Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 10/17

We can approach the Bible not as a dry manuscript or history text, but as a way to develop closeness with our Father. God inspired His Book to be written and given to us that we may know Him intimately. --Mike Macintosh

From the glimpses of heaven given us by Jesus, we know that whatever else heaven is, it’s full of joy. --Ken Gire

Reach out and take God's hands. Close your eyes and let him walk you through every change of plans. Let him hold you, comfort you, guide you, heal you and see you through. Each change of plans is a new beginning, a new healing, a new blessing and a new reckoning! You don't have to be afraid. You are not alone. It is just another route to get to where you need to be. --Melinda Clements

God is faithful. If He has allowed a trial into your life, you can bank on the fact that He has a reason for having done so. Trust Him with your pain. Trust Him that He has a plan. --Rebecca Lusignolo

You have been created by God and for God, and someday you will stand amazed at the simple yet profound ways He has used you even when you weren’t aware of it. --Kay Arthur

No one is too messed up for God to use, and no task is too unimportant to matter to God. --Stephen Arterburn and Jack Felton

Before the foundation of the world was laid, God, in His divine sovereignty, planned to send His own Son to the cross to be our Savior. --Anne Graham Lotz

Every Time
Paul begins his letter to the Philippian church (after a brief greeting) with these words, “I thank my God every time I remember you.” (Philippians 1:3, NIV) He expresses his joy that comes as a result of his relationship with them and prays for them. What an encouraging moment that must have been when those lovers of God and lovers of Paul received his letter where he shared his love for them, and explained what was going on in his world. There surely was a sense of relief to learn that he was doing so well, even though he is in a difficult place.
What an encouragement it must have been when they heard the words, “I thank my God every time I remember you.”
Are there people in your life to whom you could say the same thing? “I thank my God every time I remember you.” Not once in a while. Not occasionally. Not once in a blue moon if something happens to remind me of you. Every time you think of them you thank God for them.
We may have a few people who prompt the opposite response. Every time we think of them we ask God why He put them in our life. We may question His wisdom for allowing them to be such a pain in the neck. We may even ask Him to remove them from our life. Paul probably had one or two of those people as well. He wrote other letters to other groups that have different comments at the beginning. But, not this group. This group was special.
“I thank my God every time I remember you.” Who are those people in your life? Have you told them how you feel about them? What a blessing it would be for them to hear these words from you.
Parents, if you can, take the time to look your children in the eyes and say, “I thank my God every time I remember you.” Tell them why. Tell them that you are praying for them and what you are praying. Do the same with your grandchildren if you can.
Children, if you can, take a moment and tell your parents, “I thank my God every time I remember you.” Explain to them all the things they do and have done that make you so thankful. Remind them that you are praying for them.
Husbands, shock your wife sometime by turning off the game and telling her, “I thank my God every time I remember you.”
Wives, go out of your way to tell your husband, “I thank my God every time I remember you.”
Is there a teacher who inspired you? Is there a student who stands out from the crowd as one who has great potential? Is there a friend who has been there for you? Is there a co-worker who always seems to be willing to lend a hand and offer a kind word of encouragement? Be creative. Find a way to say, “I thank my God every time I remember you.” Tell them why. Tell them you are praying for them.
When I arrived at my office this morning I found a basket of candy, snacks, and all kinds of goodies, golf tees, practice golf balls, and colorful paper creatively arranged to look like a basket of flowers. Attached to it was a handwritten note of encouragement to me expressing appreciation and support for me. Signed simply: “Your siblings in Christ.” What a blessing! What a way to start the week! Do I feel appreciate? Do I feel loved? Absolutely!
You can do that for someone you know and love and appreciate. Turn your good intentions into a blessing for them.
I thank my God every time I think about you reading these Norvell Notes. Thank you for being a blessing in my life and for being blessing in the lives of those around you.
“I thank my God every time I remember you.” --Tom

The Mist by Sally I. Kennedy
you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. James 4:14
Morning dawned foggy and misty. It took us by surprise, as we had expected bright, sunny and clear as it had been every day for the past week. The mist was beautiful, though, as it moved around, came back together, and slowly dissipated.
It seemed to grow right out of the trees, huddle against the mountain and linger there; a beautiful yet eerie sight early in the morning. Usually the sun would have burned off the settled in fog by this hour, and the colors would be autumn vibrant. Eventually the mist disappeared altogether into the purplish haze of mountains, sunshine peeking through the giant trees. I watched it, caught up in its beauty.
The Bible speaks of our lives being a mist or a vapor. How true, and yet when we are in the Lord our mist blends into a sweet fragrance in and for the Kingdom. We may be like the grass of the field, here today gone tomorrow, however our lives have meaning and purpose.
So you're not just a mist, here today and gone tomorrow. You have been made in the image of God; you are eternal. You were created special and unique; you have a loving Father who looks over you and watches over you as a loving kind shepherd.
It's good to let the mist of your life blend with the Lord; you will be blessed to be a blessing. And that's good news for sure.

A Symbol of Hope by King Duncan
"Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. But a poor widow came and put in two very small coins (mites), worth only a few cents. Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.” (Mark 12:41-44)
Ruele Howe tells about growing up with his parents in the country. When he was 15 years old, the house caught on fire. They escaped with only the clothes on their backs. There were no close neighbors to help so he and his father walked to a distant village to get supplies. As they returned they saw something that stayed with Ruele Howe all those years after. Beside the charred remains of what had been their house, his mother had laid out lunch on a log. She had placed a tin can filled with wildflowers on the log. It was a symbol of hope in the midst of tragedy.
This is the Christian faith, isn't it? She didn't try to cover up the disaster with flowers, but in the midst of that gloomy scene she had placed a symbol of hope.
These two coins that the widow placed in the temple treasury were her wildflowers. This was her symbol, her way of saying I know God will provide.

USE EVERYTHING THAT YOU HAVE... Author Unknown
A little boy was spending his Saturday morning playing in his sandbox. He had with him his box of cars and trucks, his plastic pail, and a shiny, red plastic shovel. In the process of creating roads and tunnels in the soft sand, he discovered a large rock in the middle of the sandbox. The little boy dug around the rock, managing to dislodge it from the dirt.
With no little bit of struggle, he pushed and nudged the rock across the sandbox by using his feet. He was a very small boy and the rock was huge. When the boy got the rock to the edge of the sandbox, however, he found that he couldn't roll it up and over the little wall.
Determined, the little boy shoved, pushed, and pried, but every time he thought he had made some progress, the rock tipped and then fell back into the sandbox. The little boy grunted, struggled, pushed and shoved, but his only reward was to have the rock roll back, smashing his chubby fingers.
Finally, he burst into tears of frustration. All this time the boy's father watched from his living room window as the drama unfolded. At the moment the tears fell, a large shadow fell across the boy and the sandbox. It was the boy's father. Gently but firmly he said, "Son, why didn't you use all the strength that you had available?"
Defeated, the boy sobbed back, "But I did. Daddy, I did! I used all the strength that I had!"
"No, son," corrected the father kindly, "You didn't use all the strength you had. You didn't ask me." With that the father reached down, picked up the rock and removed it from the sandbox.
Sound familiar? We all have rocks to move, and we need to go directly to our Father to get the job done. Ask for the wisdom, the patience, the grace to see "the light" even in the darkness. It will be given. It has been promised.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
"The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalm 27:1)
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1)

Taste and See That The Lord Is Good by Katherine Walden
“Chew each bite twenty times before swallowing. Put your fork down between each bite. Don’t shovel your food!” Generations of wise parents have given this sage advice at dinner tables across the world and medical studies back them up. Slowly chewing your food not only releases enzymes that promote efficient digestion, it also allows your brain to tune into the signals your stomach sends when it is full, so you are less apt to overeat.
Frustrated home cooks watch with dismay while their families devour meals in a few minutes that took them hours to prepare. They shake their heads as table-mates automatically reach for the salt shaker before tasting the carefully seasoned casseroles and soups presented before them. Colourful salads and artistically arranged vegetable dishes are bypassed in favour of processed meat and french-fried potatoes. Teens would rather eat instant noodles in their room than sit at the table with their families. It is easy to understand why many cooks turn to take-out menus and not cherished cookbooks.
Our fast food, fast-paced culture has become a snare to many Christians. As we weave through work schedules, church responsibilities and busy home lives, we fail to give our full attention to the moment at hand. We find our minds are always racing forward to the next scheduled event. We are so busy looking for the next exit along the superhighway of life that we have no idea where we have been, and we miss the view along the way.
Psalm 34:8 “Taste and see that the Lord is good.”
In 1985, I joined a group of fellow missionaries on a pleasure trip in central Thailand. As we drove into the countryside, rice paddies gave way to lush forests, rolling hills and switch back roads. At the top of one particularly windy incline, I was met with a breath-taking vista. I whipped out my camera and took a desperate snapshot out the open window of our van, knowing I did not have the time to set up proper composition for the frame. I willed myself to capture every detail in my mind. Although I saw that view for a scant two seconds over 30 years ago, my mind still conjures up a vivid picture of the flora covered rock formations that jutted out from the lush green valley below.
I didn’t allow that moment to slip past me like a half-chewed bite of hamburger. Quite the contrary! I savoured every morsel of the gift God gave me that day. I have used that same technique over the years with various levels of success. I have noticed that the images and moments that have stayed with me are the images and moments that I captured with intention and gratefulness.
I can only experience the fullness of God's goodness if I take the time to savour that goodness. By receiving with intention and focus, I discover subtle flavours and nuances that I might otherwise miss. This requires mental discipline as I must make the mindful effort to stay in the present moment. Just as physical food nourishes me best when consumed slowly and mindfully, so does the spiritual food God sets before me each day.

The 7-Ups of Life

1. Wake Up !!! Decide to have a good day. "This is the day that the Lord hath made; let us rejoice and be glad in it" (Psalms 118:24)
2. Dress Up !!! The best way to dress up is to put on a smile. A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks. "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at outward appearance; but the Lord looks at the heart." (I Samuel 16:7)
3. Shut Up !!! Say nice things and learn to listen. God gave us two ears and one mouth, so we need to listen twice as much as we talk. "He who guards his lips guards his soul." (Proverbs 13:3)
4. Stand Up !!! For what you believe in. Stand for something or you will fall for anything.. "Let us not be weary in doing good; for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good..." (Galatians 6:9-10)
5. Look Up !!! To the Lord. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
6. Reach Up !!! For something higher. "I Press on toward the mark of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:13)
7. Lift Up !!! Your Prayers. "Do not worry about anything; Instead PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING." (Philippians 4:6)

TO BE THANKFUL FOR Author Unknown
The mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
The taxes I pay because it means that I'm employed.
The clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.
My shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine.
A lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.
All the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.
The space I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.
My huge heating bill because it means I am warm.
The lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means that I can hear.
The piles of laundry and ironing because it means I have clothes to wear.
Weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.
The alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I'm alive.
Getting too much email bogs me down but at least I know I have friends who are thinking of me.
Even though I clutch my blanket and growl when The alarm rings, thank you, Lord, that I can hear. There are many who are deaf.
Even though I keep my eyes closed against the morning light as long as possible, thank you, Lord, that I can see. Many are blind.
Even though I huddle in my bed and put off rising, thank you Lord, that I have the strength to rise. There are many who are bedridden.
Even though the first hour of my day is hectic, when socks are lost, toast is burned and tempers are short, thank you, Lord, for My family. There are many who are lonely.
Even though our breakfast table never looks like the pictures in magazines and the menu is at times unbalanced, thank you, Lord, for the food we have. There are many who are hungry.
Even though the routine of my job often is hard, thank you, Lord, for the opportunity to work. There are many who have no job.
Even though I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to day and wish my circumstances were not so modest, thank you, Lord, for life.
Pass this on to the friends you know.
A friend is someone we turn to when our spirits need a lift.
A friend is someone we treasure for our friendship is a gift.
A friend is someone who fills our lives with Beauty, Joy, and Grace and makes the world we live in A Better and Happier Place.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Breakthrough at this time is not a singular incident as much as a process. It is a marathon rather than a sprint. Stay with the process until you know that you have broken through the barriers that have hindered you, says the Lord. Be diligent, and I will give you wisdom and will strengthen you to do all that is necessary at this juncture. Continue in your faith. Psalms 31:24 Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the LORD.

Watch for feelings of ambivalence. When you are uncertain and do not know which way to turn or what to do next, you would do well to wait for My direction, says the Lord. Do nothing until you are more settled. You might also get mixed signals from others that keep you from knowing where you stand. Refuse to overreact to what people do or say. Stay calm and be at peace. Isaiah 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

You have begun to reap the harvest from what was sown during the beginning of the season that is ending. Some will experience great favor and benefit while others will endure hardship. Others will fall somewhere between those two extremes. This is a time when you would do well to learn the lessons of the harvest, says the Lord. Matthew 13:23 "But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty."

Examine your life and determine the aspects, both spiritual and natural, that cause you to thrive. You must protect those components from any form of destruction if you are to obtain a sense of safety and security. Your foundation must be solid spiritually before you can build anything that can withstand the onslaughts that come with time and circumstance, says the Lord. Be deliberate and diligent in your construction. Matthew 7:24-27 "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."

Make the effort and take the time to establish sure footing. Even though My word stands forever unchanged and I remain the same, there will be new protocols regarding the assignments that I will give you in the days ahead. There are things that you need to know and understand before you forge ahead. Discernment and finesse will be required before you can fulfill all that is purposed for you, says the Lord. Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Come! Come and I will give you rest. Come and I will remove the burdens that you carry. Come and I will heal your brokenness. Come and I will give understanding, revelation and inspiration for these days. Indeed, I am with you and I am for you. I am bringing you into a new spiritual dimension, and I will increase your faith. I will bestow upon you a revelation of the Father's heart towards you. I will demonstrate My love, My mercy, and My grace to those who believe. You have struggled, but I have watched over you. Even though the enemy has desired to kill you, you are still with Me, you are still alive and you are still here because you have determined to be an overcomer. I have seen the difficulty of your struggle and hardship. You have endured trials, but I tell you that resurrection life awaits. The power of My kingdom will be demonstrated, and I encourage and touch you to bring life to the weariness of your heart and soul, says the Lord. Arise now and walk forth. Walk over the power of death and over the power of the enemy. Arise and come to the trysting place that I have prepared for you in this time. It is a place of communion and a place of the finishing rains. The refreshing has begun, and the rain is falling. Now is the day of My power, says the Lord.

God's Creation by Joyce C. Lock
However God created you,
He didn't make a mistake.
Adding gifts and talents,
Passion is His to create.
Out of our weakness,
His strength is ours to take...
Multiplying His precious seed,
All for the Kingdom's sake.

If I Had Only Known by Julie Pendergast
If I had only known
the road would be so long
I would have danced a little slower
I would have sang a different song
If I had only known
when I was young and free
I would have made so many different choices
Taken better care of me
If I had only known
the road would be so long
I would have stood in the rain longer
Moved far away from here
Walked on a beach in the moonlight
Watched the sun set into night
It is not for me to know how long the road will be
I need to thank God for the blessings
He has indeed bestowed on me
I will dance a little slower
And sing a different song
For God is traveling by my side
He has been there all along

"It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High." Psalm 92:1

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights. Habakkuk 3:17-19

Keep on loving each other as brothers. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it. Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering. Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral. Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. "So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:1-6

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace, not by ceremonial foods, which are of no value to those who eat them.
Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise--the fruit of lips that confess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.
Pray for us. We are sure that we have a clear conscience and desire to live honorably in every way. I particularly urge you to pray so that I may be restored to you soon. May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. Hebrews 13:8-9, 15-16, 18-21

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

"The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry." Psalm 34:15

The Gift of Grace By John Stuart
Matthew 20:15 Don't I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?
Today’s Gospel passage (Matthew 20:1-16) has nothing to do with workers’ rights, shrewd employers, or salary compensation; it’s all about the grace of God and how He freely and independently chooses to bestow it upon anyone that He selects. Grace belongs to God, so when He blesses someone that we think doesn't deserve it, then we need to ask ourselves this question: who does deserve God’s grace?
Of course, the honest answer to that question is no one deserves God’s grace, otherwise it would simply be a meritorious award or an honorary gift. We all for short of the standards that God expects of us; we all sin on a daily basis, so if God simply gave His grace to those who deserved it, no one would experience or know of God’s grace ever again.
It’s because God is gracious that we can begin again each day with a clean slate. It’s because of God’s grace that we can turn away from our sin and turn toward His love. It’s because of God’s grace that we can live our lives not under the fear of judgment and wrath, but with the joy and gladness that only grace can bring. As the old hymn emphatically states, grace is absolutely amazing!
Perhaps you still feel guilty about something you did in the past, or some wrong that you committed which hurt someone else. Maybe you regret something that you said or did which disappointed God and still makes you feel ashamed. Perhaps you believe that you cannot be forgiven, so all you deserve is God’s wrath and eternal punishment for a horrible sin in your life. To tell you the truth, every Christian feels that way; every church person knows that reality; every follower of Jesus has experienced those kind of faults and failures.
However, because God is gracious and because He wants to give grace, we can all be forgiven and restored, pardoned and accepted of anything and everything that we have ever said or done. There are no limits to God’s grace when we come to Him humbly and sincerely seeking His pardon. When we acknowledge our sinfulness before Him in prayer, He gives to us His grace through Jesus Christ, His Son and our Savior.
Questions for personal reflection: What is the biggest regret in my life? Am I willing to confess it to God, in order to receive His grace?
Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are the instrument of God’s grace and the channel of His mercy. We know that we do not deserve such a wonderful and amazing gift. We thank You for sacrificing Yourself so that we may be given God’s amazing and absolute grace in our sinful lives. In Your Holy Name, we thankfully pray. Amen.

Dear God, I pray to keep my connection with You open and clear from the confusion of daily life. Through my prayers and meditation I ask especially for freedom from self-will, rationalization and wishful thinking. I pray for the guidance of correct thought and positive action. Your will, God, not mine, be done.

Read Through The Bible
Ezra 8
Heads of Families Who Returned with Ezra
1 These are the heads of their fathers’ houses, and this is the genealogy of those who went up with me from Babylon, in the reign of King Artaxerxes: 2 of the sons of Phinehas, Gershom; of the sons of Ithamar, Daniel; of the sons of David, Hattush; 3 of the sons of Shecaniah, of the sons of Parosh, Zechariah; and registered with him were one hundred and fifty males; 4 of the sons of Pahath-Moab, Eliehoenai the son of Zerahiah, and with him two hundred males; 5 of the sons of Shechaniah, Ben-Jahaziel, and with him three hundred males; 6 of the sons of Adin, Ebed the son of Jonathan, and with him fifty males; 7 of the sons of Elam, Jeshaiah the son of Athaliah, and with him seventy males; 8 of the sons of Shephatiah, Zebadiah the son of Michael, and with him eighty males; 9 of the sons of Joab, Obadiah the son of Jehiel, and with him two hundred and eighteen males; 10 of the sons of Shelomith, Ben-Josiphiah, and with him one hundred and sixty males; 11 of the sons of Bebai, Zechariah the son of Bebai, and with him twenty-eight males; 12 of the sons of Azgad, Johanan the son of Hakkatan, and with him one hundred and ten males; 13 of the last sons of Adonikam, whose names are these—Eliphelet, Jeiel, and Shemaiah—and with them sixty males; 14 also of the sons of Bigvai, Uthai and Zabbud, and with them seventy males.
Servants for the Temple
15 Now I gathered them by the river that flows to Ahava, and we camped there three days. And I looked among the people and the priests, and found none of the sons of Levi there. 16 Then I sent for Eliezer, Ariel, Shemaiah, Elnathan, Jarib, Elnathan, Nathan, Zechariah, and Meshullam, leaders; also for Joiarib and Elnathan, men of understanding. 17 And I gave them a command for Iddo the chief man at the place Casiphia, and I told them what they should say to Iddo and his brethren the Nethinim at the place Casiphia—that they should bring us servants for the house of our God. 18 Then, by the good hand of our God upon us, they brought us a man of understanding, of the sons of Mahli the son of Levi, the son of Israel, namely Sherebiah, with his sons and brothers, eighteen men; 19 and Hashabiah, and with him Jeshaiah of the sons of Merari, his brothers and their sons, twenty men; 20 also of the Nethinim, whom David and the leaders had appointed for the service of the Levites, two hundred and twenty Nethinim. All of them were designated by name.
Fasting and Prayer for Protection
21 Then I proclaimed a fast there at the river of Ahava, that we might humble ourselves before our God, to seek from Him the right way for us and our little ones and all our possessions. 22 For I was ashamed to request of the king an escort of soldiers and horsemen to help us against the enemy on the road, because we had spoken to the king, saying, “The hand of our God is upon all those for good who seek Him, but His power and His wrath are against all those who forsake Him.” 23 So we fasted and entreated our God for this, and He answered our prayer.
Gifts for the Temple
24 And I separated twelve of the leaders of the priests—Sherebiah, Hashabiah, and ten of their brethren with them— 25 and weighed out to them the silver, the gold, and the articles, the offering for the house of our God which the king and his counselors and his princes, and all Israel who were present, had offered. 26 I weighed into their hand six hundred and fifty talents of silver, silver articles weighing one hundred talents, one hundred talents of gold, 27 twenty gold basins worth a thousand drachmas, and two vessels of fine polished bronze, precious as gold. 28 And I said to them, “You are holy to the Lord; the articles are holy also; and the silver and the gold are a freewill offering to the Lord God of your fathers. 29 Watch and keep them until you weigh them before the leaders of the priests and the Levites and heads of the fathers’ houses of Israel in Jerusalem, in the chambers of the house of the Lord.” 30 So the priests and the Levites received the silver and the gold and the articles by weight, to bring them to Jerusalem to the house of our God.
The Return to Jerusalem
31 Then we departed from the river of Ahava on the twelfth day of the first month, to go to Jerusalem. And the hand of our God was upon us, and He delivered us from the hand of the enemy and from ambush along the road. 32 So we came to Jerusalem, and stayed there three days. 33 Now on the fourth day the silver and the gold and the articles were weighed in the house of our God by the hand of Meremoth the son of Uriah the priest, and with him was Eleazar the son of Phinehas; with them were the Levites, Jozabad the son of Jeshua and Noadiah the son of Binnui, 34 with the number and weight of everything. All the weight was written down at that time. 35 The children of those who had been carried away captive, who had come from the captivity, offered burnt offerings to the God of Israel: twelve bulls for all Israel, ninety-six rams, seventy-seven lambs, and twelve male goats as a sin offering. All this was a burnt offering to the Lord. 36 And they delivered the king’s orders to the king’s satraps and the governors in the region beyond the River. So they gave support to the people and the house of God.

Dear God, My spiritual awakening continues to unfold. The help I have received I shall pass on and give to others. For this opportunity I am grateful. I pray most humbly to continue walking day by day on the road of spiritual progress.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply