Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2014, 11:30 AM   #32
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 31

Prayer to Live Christ's Word Today

Gracious God, Jesus is calling me to a new beginning; to a fresh call to discipleship. You are asking me to deny myself, take up my cross and follow you. It was at my baptism that you claimed me as your child.

Today, I affirm that I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. I surrender my will, my desires and my life to you, O God. I commit myself to your call to discipleship: to pray, study your Word, worship you, invite other people to a life of discipleship, encourage Christians in their life of faith, serve those in need, and give joyfully of the gifts that You first gave me.
This I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

Meditation

[Christ lives in me.]

Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, I pray that you direct my way unto you, and make me and all of us to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you; to the end that we may establish our hearts unblameable in holiness before you, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. Amen.

God our Father, open our eyes to the beauty of your creation. Inspire us to appreciate all the wonders of life. May all that we see lead us to you. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I praise You for Your abundant love and mercy toward us. Thank you for being patient with me as I am learning not to say things that would hurt You or others. I do ask that You help me to guard my lips from saying unkind things. Lord, even as David prayed these words, I ask that they be my prayer also. "Let the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Help us all, as Your children, to say edifying things about one another. Thank you for the abundant life that is ours as we hear, speak, and obey the Words of God. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Lord our God, we turn our faces to you and plead with you to come to us earthly and often tormented people. May we find strength in the Lord Jesus Christ, through whom redemption is promised to us all. May your kingdom at last be revealed and everything change for the better even though we do not see it yet. May we always honor your name above all others, for you are our Father and we want to hold fast to your grace that lets us call you Father. In our troubled times we want to have enduring faith that you can bring a new time when good shall at last emerge from all the distress. Grant that every broken and needy person may experience your help, your grace, and your salvation, and may know that these always surround us, if only our eyes are open to see and recognize them. So we want to thank and praise you at all times, and at last know the joy of eternity, to your glory and honor. Amen.

To Put Others First

Father, I'm praying that (name one or more) and others in my circle of family and friends will have servant hearts...

May they desire to have servant hearts, considering others better than themselves, putting others' needs above their own. (Philippians 2:3–4)

May they imitate Christ, who became a servant, humbling Himself to become human just like us, living a life of obedience even to death. Jesus came not to be served but to serve and to give His life. (1 Thessalonians 1:6; Philippians 2:6–8; Matthew 20:28)

May they serve one another in love, always wholeheartedly as though they are serving the Lord Jesus, not men. May they use the spiritual gifts they've received to serve others with the strength You provide, so that in all things You may be praised. (Galatians 5:13b; Ephesians 6:7; 1 Peter 4:10, 11b)

May they always be eager to serve, treating others as they would want to be treated. (1 Peter 5:2b; Matthew 7:12)

Help them to live for others, asking, "How would I want to be treated in this and every situation?"—and responding just that way.

In Jesus' name, amen.

- Jim & Kaye Johns
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 03-27-2015 at 02:10 AM.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply