Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 12/20

Jesus is the reason for the season!

You don't have to wait for Christmas to give gifts of love and joy. Give that love to others and yourself. Give it often. Give it freely. Give it all year round. --Melody Beattie

I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year. --Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol"

May you have the gladness of Christmas which is hope; The spirit of Christmas which is peace; The heart of Christmas which is love. --Ada V. Hendricks

May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through! ~Author Unknown

Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen. ~Author unknown, attributed to a 7-year-old named Bobby

Christmas is the gift from heaven
Of God’s Son given for free;
If Christmas isn’t found in your heart,
You won’t find it under the tree.
--Charlotte Carpenter

The History of The 12 Days Of Christmas
There is one Christmas Carol that has always baffled me. What in the world do leaping lords, French hens, swimming swans, and
especially the partridge who won't come out of the pear tree have to do with Christmas? From 1558 until 1829, Roman Catholics
in England were not permitted to practice their faith openly. Someone during that era wrote this carol as a catechism song for young Catholics. It has two levels of meaning: the surface meaning plus a hidden meaning known only to members of their church. Each element in the carol has a code word for a religious reality which the children could remember.
The partridge in a pear tree was Jesus Christ. Two turtle doves were the Old and New Testaments. Three French hens stood for
faith, hope and love. The four calling birds were the four gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke & John. The five golden rings recalled the Torah or Law, the first five books of the Old Testament. The six geese a-laying stood for the six days of creation. Seven swans a-swimming represented the sevenfold gifts of the Holy Spirit - Prophesy, Serving, Teaching, Exhortation, Contribution, Leadership, and Mercy. The eight maids a-milking were the eight beatitudes. Nine ladies dancing were the nine fruits of the Holy Spirit - Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self Control. The ten lords a-leaping were the ten commandments. The eleven pipers piping stood for the eleven faithful disciples. The twelve drummers drumming symbolized the twelve points of belief in the Apostles' Creed.
So there is your history for today. This knowledge was shared with me and I found it interesting and enlightening and now I know how that strange song became a Christmas Carol...so pass it on if you wish."
May God grant you peace and happiness throughout this Christmas Season. --Author Unknown

God's Gifts
"So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child"(Luke 2:16).
Dear friends, over the next two days most people will be preoccupied with gifts, either buying them, wondering what they are, or opening them. Gifts establish new relationships and mend broken ones. Gifts often mark achievements and turning points in our lives, such as wedding gifts, graduation gifts and birthday gifts. When gifts are given, it usually strengthens the relationship between the giver and the receiver.
THE GIFT OF SALVATION
God ushered Himself into our lives through the gift of His Son, Jesus Christ. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"(John 3:16).
For gifts to be enjoyed, they must be accepted and opened. So many people today still refuse God's greatest gift, His Son, Jesus Christ.
As Jesus spoke to the woman at the well, He revealed Himself to her as God's gift to mankind, God's living water for man. "Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water"(John 4:10).
Just as Mary and Joseph found no room in the inn, so many people have no room for Christ in their lives and refuse to accept and open God's greatest gift to mankind.
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord"(Romans 6:23).
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast"(Ephesians 2:8-9).
For those who do accept God's gift of grace through Christ, they immediately experience the joy of their salvation and the peace of being in fellowship with God.
THE GIFT OF HIS HOLY SPIRIT
By accepting God's gift of salvation through Jesus, we begin to receive so many more gifts as well.
We receive the gift of His Holy Spirit. "Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit"(Acts 2:38).
Through the gift of the Holy Spirit, Christ continues to reveal more of Himself to us, growing us into greater truth. "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth"(John 16:12-13).
GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT
As we accept Christ as our Savior and receive His Spirit, we are then endowed with Spiritual gifts from God. Spiritual gifts are given by God as He determines (Romans 12:6, Hebrews 2:4). Every believer is given at least one Spiritual gift(1 Peter 4:10).
God supernaturally enables us with the ability to accomplish His will. Gifts are listed in Romans 12, 1 Corinthians 12 and Ephesians 4.
"Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good"(1 Corinthians 12:7).
TODAY'S CHALLENGE: Accept God's gifts, His gift of salvation, the gift of His Spirit, and the Spiritual gifts He gives to empower us to accomplish His will.
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of Your Son, Jesus Christ, the gift of Your Spirit and Spiritual gifts. In Jesus' Mighty Name, AMEN! --Pastor David L. Burns

A Great Day Coming
1 Kings 10:6–7
Then she said to the king: "It was a true report which I heard in my own land about your words and your wisdom. However I did not believe the words until I came and saw with my own eyes; and indeed the half was not told me. Your wisdom and prosperity exceed the fame of which I heard."
Since my early school days I had read about the Grand Canyon. I knew that it ranges from 4 to 18 miles in width and more than a mile deep in places. Perhaps the most impressive part is a 56-mile-long stretch within the Grand Canyon National Park. I had even see photos showing the beautiful colors that stripe the canyon walls. Yet nothing that I read or saw in a book prepared me for the awesome experience of standing on the canyon’s edge and seeing for myself the majestic beauty of this natural wonder.
The Bible says the queen of Sheba had the same response when she met Solomon. Sheba was a land hundreds of miles away in an area now called Yemen, but this queen had heard stories about Israel’s king. The tales told her were sufficiently intriguing to propel her to make the difficult journey to see Solomon for herself. Yet when she actually stood in the presence of Israel’s king, she confessed, "The half was not told me."
The same is true for Christians. God’s Word speaks of the glorious future that awaits us, yet it also indicates that the half is still to be told. Paul says, "But as it is written: ‘Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him’" (1 Cor. 2:9).
Perhaps you’re going through a time of loss and grief right now. Maybe you’re feeling lonely and unhappy. Let me encourage you to lift up your head, turn your thoughts away from your present grief and gaze at what God has in store for you. When you stand face-to-face with Jesus, your current distresses will fade away instantly. It will be worth it all when you see Christ.
True reality is not found in today’s sorrows but in tomorrow’s joys. --Woodrow Kroll

The Star On The Christmas Tree
Luke 3:6 - And all mankind will see God's salvation. (NIV)
I would have been around eight years old as one particular Christmas was approaching. We lived in the Parkdale area of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Our old rented house on Roncesvalles Avenue was a quaint house, as I remember it, with large rooms and at least nine-foot ceilings.
It was near the end of World War II, and my three brothers were all in the armed forces. This left only me at home with my mom and dad.
We usually had snow, and plenty of it. My dad and I would go hand in hand out shopping for the Christmas tree! Ploughing up the street through the snow we would go, looking for that real neat tree, just the right one for our house.
"There it is, dad," I would say; then dad would say, "It's too big."
"No, it isn't; it's just right."
Spoiled as I was, he would give in, and together, we would drag the tree home. And yes, he was right; it was always too tall, and dad would have to trim the top off. What was left held the star that would shine out its light.
After the tree was totally decorated, on would go the lights. "Oh dad! it's beautiful!" After my mother had finished with it, straightening out every piece of tinsel, in my eyes, it was a beauty to behold.
The downside to this reflection is that I had no idea of why we placed that star on the top.
These days, I wonder just how many children, and adults for that matter, know why they place a star or an angel on the top of their Christmas tree. Many have no idea what it is that Christmas has to bring, other than the gifts we give to each other.
Matthew 2:9-10 - After [the wise men] had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen when it rose went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. (NIV)
As the years passed for me, it was a long struggle, until at last, I met Jesus at the manger. It was then that I understood why the star shines on the tree. It's to point the way for us to meet Christ at the manger and receive His gift of life: the gift above all other gifts -- our salvation stored up in the heavens just for us. And it is open for all to receive. So let's not let this Christmas go by without reflecting on that manger scene and the gift God has offered to us.
Prayer: Almighty God, we pray that this year, many will follow the star to Bethlehem and come to know Jesus, not only in that manger, but also alive by His Spirit in the world today, and waiting for each one to open Your gift. Amen. Anne Russell

Are We Missing Something? by Tom Norvell
It is 1:00 on Saturday afternoon not too long before Christmas. The kids are with their friends and will be well cared for until the evening hours. You and your spouse decide this is the perfect time to finish up your holiday shopping. "Let's go to the mall and get this done," she says gleefully. "Okay," you respond with a little less glee. Off you go.
You only live five minutes from the mall on a normal day. However, on this particular Saturday afternoon, it takes you fifteen minutes to get to where you can see the mall. Traffic is crazy. When you see the line of cars waiting to turn into the mall, it is backed up for more than two blocks. It's at this point that you have your first thought that this might not have been such a good idea to go shopping. Not wanting to appear to be lacking in Christmas cheer, you do not dare to reveal these feelings to your spouse. So, you wait.
The light changes four times before you get close to the entrance. Finally, it's your turn. You are ready to turn, except the driver in front of you sits there talking on the phone as the light turns green and then turns red again. Just as the light changes, the driver realizes what's happening and guns it, just making it through and almost being broadsided by cars coming from the other direction. Several friendly drivers honk to encourage the move.
Finally, you, along with several thousand other shoppers, reach the inner circle of the mall and you are all looking for the same parking space. You've been down every aisle near the food court and are finally working your way over to the Sears lawn and garden area. At least you can see the lawn and garden area. You see a place and are just about to pull in when your wife says, "Oooh. It's so cold. Let's look for one just a little closer." You cannot believe it, but you don't want her to know you are just a little frustrated. So, on you drive. Ah!!! After three more loops you find one. As you walk toward the mall entrance, you count and you are a whopping three spaces closer than you were earlier. But, she's thrilled at how the space "opened up just for us." So, you say nothing.
You are inside the mall, and now the real "fun" begins. People are everywhere. Lots and lots of people. Mobs of people. Busy people. Hurried people. Weary people. Stressed-out people. Children. Thousands of children. Children who are looking for Santa. Children who have seen Santa, had lots of candy, not had a nap, and are now ready to go home. Moms and Dads who stopped having fun a long time ago. These people are everywhere!
All these people are now standing in line. Lines in the stores. Lines at the coffee shop. Lines at the food court. Lines in the restroom. One line seemed to be a line you had to stand in until it was your turn to stand in the other line. Guess what? The old idea that the left line moves faster is not true. None of these lines move quickly.
Long lines. Crowded stores. Tired and fussy children. Tired and fussy parents. And the music playing over the loud speakers is a jazzed-up version of the elevator-music-style of what sounded like "I'll Be Home for Christmas."
You turn to your wife and say ... You and your wife are almost to the breaking point, when you look at her and she looks at you. She smiles at you and you smile at her. The she says the words you've longed to hear, "Let's go home!"
You successfully exit the mall, find your car, and get in the long line of cars leaving the mall -- at least that's where you hope you are going. You both sit quietly wondering what it was you just did. You turn on the radio and hear a choir softly singing, "All is calm, all is .. Sleep in heavenly peace." You turn to your wife and say, "Do you suppose we are missing something?"
You recall these words from the grand ol' story: "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests" (Luke 2:14 NIV).
You still have time to not miss the real meaning of the season.

Blessed Are They Who Find Christmas…
Blessed are they who find Christmas in the age-old story of a babe born in Bethlehem. To them a little child will always mean hope and promise to a troubled world.
Blessed are they who find Christmas in the Christmas star. Their lives may ever reflect its beauty and light.
Blessed are they who find Christmas in the joy of giving lovingly to others. They shall share the gladness and joy of the shepherds and wise men of old.
Blessed are they who find Christmas in the fragrant greens, the cheerful holly and soft flicker of candles. To them shall come bright memories of love and happiness.
Blessed are they who find Christmas in the happy music of Christmas time. They shall have a song of joy ever singing in their hearts.
Blessed are they who find Christmas in the message of the Prince of Peace. They will ever strive to help him bring peace on earth, goodwill to men. --author unknown

FIRST CORINTHIANS 13, CHRISTMAS VERSION
If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows,
Strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls,
But do not show love to my family,
I'm just another decorator.
If I slave away in the kitchen,
Baking dozens of Christmas cookies,
Preparing gourmet meals
And arranging a beautifully adorned table at mealtime,
I'm just another cook.
If I work at the soup kitchen,
Carol in the nursing home
And give all that I have to charity,
It profits me nothing.
If I trim the spruce with shimmering angels
And crocheted snowflakes,
Attend a myriad of holiday parties
And sing in the choir's cantata,
But do not focus on Christ,
I have missed the point.
Love stops the cooking to hug the child.
Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the husband.
Love is kind, though harried and tired.
Love doesn't envy another's home that has coordinated Christmas china and table linens.
Love doesn't yell at the kids to get out of the way, but is thankful they are there to be in the way.
Love doesn't give only to those who are able to give in return, but rejoices in giving to those who can't.
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails.
Video games will break, pearl necklaces will be lost, golf clubs will rust...But giving the gift of love will endure. --Author Unknown

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Let go of everything that is beyond your ability to control. There will be things that will not work out the way you desired or intended, but My ways are higher than your ways. I know the beginning from the end, and I am giving you opportunities to align yourself with My purposes for your life. Move with the flow of My Spirit to come into divine order so that My purposes will be established in, around, and through you, says the Lord. Do not be afraid. Isaiah 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.

Be one with Me, says the Lord. Let My heart become your heart and My nature become your nature. Only then will the spiritual become natural, and what you do deliberately will become instinctive. Choose to be a doer of My Word from a pure heart, and let your responses to life and circumstances come from a place of righteousness where you always choose good and resist evil. Matthew 7:24-27 "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."

You have a small window of time to make changes that will have an unusual and lasting effect on your life. Let Me move you by My Spirit into that opening, and I will give you the strength and wisdom that is necessary to accomplish that which is set before you. You won't have to force anything, for I will lead you through this transition like threading a needle, says the Lord. Isaiah 42:16 I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, and crooked places straight. These things I will do for them, and not forsake them.

The season of adjustment is upon you, but you will have to mentally and emotionally let go of things that tie you to the past before you can move forward in My purposes. If you will take this step of faith you will come into a place of liberty and fulfillment that you have not known before. Trust Me to bring you through this awkward transition with great grace, says the Lord. All you have to do is be willing and flexible. 2 Corinthians 12:9a And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I hear that word, "amazing", and I hear the Lord saying: You will be amazed in this next season. For, I am raising the ground that you walk on, which means that the opportunities that you have will be greater than the opportunities that you have had before to walk on the path of righteousness and anointing as the Spirit leads you. Those mysteries--those hidden things that have been reserved for you for such a time as this--will come to bear in your life. Destiny will be fulfilled because you follow the path of My presence. Be ready to turn to the left or turn to the right as I direct you. And, when I tell you to go straight ahead, stay on that path. For, it shall be if you stay on the path that I have prepared for you, all things will work to your benefit because you are called according to My purposes, says the Lord. These are the days in which you need to define who you are. You need to position yourself before Me with a question in your heart and desire to know what it is that I have prepared for you. These are the days of the revealing of those things in your life. Take heart this moment, this day and believe that you will receive that which I have spoken.

Jesus, God's Gift
Jesus, God's gift of love to us
Was born on Christmas Day
God's wonderful gift is the reason
We celebrate each Christmas season.
May Christmas give your spirit a lift
As you gather with love ones today
Give thanks to God for the gift of Jesus,
When you bow your head to pray.
Wishing you blessings, peace and joy
On this beautiful Christmas day
Accept God's gift into your heart to stay
All of these things for you I pray.
2005 Glenna M. Baugh

If you look for Me at Christmas,
you won't need a special star -
I'm no longer just in Bethlehem,
I'm right there where you are.
You may not be aware of Me
amid the celebrations -
You'll have to look beyond the stores
and all the decorations.
But if you take a moment
from your list of things to do
And listen to your heart, you'll find
I'm waiting there for you.
You're the one I want to be with,
you're the reason that I came,
And you'll find Me in the stillness
as I'm whispering your name.
Love, Jesus

Our King's Birthday
J-esus, Son of God Eternal,
E-verlasting Lord is He,
S-avior of a world of sinners,
U-niversal King to be,
S-ought us, bro't us victory.
C-hrist is due all adoration,
H-umbly born to save our race,
R-uler of the whole creation
I-ntercedes and gives us grace,
S-aves us from sin's condemnation,
T-ruly worthy of all praise!
Author Unknown

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

Now therefore, our God, we thank Thee, and praise Thy glorious name. 1 Chronicles 29:13

Rejoice in the Lord, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of His holiness. Psalm 97:12

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river. Jeremiah 17:8

As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." Matthew 3:16-17

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:17-18

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Thanksgiving
I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way—in all your speaking and in all your knowledge—because our testimony about Christ was confirmed in you. Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful. 1 Corinthians 1:3-8

Love
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 2 Peter 3:8-15

The Birth of Jesus Christ
This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit. Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly. But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins." All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"--which means, "God with us." When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus. Matthew 1:18-25 Also read about Jesus's birth in Luke 2:1-20

The Christmas Invitation by Ron Hutchcraft
It was the biggest night of the year in a little town called Cornwall. It was the night of the annual Christmas pageant. It's an especially big deal for the children in town -- they get to try out for the roles in the Christmas story. Everybody wants a part.
Which leads us to the problem of Harold. Harold really wanted to be in the play, too, but he was - well, he was kind of a slow and simple kid. The directors were ambivalent - I mean, they knew Harold would be crushed if he didn't have a part, but they were afraid he might mess up the town's magic moment. Finally, they decided to cast Harold as the innkeeper - the one who turns Mary and Joseph away the night Jesus is to be born. He had only one line - "I'm sorry, we have no room." Well, no one could imagine what that one line was going to do to everyone's Christmas.
The night of the pageant the church was packed, as usual. The Christmas story unfolded according to plan - angels singing, Joseph's dream, and the trip to Bethlehem. Finally, Joseph and Mary arrived at the door of the Bethlehem inn, looking appropriately tired. Joseph knocked on the inn door, and Harold was there to open the door.
Joseph asked his question on cue - "Do you have a room for the night?" Harold froze. After a long pause, Harold mumbled his line, "I'm sorry - we have no room." And, with a little coaching, he shut the door. The directors heaved a sigh of relief - prematurely. As Mary and Joseph disappeared into the night, the set suddenly started shaking again - and the door opened. Harold was back! And then, in an unrehearsed moment that folks would not soon forget, Harold went running after the young couple, shouting as loud as he could -- "Wait! Don't go Joseph. Bring Mary back! You can have MY room!"
I think little Harold may have understood the real issue of Christmas better than anyone else there that night. How can you leave Jesus outside? You have to make room for Jesus. And that may be the issue for you this Christmas. What will you do with this Son of God who came to earth to find you?
Jesus is the One who trades a throne room for a stable, and the praise of angels for human mockery. This is the Creator who gives Himself on a cross! The Bible gives us the only appropriate response: "The life I now live I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me." (Gal. 2:20) You look at what Jesus did to pay for your sin on that cross, and you say those life-changing words - "For me."
Jesus is at YOUR door this Christmas. Maybe He's been knocking for a long time. Maybe He won't keep knocking much longer. All your life - even the events of the last few months - have been to prepare you for this crossroads moment with Jesus your Savior. Don't leave Him outside any longer. Open the door this Christmas Day. "Jesus, I cannot keep You out any longer. Come on in. You can have my room... my life."

"Silent Night"
Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. Luke 2:8
The Christmas season is a noisy season. There are carolers singing in the streets and the squeals of children as they hurry to unwrap their presents. And there is wonderful Christmas music broadcast over the airwaves and played in our homes. But there is also the sound of traffic at the mall, impatient shoppers in the stores, and commercials on TV imploring us to help the economy by spending more.
On that first Christmas night in the fields outside Bethlehem, the silence was almost deafening. The occasional soft bleating of a sheep...the muted murmuring of the shepherds...perhaps a distant voice in the village. The first Christmas night was a silent night, allowing the shepherds to give full attention to the message of the angel -- the announcement of the birth of the Savior.
Be sure to set aside some quiet time this Christmas to reflect on the Savior who was born Christ, the Lord--and thank Him for bringing heavenly peace to your life. Turning Point

Gracious God, we thank you for the invitation to celebrate our Savior's birth and to receive the grace He brings. May our lives be open to the Good News so that Jesus may be born anew in us. Amen.

Dear Lord Jesus, as I prepare for Christmas this year, help me to resolve to make it Your special day. ... In the midst of all the seasonal bustle, the crowded highways and shopping malls, let me take time out to prepare my heart, as I think of Your birth on that first Christmas in Bethlehem. ... Let me re-read the story of that incredible event when heaven and earth came together to share the glory and the wonder of Your birth on that holy night, and let me read it once again with my family. Help us to make You the center and the reason for our celebration this year. In Your holy name I pray. Amen. --D. L. Hammond

Read Through The Bible
2 Chronicles 1
Solomon Requests Wisdom
1 Now Solomon the son of David was strengthened in his kingdom, and the Lord his God was with him and exalted him exceedingly. 2 And Solomon spoke to all Israel, to the captains of thousands and of hundreds, to the judges, and to every leader in all Israel, the heads of the fathers’ houses. 3 Then Solomon, and all the assembly with him, went to the high place that was at Gibeon; for the tabernacle of meeting with God was there, which Moses the servant of the Lord had made in the wilderness. 4 But David had brought up the ark of God from Kirjath Jearim to the place David had prepared for it, for he had pitched a tent for it at Jerusalem. 5 Now the bronze altar that Bezalel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, had made, he put before the tabernacle of the Lord; Solomon and the assembly sought Him there. 6 And Solomon went up there to the bronze altar before the Lord, which was at the tabernacle of meeting, and offered a thousand burnt offerings on it. 7 On that night God appeared to Solomon, and said to him, “Ask! What shall I give you?” 8 And Solomon said to God: “You have shown great mercy to David my father, and have made me king in his place. 9 Now, O Lord God, let Your promise to David my father be established, for You have made me king over a people like the dust of the earth in multitude. 10 Now give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people; for who can judge this great people of Yours?” 11 Then God said to Solomon: “Because this was in your heart, and you have not asked riches or wealth or honor or the life of your enemies, nor have you asked long life—but have asked wisdom and knowledge for yourself, that you may judge My people over whom I have made you king— 12 wisdom and knowledge are granted to you; and I will give you riches and wealth and honor, such as none of the kings have had who were before you, nor shall any after you have the like.”
Solomon’s Military and Economic Power
13 So Solomon came to Jerusalem from the high place that was at Gibeon, from before the tabernacle of meeting, and reigned over Israel. 14 And Solomon gathered chariots and horsemen; he had one thousand four hundred chariots and twelve thousand horsemen, whom he stationed in the chariot cities and with the king in Jerusalem. 15 Also the king made silver and gold as common in Jerusalem as stones, and he made cedars as abundant as the sycamores which are in the lowland. 16 And Solomon had horses imported from Egypt and Keveh; the king’s merchants bought them in Keveh at the current price. 17 They also acquired and imported from Egypt a chariot for six hundred shekels of silver, and a horse for one hundred and fifty; thus, through their agents, they exported them to all the kings of the Hittites and the kings of Syria.

Christmas Prayer by Robert Louis Stevenson
Loving Father, Help us remember the birth of Jesus, that we may share in the song of the angels, the gladness of the shepherds, and worship of the wise men. Close the door of hate and open the door of love all over the world. Let kindness come with every gift and good desires with every greeting. Deliver us from evil by the blessing which Christ brings, and teach us to be merry with clear hearts. May the Christmas morning make us happy to be Thy children, and Christmas evening bring us to our beds with grateful thoughts, forgiving and forgiven, for Jesus' sake. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply