Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2017, 08:05 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default More Than I Can Fathom

More Than I Can Fathom By: Ron Edmondson

Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; His greatness no one can fathom. Psalm 145:3 NIV

God is great! The Bible said so! And I fully agree!

Have you ever had a day that started out horrible, then ended up wonderful?

One night when I owned my own business I couldn’t sleep. I was caught up with work and the problems facing me the next day. I tried the couch, extra pillows, turning down the air conditioner; nothing worked! I woke up more exhausted than when I went to bed.

The morning was just as I expected it to be. Awful! And so was my attitude. My employees probably wondered what rock I crawled out from under. I was not a happy boss.

At lunch I met with a good friend at my house for Bible study. We were two weeks into a new study, and we met once a week to go over it. It was the last place I wanted to be, but the best place I could be. I poured out my heart to my friend. He prayed for me. He left and I took a short nap.

I needed the rest, but more than anything, I needed to turn all my trials over to God. I told God I would not go back to work until He was in charge.

Guess what? I went back to work and everything I thought was a major problem now seemed like nothing to be concerned about. It turned out to be a great afternoon.

Why? What was the difference in my morning and in my afternoon? Well, I can tell you it was not because all my problems went away. It was not because I am a super-strong individual with powers over all my emotions. No, it was because He is an awesome God!

It was because God's greatness is far more than I can fathom! It was because I chose to look to Him instead of at my situation.

When I think about how great He is and how He cares for me, I literally get goose bumps on my arms!

God is great and worthy to be praised!
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply