Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2015, 07:39 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Tuesday, March 17, 2015

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Vulnerability

When we stop doping ourselves with unnecessary food, we become vulnerable. We have been using extra food as a defense against our feelings. Without it, fears and anxieties surface and new energies are released. Instead of retreating into the refrigerator, we can learn day by day how to live with our exposed selves.

Making an overture of friendship to someone we would like to know better involves the risk of rejection. Saying no to a family member when a request conflicts with our program may make us feel guilty. Asking for help when we need it means admitting our weakness. Exposing our needs destroys our facade of self-sufficiency.

To be vulnerable requires courage, but only as we are able to live without the defense of overeating are we able to grow emotionally and spiritually. When we stop turning to food to cover up our feelings and needs, we are able to be more open with other people. We are nourished by them and by the Higher Power who allays our fears and directs our new energies.

May I not fear being vulnerable.
I watched Paula Dean on Dr. Oz's TV Show the other day, and she used the term "Heathenism" when talking about her thinking when it came to food. It reminded me of how I called myself a Godly Heathen. The concept of just one isn't there, the ability to stop and not have more is not within myself, unless I go to my Higher Power.

She share that there was no reason not to treat herself, but she could cut down on fats, calories, and bring balance into her life and make healthy choices.

I have no defense against that thinking. As the Bible Verse says today, it is not from God is from the World. It is my Heathenism that is speaking to me that says, "What difference doesn't one more make?"

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply