Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Lounge > Humor

Share This Forum!  

Humor "We Are Not A Glum Lot." Share Articles, Humor, Inspirations, Jokes, News, Poems, Quotes, Writings, etc. Here. Keep It Clean Please.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2014, 09:25 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Cats and Dogs

Adam and Eve said, "Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you any more. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult to remember how much you love us."

And God said, "I will create a companion for you that will be with you forever and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will know I love you even though you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or unlovable you may become, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves."

And God created a new animal to be with Adam and Eve. And it was a good animal. And God was pleased. And the new animal was pleased and wagged its tail.

And Adam said, "Lord, I have named all the other animals in the land and I cannot think of a name for this one."

And God said, "Because I have created this animal to be a reflection of my love for you, so shall his name be a reflection of my name, and you will call it DOG."

And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a faithful companion to them and loved them. And they were comforted. And God was pleased. And Dog was content and barked and wagged its tail.

And it came to pass that an angel appeared before the Lord, explaining, "Lord, Adam and Eve have become puffed up with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks and believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well."

And God said, "Then I will create a companion for them who will be with them forever and who will see them as they are. This companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know they are not always worthy of such adoration."

And God created Cat to be a companion for Adam and Eve. And Cat would not obey them. When Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes, they knew that they were not supreme beings and saw themselves for who they were. And Adam and Eve learned humility. And they were greatly improved.

And God was pleased. And Dog was happy. And Cat didn't care one way or the other.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply