has already gone before us and taken care of all of the details!
In John 14:2-3 Jesus has told us that: "In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."(NIV)
"Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for the promise that you have prepared a place in heaven for each of us. Because of this, we do not have to fear the future, but instead, can rest easy in the knowledge that you have planned ahead for us. Thank you for this peace that we can know now. Amen."

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Change will come when you set yourself on a different path. Examine yourself to see how you got to this place in order to understand what you have to do to make changes. Have you been driven by your own desires and lusts for money, power, or vindication? It is time for you to make righteous decisions that emanate from spiritual purity, says the Lord. 1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.

Set your mind and heart to know Me, says the Lord, and truly come in Spirit to commune with Me. Step away from religious rhetoric. Establish yourself in genuine relationship so that you can actually walk with Me. This is a critical step if you desire to have faith that works. Seek Me with all your heart, and you will find Me. Psalms 9:10 And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.

I speak to those who are silently but profoundly disappointed. Do not forget that I am for you, and I want you to come through in victory. That is My will. Going through difficult times provides an opportunity to learn an important truth that is necessary to your spiritual growth. Pray fervently. Talk to Me, says the Lord, and trust that I answer. James 5:16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

Stir yourself up to connect with My character, nature and will, says the Lord. You can get nothing done by praying to the air without real connection in the Spirit. Press in to the place in Me of truth and power. You must rise up out of flesh to walk and live in the Spirit if you want to be an overcomer. You must develop a genuine relationship with Me. Galatians 5:16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

It is going to take some effort to move past status quo. A static condition will keep you from spiritual growth and development. It is time to break out of mindsets that have caused you to get stuck. Rethink your current position, and do whatever it takes escape the monotony of life that lacks variety and interest. Ask Me for wisdom in what to do next, says the Lord. James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

Look alive! Be alert! I am opening the eyes of your understanding to see and comprehend that which I am now doing. I am releasing new hope for the hopeless and light where darkness has prevailed. Position yourself to receive this blessing. Now is the time for your spiritual vision to become clear and unclouded. Let freedom reign, says the Lord. Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

Set yourself on the firm foundation of truth. Focus on that which is good and righteous in order to be strengthened. Every day you will have to choose between good and evil--spiritual strength and weakness. Deliberately make wise choices. Pay attention to the opportunities that present themselves to make positive decisions, says the Lord. Deuteronomy 30:19 "I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Rise up, My children, and remember that which I have done on your behalf. Rise up in the fullness of expectation that will allow Me to work in your life in unusual ways. You may not understand or be able to perceive My work in your life until the manifestation of those things. But, then you will know that I have shown you the way. You will know that I am with you and will always bring you through to victory in this season and the seasons that are beyond, says the Lord.

Come away with Me. Come out of that which bothers, hinders, and troubles you. Yes, indeed, I am calling you into the secret place of My habitation. And, from this place the wells of living water flow. In that flow comes My presence. And, with My presence comes healing, help, deliverance and all that you require. Come be renewed. Allow My peace to invade your spirit. Allow Me to encourage you. Allow Me to strengthen you. I am calling you to walk with Me this day, says the Most High.

I've Been Touched by Virginia Santoro
In the deepest depths and the farthest corners,
I've been touched.
No stone was left unturned,
not an inch spared the burn...
of Spirit moving through me,
for I've been touched.
With faith I sought relief,
from every pain and grief.
God listened as I prayed,
and sent His angels to show the way.
I gently lay down in the Spirit.
With no resistance, I fell in It...
and so it is that I was touched.
No one can ever conceive
the healing I've received,
unless, until the day ~
when they will also say...
Thank you, Lord...
for I've been touched.

What To Do?
~ Anonymous Sage
(ty,Charl)
For attractive lips, SPEAK words of kindness.
For beautiful eyes, LOOK for the good in other people.
To lose weight, LET GO of stress and the need to control others.
To improve your ears, LISTEN to the word of God.
For poise, WALK with knowledge and self-esteem.
To strengthen your arms, HUG at least 3 people a day.
To strengthen your heart, FORGIVE yourself and others.
Don't worry and hurry so much.
Rather, walk this earth lightly ~
and still, leave your mark.
What to do?
Just Push
When everything seems to go wrong, just push.
When the job gets you down, just push.
When people don't react the way you think they should, just push.
When your money looks funny and the bills are due, just push.
When you want to curse them out for whatever the reason, just push.
When you ask the question, "When is my ship coming in?" (as I often do), just push.
When people don't understand you, just push.
Why push?
Pray
Until
Something
Happens
If your life is going just swell and nothing is going wrong, know you are truly BLESSED. Continue to P-U-S-H...for even greater blessings.

I am not what I ought to be.
I am not what I want to be.
I am not what I hope to be.
But still, I am not what I used to be.
And by the grace of God, I am what I am.
--John Newton

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. - Psalm 119:105

I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. - Jeremiah 29:11

Your sun shall no more go down, or your moon withdraw itself; for the LORD will be your everlasting light, and your days of mourning shall be ended. - Isaiah 60:20

Like living stones, let yourselves be built into a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. - 1 Peter 2:5

Trust in the LORD with all your heart. —Proverbs 3:5

The Lord said to Paul, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” - 2 Corinthians 12:9

Jesus said, “Where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” - Matthew 18:20

GIVING OUT OF LOVE
READ: Deuteronomy 15:4-11, 24:17-22
Those who oppress the poor insult their Maker, but helping the poor honors him (Proverbs 14:31).
A UK survey revealed that 96 percent of the generous donors surveyed gave to charity because they wanted to give back to society and tackle inequality. And 71 percent said they gave because of their faith.
Giving generously to those in need is central to being a believer in Jesus—something that reflects His heart. Our God, the defender of the poor and the oppressed (Psalm 12:5), told His people that He keeps a watchful eye on the orphans, widows, and foreigners—giving them justice, food, and clothing (Deuteronomy 10:18). He wanted them to be compassionate, to “not be hardhearted or tightfisted” but to “give generously . . . , not grudgingly, for the Lord your God will bless you in everything you do” (Deuteronomy 15:7,10).
When harvesting crops (Deuteronomy 24:19-21), the people were to provide food for the poor by leaving some behind so they could harvest it. God twice reminded them that they too were once poor. “Always remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the Lord your God redeemed you from your slavery. . . . That is why I have given you this command” (Deuteronomy 24:18,22). God blessed them materially so that they could enjoy His good gifts. But they were to share them with those in need (Deuteronomy 14:28-29).
How are we living out the heart of God for those in need? Whether we have little or much, it’s our joy to pour out on others what He’s given, remembering that “those who oppress the poor insult their Maker, but helping the poor honors him.” And, “If you help the poor, you are lending to the Lord —and he will repay you!” (Proverbs 14:31, 19:17).
May we give to those in need as God prompts us and provides, using us as conduits of His love and compassion. —K.T. Sim

Dear Lord, we can never fully understand your ways, but we know you love us more than we can comprehend. Help us respond to your love and trust you in all circumstances. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 65
1 Praise waiteth for thee, O God, in Sion: and unto thee shall the vow be performed. 2 O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come. 3 Iniquities prevail against me: as for our transgressions, thou shalt purge them away. 4 Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple. 5 By terrible things in righteousness wilt thou answer us, O God of our salvation; who art the confidence of all the ends of the earth, and of them that are afar off upon the sea: 6 Which by his strength setteth fast the mountains; being girded with power: 7 Which stilleth the noise of the seas, the noise of their waves, and the tumult of the people. 8 They also that dwell in the uttermost parts are afraid at thy tokens: thou makest the outgoings of the morning and evening to rejoice. 9 Thou visitest the earth, and waterest it: thou greatly enrichest it with the river of God, which is full of water: thou preparest them corn, when thou hast so provided for it. 10 Thou waterest the ridges thereof abundantly: thou settlest the furrows thereof: thou makest it soft with showers: thou blessest the springing thereof. 11 Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness. 12 They drop upon the pastures of the wilderness: and the little hills rejoice on every side. 13 The pastures are clothed with flocks; the valleys also are covered over with corn; they shout for joy, they also sing.

Thank you, God, for being there when we feel unsure. Help us to trust that you will show us the way. Help us to trust your design. Thank you for helping us to persevere. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply