Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2016, 05:50 AM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Serenity

When I have recognized the things I can change and have had the courage to do my footwork, I will find serenity quietly sailing into my mind.

I need to balance myself from within, learning to quiet the mind, and in the stillness pray and listen for the answers.

Serenity can be found amongst the chaos, It was such a gift to be able to detach, not take on other people's stuff, learn to let go of my own to my Higher Power. Not easy but something that took practiice, practice, practice.

Serenity is being at peace with myself. Self-acceptance and self-worth, and self-respect, and all those things that I discounted about myself because I didn't think I was worthy. The old tapes would play and for some reason the volumn seems to be so much louder when they played than the new ones I had made to replace them.

I must remember that I am the one with the access to the play button and the volumn control. I can also push pause, and make a decision to rewind and play them again or fast forward and skip them.

God grants me that Serenity. I need to remember to go to Him and ask for it.
Posted on another site in 2011. Forgot that I could be so insightful. How easy I can forget! Maybe this is why they say, "Take what you need and put the rest on the shelf." My problem is that I don't like dusting. I need to go back and do a review because things so easily slip out of my mind in today.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply