Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 10/4

Look up and focus on the cross. Do not allow your situation to steal the joy that God has given you. Choose to allow God to fill you with his unmerited favor, unlimited grace and unending joy. ~ Melene Mendoza

Nothing hath separated us from God but our own will, or rather our own will is our separation from God. --William Law

Today I have faith and perseverance to stay on my path and to do what is necessary whether or not it gives me immediate results and gratification. I am letting go of my impatience, procrastination, fear and doubt. I trust that God knows the right time for the right results.
--Ruth Fishel

God, help me remember to be peaceful first, no matter what situation I face.
--Melody Beattie

We see promises fulfilled when we place our lives in God's hands.

"Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; hold fast; hold out. Patience is genius. ---Comte de Buffon

We bring God's light to the world.

Celebrity Status by Sally I. Kennedy
You are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 1 Peter 2:9
you are .. holy to the Lord your God. Out of all the peoples on the face of the earth, the Lord has chosen you to be his treasured possession. Deuteronomy 14:2
Everybody’s a celebrity in somebody’s eyes. The high-profile, obvious ones might be athletes, olympians, singers, or movie stars. It could be a mom or dad to a young child, or perhaps an older sibling. Maybe a student would have a teacher who filled that role, or a ball player, a coach.
Perhaps someone you don’t even know thinks of you as some sort of celebrity. Your smile might light up the day for a weary check-out person at the market, and buoy up his outlook. Or the elderly receptionist handling the front desk in the office may think of you as a celebrity-type, because each day you take an interest and ask how the family’s doing. Or maybe you are the only person in months who has thanked the hardworking person who’s cleaning the turnpike restroom, and to her you might have celebrity status.
Whether you’re aware of it or not, you’re a celebrity in God’s eyes.
He made you. (Genesis 1:26,28 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image... God blessed them)
He loves you. (John 16:27 the Father himself loves you) (Revelation 1:6 To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen)
He paid a high price to have a relationship with you. (1 Corinthians 7:23)
And, you are always on His mind (Isaiah 49 15,16 “I would not forget you! See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands.)
Enjoy your celebrity status today. Walk in it, knowing that in Somebody’s eyes, you are just that, a celebrity.
That’s good news.

Serving Others by The Vine
"even as the Son of Man came not to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many" - Matthew 20:28
The art of photography is now so perfect, that the whole side of a great newspaper can be taken in miniature so small as to be carried in a little pin or button, and yet every letter and point be perfect. So the whole life of Christ is photographed in this one little phrase, "not to be served--but to serve." He came not to be served; if this had been His aim He would never have left heaven's glory, where He wanted nothing, where angels praised Him and ministered unto Him. He came to serve. He altogether forgot himself. He served all He met who would receive His service. At last He gave His life in serving -- gave it to save others, to redeem lost souls.
You say you want to be like Christ. You pray to Him to print His own image on your heart. Here, then, is the image! It is no vague dream of perfection that we are to think of when we ask to be like Christ. The old monks thought that they were in the way to become like Christ when they went into the wilderness, away from men, to live in cold cells or on tall columns. But surely that is not the that is not the thought which this picture suggests. "To minister" -- that is the Christ-like thing. Instead of fleeing away from men, we are to live among men, to serve them, to seek to bless them, to do good, to give our lives.
The real heights in human life are the heights of self-forgetfulness and service. We are to use all our redeemed powers in doing good to others in Christ's name. That is what Christ did with his blessed life, and we are to follow in his steps.

WATCH AND YOU'LL SEE!! by Alan Smith
The story is told about three accountants who doubted their three engineer friends. They were traveling by train to a conference. The accountants bought three tickets, but the engineers only bought one. "How are three people going to travel on only one ticket?" an accountant asked.
"Watch and you'll see," said an engineer.
They all boarded the train. The accountants took their seats, but the three engineers crammed into a restroom and closed the door behind them. The train departed the station and soon the conductor came through the car asking for tickets. He knocked on the restroom door and said, "Ticket, please." The door opened a crack and a single arm emerges with a ticket in hand. The conductor took it and moved on.
The accountants agreed that this is a rather clever idea so after the conference, they decided to duplicate the engineers' feat. They bought only one ticket, but were astonished when the engineers bought no ticket at all! "How are you going to travel without a ticket?" the accountants asked. "Watch and you'll see," replied the engineers.
When they boarded the train, the accountants crammed into a restroom with their ticket while the three engineers did the same in a nearby restroom. After the train departed the station, one of the engineers left the restroom and walked over to the restroom where the accountants were hiding. He knocked on the door and said, "Ticket, please."
Watch and you'll see.
I wonder how many times those words have been spoken by our Lord throughout the centuries. I imagine there were many questions that were asked by the angels in heaven that received those words as a response. "God, how are you going to deliver the Israelites from the hands of the powerful Egyptians?" "Watch and you'll see." "What is your plan to bring about man's salvation?" "Watch and you'll see." "Your Son, Jesus, has been born a helpless baby in a poor, powerless family. How can he possibly make a difference in this world?" "Watch and you'll see."
And I'm sure Jesus must have spoken those words countless times to his apostles. "Lord, this man has leprosy. That one is a paralytic. What can possibly be done to help them?" "Watch and you'll see." "Jesus, this woman's son has already died. Surely there is nothing you can do." "Watch and you'll see." "Jesus, if you're crucified, how can you possibly save the world?" "Watch and you'll see."
In fact, I suspect those same words have been spoken to you and to me at difficult times in our lives that we questioned God. "God, how can I go on living without someone I love so dearly by my side?" "Watch and you'll see." "How can I cope in the midst of all this physical or emotional pain?" "Watch and you'll see." "God, this addiction has a hold on me and I don't see any way that I'll ever have the strength to conquer it." "Watch and you'll see."
"He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps. He has put a new song in my mouth -- praise to our God; many will see it and fear, and will trust in the LORD. Blessed is that man who makes the LORD his trust..." (Psalm 42:1-3)
Watch and you'll see!

"Sharing the Bounty" By Bob Perks
"I'd like a half dozen," I told the man.
"Excellent!" he said and then proceeded to count them as he placed them in the bag.
"One, two, three, four, five, six, six and I never really liked this one," he said as he filled the bag with corn.
I smiled, as he handed them to me and said, "That'll be $2.50."
I gave him three and said, "Keep the change."
A very small gesture on my part.
He said, "You don't have to do that."
I replied, "Neither do you, my friend."
I wasn't surprised. You see he's been doing it for years.
I was at the farmers market on public square. It covers the entire square every Thursday until they run out of produce late in the fall.
I love going there or anywhere the local farmers sell their goods. I always believe that in order for my local community to be stronger, I must make every effort to buy locally. That means I go to the small hardware store just down the road or the small food store owned by local people.
Many of the large grocery store chains sell produce that not only comes from other states, but other countries.
Not that I haven't purchased it, but when in season I try to buy locally.
That man is one of the reasons.
Now a few of the skeptics or should I say critics would suggest that I go to that man because he gives me extra.
The idea of him sharing his bounty is diminished a bit because people take advantage of his generosity.
That may be true in some cases.
One might also say he isn't doing it out of the kindness of his heart, because he's "market savvy" and gets more business that way.
Those who see it either way also love to pop the balloons of dreamers and tell kids there isn't a Santa Claus.
I always tend to see the good in any act of kindness.
I love to watch others who, for the first time, discover his questionable mathematics abilities.
They are so happy and pleasantly surprised by his kindness.
They smile and thank him for what he has done. They walk away feeling like there is hope for humanity. Perhaps they in turn, do something kind for someone else that day.
This farmer shares his harvest and I in turn share my bounty with a neighbor.
You see, Marianne and I really only need two ears of corn, I buy six, he gives me eight and I in turn give six away to family or my neighbors.
It's what we are called to do.
Leviticus 19:9-10 9 "'When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. 10 Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the foreigner. I am the LORD your God."
There are many farmers there but no one else does this. It does not make them wrong or ungodly. I don't know in what other ways they share their bounty. They could tithe a portion of their income or they might give to area food banks. Judging them without full knowledge of how they give back, would be wrong.
But don't we do that everyday? Don't we get caught up in judging others without knowing the full story?
Luke 6:37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
Both of these principles appear in every major religion and yet, many of us ignore the truth.
Today I am asking you to look at all you have and find a way to share that bounty with someone.
If you have extra food give a portion to those who do not.
If you have a talent, a craft, a gift of bringing joy to others, do so today.
"But I have so little!" you might say.
In the little we have is a bounty so big in the eyes of those who have nothing at all.

Roots by Sally I. Kennedy
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. Colossians 2:6-7
The roots on our "eyeball tree", as my granddaughter used to call the elephant ear philodendron plant in our garden, continually produces strong fibrous shoots. They are thin and flexible, so when they get long enough to reach down into the decking, I wrap them around the trunk to prevent their rooting in the earth underneath the wood deck.
Aren't we like those roots? Springing up and reaching out, waving in the breeze, always turning toward the sun. Isn't God always there, gently turning us downward so our roots can be firmly and deeply in Him? He is continuously and gently doing this, even though it is barely noticeable.
It's necessary, though, in order to steady the large, heavy top growth of the plant - the visible part. Then when the storms come, we will not topple, but stand firm, rooted deeply in Him.
Thank you, Lord, for faithfully taking care of rooting us, even though we are not always aware of it.

Getting it Just Right by Sally I. Kennedy
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6
My husband enjoys relaxing in the living room once in awhile and listening to me play the piano. Amateur though it is, I try to get it just right. He is gracious, and tells me how much he likes it.
Several years ago for his birthday, I planned to surprise him with a tape of me playing his favorite songs. Was that ever a project! Taping, re-taping, and patching it into my hand-held recorder was more than tedious. Still, I wanted to get it just right. My piano playing is riddled with mistakes, yet to my husband it sounds wonderful. He doesn't notice the errors. He simply enjoys the music.
How often we want to do everything just right for our heavenly father. We want to please him, be as good and nice as possible, make him proud of us. Because we are human, we can never be perfect and do everything just right. However, what is so cool is that, in God's eyes, we are perfect. He loves us just as we are, and sees us as we will be.
What a relief we don't have to get everything just right for Him. God has already gotten everything just right for us. When we believe in Jesus, His sacrifice for us and how it is the bridge to reconciling us with the Father, it all falls into place. Perfectly.
That is good news.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
You are in a time of revelation for the purpose of bringing everything into the light and leaving nothing hidden in darkness. This will be experienced on every level, but it will begin with your own soul as you have opportunities to do an internal work that creates a cleansing, empowering flow within. Release yourself completely to this work; it will be of great benefit to you and those around you, says the Lord. Mark 4:22 "For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light."

Beloved, stay on track. Don't let anything derail you from your focus on things that really matter--things of eternal value and importance. The enemy will do all he can to cause confusion, condemnation, and distraction. It is up to you to resist the attacks of the enemy, keep your thoughts under the rule of My Spirit and to control your emotional impulses and responses. Then, trust Me to give you wisdom and direction in all things, says the Lord. I am for you! Psalms 119:133 Direct my steps by Your word, and let no iniquity have dominion over me.

In a vision I saw people sitting on a very long fence that reminded me of how blackbirds sit on a power line. Being on the fence represents trying to be in the world and in the kingdom of God, but not actually living in either place. And, I heard the Lord say: Now is the time to make solid and sound decisions about your dedication and commitment to Me. The times you live in will require you to make a serious and lasting choice. 2 Timothy 3:1-5 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

In a vision I saw an ancient scribe seated at a table with quill in hand. There was a light shining through the only window in the room. He was focused and wholly given to the task at hand as he was very careful to write only what the LORD was giving him. It was a word of encouragement from God to His people to not give up, but to stand fast in truth, power and anointing, and to live in Christ continually. And, I heard the Lord say, "I am doing a deep and profound inner work in My people that will produce purity of heart and life in the Spirit." Psalm 24:3-4 Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, nor sworn deceitfully.

Let the dust settle after the flurry of recent developments. Take time to breathe and gain new perspective of where you are and where you're headed. Be calm and maintain spiritual strength, never forgetting that I am the sustainer of your strength. Be bold and courageous and bide your time in faith, says the Lord, for I am with you at all times. Psalms 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
The Lord would have me ask you, what is it that you see right now? Do you see the glory of the kingdom? Have you seen this change in the atmosphere that you live in? Do you see and understand that I have something for you that is of great importance in this time? Do you see that I am bringing My church to a place of glory and I am washing her with My word? I am pouring out the living waters upon her. It is My desire to bring you, My people, ever higher and cause you to be such as has not been seen before. For, these things are written about My church as they live in the end of the age. So, now it is time for Me to do that final work. Will you perceive it? Will you see it? Will you understand it? Or, will you, once again, just let it flow by? Will you miss the opportunities or will you take advantage of them? The choice is yours. But, I say, arise this very day with a new understanding of the times and the seasons you live in and begin to perceive My presence, My works, and My signs. Says the Lord, Most Holy.

Worship by Nancy Burr
I’ll worship You all the days of my life,
When I feel joy or when I face strife.
Not a day will go by when I don’t praise Your name,
Each hour I live Your name I’ll exclaim.
I’ll worship in the morning and all through the day.
Whatever I do and by what I say.
I’ll worship in song for You saved my soul,
I’ll worship You everywhere that I go.
I’ll give you the honour that you so deserve,
I’ll bow down to You cause it’s You that I serve.
It’s You that I live for, my Father above,
And for You my heart's overflowing with love.
You want me to give You the glory and praise,
You want me to follow You each of my days.
So Lord I’m all Yours, each moment I live,
All that I am Lord to You I do give.
I’ll worship You Lord each of my days through,
I’ll worship forever cause Lord I love You!

Give You My Best by Nancy Burr
I want to give You the best part of my day,
I want to please You by the things that I say.
I want to be faithful, I give You my all,
And up to You Lord each day I will call.
I feel so blessed to call You my King,
And all day long heart wants to sing.
I want to shout praises for You saved my soul,
I want the whole world to know You made me whole.
Lord I have problems, some big and some small,
But Lord I have faith and I give You them all.
I know You’ll take care of them in Your own way,
And I know that You'll help me get through each day.
Lord in the morning I’ll lift up Your name,
And in the evening I’ll praise You the same.
And on those times when I’m feeling weak,
I’ll call on You more and Your face I will seek.
Sometimes temptations and the world’s view,
Will try to turn me from my faith in You.
But Lord I just want to give You my best,
And hear You say “Good job, your faith passed the test“.
When I stand in judgement before You one day,
I pray that a smile I’ll bring Your way.
I pray You’ll be pleased with how I honoured You,
How I trusted You each of my days through.
I want to give You the best part of my days,
Each day I will give You all of my praise.
You O Lord are the reason I live,
And all of my life to You I do give.

He who is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will reward him for what he has done.
Proverbs 19:17

But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. 2 Peter 3:13

If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. James 1:26

Every word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him.
Proverbs 30:5

For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it. Luke 9:24

“And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” Colossians 3:17

I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to
be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4

"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusteth in him." Psalm 34:8

But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.
Psalm 1-2

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Psalm 3:5-6

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground. Psalm 143:10

THE SOUND YOUR SOUL NEEDS TO HEAR by Dr. James C. Denison
Three years ago more than fifty believers from Park Cities Baptist Church and other congregations gathered for a "silent retreat." A silent retreat is very simply a time set aside to listen to God.
From 9:00 in the morning until 2:00 in the afternoon, we kept silent before God. We considered the Scriptures, meditated, and sat still before God. In this discipline, we obeyed the clear mandate of Scripture: "the Lord is in his holy temple; let all the earth be silent before him" (Habakkuk 2:20); "Be silent before the Sovereign Lord, for the day of the Lord is near" (Zephaniah 1:7); "Be still before the Lord, all mankind, because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling" (Zechariah 2:13); there is "a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak" (Ecclesiastes 3:7).
To spend an hour or a day in silence before the Father, begin by confessing your need of His presence and mercy. Ask His Spirit to cleanse you from anything which would keep you from listening to His voice. Perhaps this prayer, given to us at the retreat, will help you as it helped me: "Most merciful God, I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself. I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. Have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in Your will, and walk in Your ways, to the glory of Your Holy Name. In Jesus name, Amen."
Why not make some time today to allow the Spirit to cleanse your soul before the Father? Pray these words in sincerity to Him. Claim His mercy and His grace. Ask His Spirit to speak to your soul. And He will.

Father, help us to seek righteousness and within that, righteous thinking. Guide us in Your truth and let us not be guided by our selfishness. --The Voice

Read Through The Bible
1 Chronicles 19
The Ammonites and Syrians Defeated
1 It happened after this that Nahash the king of the people of Ammon died, and his son reigned in his place. 2 Then David said, “I will show kindness to Hanun the son of Nahash, because his father showed kindness to me.” So David sent messengers to comfort him concerning his father. And David’s servants came to Hanun in the land of the people of Ammon to comfort him. 3 And the princes of the people of Ammon said to Hanun, “Do you think that David really honors your father because he has sent comforters to you? Did his servants not come to you to search and to overthrow and to spy out the land?” 4 Therefore Hanun took David’s servants, shaved them, and cut off their garments in the middle, at their buttocks, and sent them away. 5 Then some went and told David about the men; and he sent to meet them, because the men were greatly ashamed. And the king said, “Wait at Jericho until your beards have grown, and then return.” 6 When the people of Ammon saw that they had made themselves repulsive to David, Hanun and the people of Ammon sent a thousand talents of silver to hire for themselves chariots and horsemen from Mesopotamia, from Syrian Maacah, and from Zobah. 7 So they hired for themselves thirty-two thousand chariots, with the king of Maacah and his people, who came and encamped before Medeba. Also the people of Ammon gathered together from their cities, and came to battle. 8 Now when David heard of it, he sent Joab and all the army of the mighty men. 9 Then the people of Ammon came out and put themselves in battle array before the gate of the city, and the kings who had come were by themselves in the field. 10 When Joab saw that the battle line was against him before and behind, he chose some of Israel’s best and put them in battle array against the Syrians. 11 And the rest of the people he put under the command of Abishai his brother, and they set themselves in battle array against the people of Ammon. 12 Then he said, “If the Syrians are too strong for me, then you shall help me; but if the people of Ammon are too strong for you, then I will help you. 13 Be of good courage, and let us be strong for our people and for the cities of our God. And may the Lord do what is good in His sight.” 14 So Joab and the people who were with him drew near for the battle against the Syrians, and they fled before him. 15 When the people of Ammon saw that the Syrians were fleeing, they also fled before Abishai his brother, and entered the city. So Joab went to Jerusalem. 16 Now when the Syrians saw that they had been defeated by Israel, they sent messengers and brought the Syrians who were beyond the River, and Shophach the commander of Hadadezer’s army went before them. 17 When it was told David, he gathered all Israel, crossed over the Jordan and came upon them, and set up in battle array against them. So when David had set up in battle array against the Syrians, they fought with him. 18 Then the Syrians fled before Israel; and David killed seven thousand charioteers and forty thousand foot soldiers of the Syrians, and killed Shophach the commander of the army. 19 And when the servants of Hadadezer saw that they were defeated by Israel, they made peace with David and became his servants. So the Syrians were not willing to help the people of Ammon anymore.

Thank you, God, for keeping your promises. In the days to come, help us to trust you more. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply