Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Lounge > Inspirations, Poetry, Quotes, Thoughts, Etc

Share This Forum!  

Inspirations, Poetry, Quotes, Thoughts, Etc A place for you to express yourself. Share inspirations, poetry, quotes, writings etc. here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-07-2016, 10:00 AM   #241
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Ten Choices You Will Regret in 10 Years

“If only…” These two words paired together create one of the saddest phrases in the English language.

Depressed

Here are ten choices that ultimately lead to this phrase of regret, and how to elude them:

1. Wearing a mask to impress others. – If the face you always show the world is a mask, someday there will be nothing beneath it. Because when you spend too much time concentrating on everyone else’s perception of you, or who everyone else wants you to be, you eventually forget who you really are. So don’t fear the judgments of others; you know in your heart who you are and what’s true to you. You don’t have to be perfect to impress and inspire people. Let them be impressed and inspired by how you deal with your imperfections.

2. Letting someone else create your dreams for you. – The greatest challenge in life is discovering who you are; the second greatest is being happy with what you find. A big part of this is your decision to stay true toyour own goals and dreams. Do you have people who disagree with you? Good. It means you’re standing your ground and walking your own path. Sometimes you’ll do things considered crazy by others, but when you catch yourself excitedly losing track of time, that’s when you’ll know you’re doing the right thing. Read The 4-Hour Workweek.

3. Keeping negative company. – Don’t let someone who has a bad attitude give it to you. Don’t let them get to you. They can’t pull the trigger if you don’t hand them the gun. When you remember that keeping the company of negative people is a choice, instead of an obligation, you free yourself to keep the company of compassion instead of anger, generosity instead of greed, and patience instead of anxiety.

4. Being selfish and egotistical. – A life filled with loving deeds and good character is the best tombstone. Those who you inspired and shared your love with will remember how you made them feel long after your time has expired. So carve your name on hearts, not stone. What you have done for yourself alone dies with you; what you have done for others and the world remains.

5. Avoiding change and growth. – If you want to know your past look into your present conditions. If you want to know your future look into your present actions. You must let go of the old to make way for the new; the old way is gone, never to come back. If you acknowledge this right now and take steps to address it, you will position yourself for lasting success. Read The Power of Habit.

6. Giving up when the going gets tough. – There are no failures, just results. Even if things don’t unfold the way you had expected, don’t be disheartened or give up. Learn what you can and move on. The one who continues to advance one step at a time will win in the end. Because the battle is always won far away and long before the final victory. It’s a process that occurs with small steps, decisions, and actions that gradually build upon each other and eventually lead to that glorious moment of triumph.

7. Trying to micromanage every little thing. – Life should be touched, not strangled. Sometimes you’ve got to relax and let life happen without incessant worry and micromanagement. Learn to let go a little before you squeeze too tight. Take a deep breath. When the dust settles and you can once again see the forest for the trees, take the next step forward. You don’t have to know exactly where you’re going to be headed somewhere great. Everything in life is in perfect order whether you understand it yet or not. It just takes some time to connect all the dots.

8. Settling for less than you deserve. – Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve. Sometimes you have to get knocked down lower than you have ever been to stand up taller than you ever were before. Sometimes your eyes need to be washed by your tears so you can see the possibilities in front of you with a clearer vision again. Don’t settle.

9. Endlessly waiting until tomorrow. – The trouble is, you always think you have more time than you do. But one day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to work on the things you’ve always wanted to do. And at that point you either will have achieved the goals you set for yourself, or you will have a list of excuses for why you haven’t. Read The Last Lecture.

10. Being lazy and wishy-washy. – The world doesn’t owe you anything, you owe the world something. So stop daydreaming and start DOING. Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. Take full responsibility for your life – take control. You are important and you are needed. It’s too late to sit around and wait for somebody to do something someday. Someday is now; the somebody the world needs is YOU.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 02-16-2017 at 04:56 PM.
MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2016, 11:39 PM   #242
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 02-16-2017 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:50 AM   #243
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

Where your mind is

What do you think about your current situation? What do you think about the possibilities that are available to you at this moment?
What you think has a direct and undeniable connection to what you do. So it pays to keep your mind focused on the highest and the best.

Where your mind is right now is where your life will soon be. The thousands of thoughts that you think each day provide the stage upon which you perform.

The outer performance is driven by the inner thoughts. Thoughts of confidence, effectiveness, strength and positive achievement will lead to truly great performances.

Consider all the things you say to yourself as every day goes along. Each one is an opportunity for you to direct your mind in precisely the way you choose.

Use all your thoughts, the little ones, the big ones, and all the rest, to put your mind in a positive, empowering place. Enjoy the journey as your great thoughts lead you surely and steadily to greatness.

-- Ralph Marston
A good reminder. I use to discount those little thoughts, not realizing that for the most part it was Good Order Direction from my God and/or me waring with myself, trying to play God with my life, not willing to be patient and wait on my God. I was told, when the time is right you will know. I had to wait until I knew and stop second guessing myself.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-16-2016, 08:20 AM   #244
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-16-2017, 05:01 PM   #245
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

God Calling

Hello?...
Deep in the dark, one rainy night the God of the universe called me
I was awake and thoughts were aplenty, I just couldn’t let it be
The caller ID showed:
G-O-D-H-E-R-E
as I hesitantly picked it up

“Hello my dear...” He said, “With Me...please come sup...
“Yes…It is Me and I AM here…I see you, I love you, I care
“I want you near Me always…I have so much to share
“I know your heart has been broken for many years and times
“With no more I love you’s - sad words and songs and rhymes
“I want to change that for you now…I alone know the way
“No more looking to men for joy…I’ll brighten your every day
“Think only of Me…for I AM peace and beauty and love
“My love for you is out of this world…astoundingly high above
“Way beyond the stars it soars…far reaching and out of reach
“You may not be able to see it…but you feel it now, my peach!
“For I do know you and I love you…I’ve given my all in all
“Listen and believe Me…draw near and you will never fall

I sat there stunned as I listened to every and all of this
Was this really happening...now really!? It seemed like such true bliss!
Yet I heard His very voice so clear as it came by phone into my ear
The Father above took time out for me…He called me His dear!?

“Don’t let others distract you, just listen to my call
“For you live in a world of evil, so to protect you I put up a wall
“I hedge you into my very body…please smile and stand so tall
“You are my firstborn so special, you’re the apple of my eye
“Never ever let go of Me…soon you’ll soar, you’ll fly!
“Learn from Me and you’ll soon teach your brothers and sisters anew
“New things! Delightful things! My very words so true!
“I am a Father and you’re all my children
“A brighter day is coming…my Family Kingdom…my gem
“Look to Me and no one else for your happiness and peace
“I will protect you and lighten your burdens…I will make you feast
“Now…you call Me and talk a while, I’ll always be right there
“To listen as you share your heart, to show you how much I care
“I’ve got to go for now, but I’ve enjoyed every minute
“Remember Me and don’t forget…I’m close and I AM infinite
“My love for you will never die…I’ve got big plans for you
“So give me a call and talk to Me daily, for I AM yours so ever true”

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-16-2017, 05:53 PM   #246
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
How is my own life-work serving to end these tyrannies, the corrosions of sacred possibility?

- June Jordan

Sometimes, when we stop and reflect, we need to believe that the work we are doing has a meaning beyond the tedium of the everyday. In fact, if we cannot see some larger connection in what we are doing, we often experience a feeling of loss or emptiness.

We know, somewhere deep inside us, that even if what we are doing doesn't exactly have a great cosmic meaning, they way we go about it and the interactions we have with others around our work can give it meaning beyond itself. Regardless of what we do, we do have an opportunity to make it sacred work.

I always have the freedom for a sacred possibility.
Freedom is a word I love and I didn't know that I was in bondage to so many things. I didn't know that by a spiritual connection to my outlook on life, that I could be free of those old patterns, tapes and beliefs.

- I no longer had to people please.

- It was okay to be me.

- I was not stupid.

- I was an intelligent human being.

- I did not have to go outside of myself for affirmation.

- I didn't have to find my worth by going outside of myself to find something to make me happy.

- I didn't always have to be busy, it was okay to just be!

- I didn't always have to be doing.

- I could take time for myself.

As I look at this, I can see all the "I" and realized that although my disease brought me to a place where I was selfish and self-centered, I had no concept of self-care and self-worth, and completely lacking in self-esteem. So many times, I followed the direction of other people and what they thought I should be doing in my recovery, only to suffer pain and a sense of failure and self-worth. I was trying to live up to other peoples expectations and judgments, instead of listening to what my Higher Power was directing me toward.

The greatest freedom I have been given has been my sense of self, and my sense of well being. I no longer have to live my life through others and my life is built on a new spiritual awareness of the God of my understanding.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-16-2017, 05:54 PM   #247
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Freedom from the bondage of Self. I was just sharing with a member of my group today, before I share, I try to say the Serenity Prayer, the Third Step Prayer, and the Seventh Step Prayer to get me out of the way, so my God can work through me and hopefully, what comes out, is divinely inspired, not I-centered. All I can do is share what happened and worked for me, with the hope, that it will one day help others.

Just thinking of the fact that this was posted in 2004 and here it is 2017, who would ever have thought it, certainly not me!!!

The freedom of recovery, that first AA Promise, that is all I wanted. You will know a new freedom and a new happiness.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-27-2017, 06:04 AM   #248
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Listen To Your Heart

I said a prayer for you today,
So listen to your heart.
God will be speaking to you,
And words He will impart.
I have not a single doubt,
That He will come unto you.
I know He keeps His promises,
And shares your burdens too.
He knows about your worries,
And decisions you must make.
Knows you are undecided as to,
Pathways you should take.
So when you hear Him whisper,
Listen and take heed.
He wants to lead and guide you,
And help you in your need.
It's not always easy to take the right path,
It takes courage and determination.
But God will direct your thoughts and steps,
Grant blessings beyond expectation.
So watch and listen through the day,
Stand tall and look around.
You are one of God's children and,
He will never let you down.
Remember always I'm praying for you,
And when we are apart,
I promise things will work for good,
If you listen to your heart.

--Southbreeze

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 11-24-2017, 10:18 PM   #249
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

"We measure our progress in AA by two words, 'humility' and 'responsibility.' May I ever keep my eye on these yardsticks as I continue to seek only knowledge of his will for me."
Spiritual Awakenings Vol. 1
Tulsa, Okla., July 1978
"The Power of the Program,"
Heard a long timer say, "If you hear someone say they have humility, you know they haven't got it. Yet when you see someone practicing humility, you know he/she is working the program. As the saying goes, "Principles before personalities." If you are in Al-Anon, it reads "Principles above personalities."

What ever way you look at it, it is practicing the principles in all our affairs.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-21-2017, 11:35 AM   #250
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 01-04-2018, 10:42 AM   #251
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
A Hug Just For You

There are hugs that say I like you
and I hold your friendship dear.
There are hugs that say
"good going" you deserve
a great big cheer.
There are hugs that say goodbye,
good luck in all that lies ahead.
There are hugs that say I love you
when no other words are said.
There are hugs that soothe
and say to us you're free
from cares and harms.
The kind of hug we feel
when God holds us
within His arms.

- Author Unknown

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:38 AM   #252
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

The world's a whole
lot nicer place
Because of
people like you...
Who give real
joy and pleasure
By the nice things
that they do.

Thanks So Much!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-04-2018, 02:08 PM   #253
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 03-04-2018, 02:12 PM   #254
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Don't like posting pictures that don't fit, but wanted to share the message.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply