Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Family and Friends of Alcoholics and Addicts
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Family and Friends of Alcoholics and Addicts This forum is for families and friends whose lives have been affected by someone else's drinking and/or drug abuse.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03-31-2014, 01:48 AM   #31
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Monday, March 31, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

Withdrawal is a preparation for emergence.

—Nor Hall

A man lost his family in a car accident and wanted to be alone for a while, but he worried whether he was doing the right thing. Then one day a friend told him that when pine cones fall off the lodge pole pine trees, they are sealed shut so the seeds inside can't get out. The pine cones lie on the forest floor-sometimes for decades-until a forest fire sweeps through. Heat from the fire melts the seal and the seeds fall out and finally grow, and that's why the lodge pole pine is called a "fire-origin species."

The man felt good about himself when he heard the story. "Fire-origin species" is a good name for people who've been burned by life and find new growth as a result.

How have I grown because of pain and difficulty?
More acceptance and tolerance on a good day. Spiritual growth and getting to know myself and my body speaks and tells me what it needs.

Went to the market the other day, and bought two packages of cinnamon buns, a bit on the expensive side at $5. each. I hadn't been there for a while and told the seller, that I had been going through withdrawal. They are so good and I could eat them daily, but they would eat at my pocket book and it would allow my disease to come out and run rampant.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply