Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2016, 12:51 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - October 14

Are we shopping for what we want from God, or seeking what He wants for us?

With God’s help, we can overcome obstacles.

We can find strength by trusting God.

Let's seek God’s presence in all that we do.

In Christ, we have brothers and sisters all over the world.

We can use our God-given gifts for furthering God’s kingdom, no matter how small they may seem. God can magnify any small talent into something wonderful.

G I F T = God Is Forever There.

There's a bumper sticker that reads: "If you're not feeling God's Presence, who moved?" God exists everywhere. Whenever we feel abandoned by God, remember, it is we who have moved. God is always fully present to us when we remember to open our hearts to that Presence. --Mary Manin Morrissey

Pooling and Pouring by Sally I. Kennedy
Be still, and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
The hike way up to the Cascades was worth it. We were rewarded with a spectacular sight. Still, we weren’t above the timberline. ‘Older than dirt’ towering pines and spruces dotted the landscape. A little ways beyond, a symphony of rushing waters beckoned us.
The Cascades water flowed down so dramatically. It pooled, poured out. Pooled, poured out.
We all pour out in one way or another. We give of ourselves at home, at work, in our churches, communities, everywhere we are we give or ourselves. Could be something big or could be something as seemingly insignificant as a smile.
We each have a sphere of influence whether we are aware of it or not. God plants us precisely where He wants us, for our good and for the greater good of others. He always intends to bless us and at the same time there is always a bigger picture.
Just as in the natural, where the waterfall pooled and poured out, so do we need to ‘pool’ in order to pour out. We can run on our steam for awhile and then – we need time alone with God to refill.
We can’t run on empty, although I have to admit I get caught up in things and then find that I am actually trying to do that very thing. It just doesn’t work. We are designed for pooling and pouring, then pooling and then pouring. ‘
Thank you, Lord, that when we are ‘still’ with you, we are refilled and renewed for pouring again.

The Complaining Stops Here by Tom
The Jesus Calling entry for October 9 hit me right between the eyes. I told the Lord that in my own prayer journal entry. The reason it hit so hard is that it was not only the words from Sarah Young, or the words she included in her writing from the Lord, but these have been my words.
I have spoken them. I have taught them. I have preached them. I have counseled with them. I have written about them. As I read them again in this setting and in the context of my circumstances the power of the words penetrated in my heart like never before.
What are the words? They are found in Philippians 2:14-15, “Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe.”
Earlier in the day’s thoughts Young had written: “You have been on a long, uphill journey, and your energy is almost spent.” And I said, “Yes, I have and my energy is almost spent.”
Then, I read further, “Though you have faltered at times, you have not let go of My hand. I am pleased with your desire to stay close to Me.” And I said, “Yes! Thank You, Lord for noticing.”
Then, I read further: “There is one thing, however, that displeases Me: your tendency to complain.” And I said nothing. I could not believe what I was reading. I was stunned. I was frozen in the silence of the morning and by the convicting nature of these words. Eventually I said, “You are right, Lord.”
I finished the reading and at the bottom of page were the words, “Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe.”
The words of God have spoken and I have heard them, so today the complaining stops. At least that is my goal…again.
As I have “been on a long, uphill journey” and as I have spend so much of my energy, I have enjoyed a season of complaint. It has felt good. I have felt justified. Those who have listened have affirmed my justification and kindly listened to my complaints. It stops today.
How can I complain about anything when others have lost everything due to the storm that has been slowly crawling up the East Coast?
How can I complain about anything when I have enough food in our refrigerator and pantry to feed us for days?
How can I complain when I can sit in a comfortable chair where I have access to more excellent reading material and information than I can possibly ever consume?
How can I complain when I live a beautiful part of the world in a beautiful time of the year and where I am reminded multiple times every day that I am loved by people and by the Lord Almighty?
If I understand the passage I cannot “shine like a star in the universe” unless the complaining stops. The Word of God speaks. The power of the Word has penetrated my heart. The complaining needs to stop. It might as well stop with me. You can join me if you like. If you chose not to, I’ll try not to complain.

Wrestling On Our Knees by Jim Clark
"The great people of the earth today are the people who pray. I do not mean those who talk about prayer; nor those who say they believe in prayer... I mean those who take time and pray." -- S.D. Gordon
It all began fifteen years ago when our son, Aaron, contracted the flu. Standing up to his strong will, we urged him to stay in bed throughout the weekend. On Sunday morning I went to church by myself while my wife stayed home with Aaron and our daughter, Shannon. It was an uneventful morning -- until I arrived home from church.
As I walked into our front door, my wife rushed to meet me with these words: "You wouldn't believe what happened this morning. Aaron's fever shot up suddenly and he began to have a seizure." While I was enjoying worship at church, our house was filled with firemen and paramedics. It was a terrifying moment for Susan and our daughter as they witnessed this six-year old boy shake with convulsions. What a relief it was to us when the seizures stopped and the medical personnel felt it was safe to leave him.
The one incident that stands out for me that morning is when Aaron first began to have the seizure. Susan immediately turned to Shannon, who was three at the time, and said, "Start praying for your brother." This miniature prayer warrior promptly leaped up, ran to our bedroom, got on her knees and began praying for her big brother. Realizing Aaron was in danger, Shannon fervently prayed for God to heal him. She took prayer very seriously.
I want you to keep before you that vivid image as we think about wrestling from our knees. I want you picture our young daughter on her knees, pleading with God to take care of Aaron. Then imagine yourself kneeling by your bed, entering the throne room of the living God, and pleading on behalf of a person you love whose soul is endangered.
"On His Knees Before God" - Tucked away in the book of Colossians is the name of a man whom the apostle Paul held in high esteem. This man wasn't known necessarily for his great teaching. Paul didn't commend him for how he preached or for the many souls he won to Jesus Christ. His notoriety came not from how he stood before crowds and talked about the resurrected Lord, but how he knelt before the King of Kings and prayed for others.
His name was Epaphras. Paul mentions him three times. The apostle called him "a faithful servant of Christ" (Colossians 1:7) and "a fellow prisoner with Paul" (Philemon 1:23). The description of this godly man that stands out to me in bold print is that he was known simply as a man who was "always wrestling in prayer" for others (Colossians 4:12).
What about you? How would others describe you? How would they describe your prayer life? Are you wrestling in prayer for those you love? Why not start right now? Get a notepad and begin to keep track of those who need your prayers and begin praying for them every day.

Obstacles By Timothy G. Satryan
Have you ever seen the sea flee? Have you ever seen the mountains skip like rams or the hills run like lambs? That's the vivid description the psalmist gives of the Exodus of Israel from Egypt. "The sea saw it and fled; Jordan turned back. The mountains skipped like rams, the little hills like lambs.... Tremble, O earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob, who turned the rock into a pool of water, the flint into a fountain of waters" (Psalm 114:1-8)
The psalmist mentions the time God opened the Red Sea and the Israelites walked across on dry land. He talks about when the nation entered the Promised Land over the dry bed of the Jordan River. Then he refers to their experience in the wilderness, when they were thirsty and God turned the rock into a pool of water.
What are we to learn from all of these experiences? God helps us in the obstacles of life. When you turn your obstacles over to the Lord, He acts!
What will He do? Sometimes He overcomes the obstacles. God is with us in the hopeless places. How hopeless the Israelites were at the Red Sea! The enemy soldiers were behind them; the wilderness was around them; the sea was in front of them. But God opened a way to escape. Sometimes God removes the obstacles - the "hills" and the "mountains." He just makes them skip and run away like animals. Sometimes He makes the mountains a way for us to escape. In Isaiah 49:11, the Lord says "I will make each of My mountains a road, and My highways shall be elevated". Sometimes He also can turn the obstacles into blessings. He "turned the rock into a pool of water, the flint into a fountain of waters" (Isaiah 49:8).
If God doesn't overcome or remove your obstacle, let Him turn it into a blessing. Trust God with your obstacles. He can help you in the hopeless places, the high places and the hard places!

We shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. --1 John 3:2
Who do you trust when you are in pain or uncertain about life?
Now, there are many people who can help us when we hurt. There are pastors, counselors, friends, and others. We need people to hold us up and give us hope.
But too often, we put our complete confidence in men and what other people tell us when there is no substitute for the truth of hope in Jesus Christ!
Have you lost sight of the fact that our greatest and only everlasting hope is from God? I want to remind you that Jesus is sufficient for your needs and mine. He provides a hiding place in the storms of life.
He is a Father to the fatherless. He is the Great Physician to those who are wounded and sick. He is the Beginning and the End to those who face uncertainty. He is the Resurrection and the Life. And He is your Eternal and Living Hope!
If your hope is in Jesus Christ, there is coming a day when all your physical pain will be no more. You and I will have a new body and a new life as Christ and we will live with Him forever. That’s the blessed hope of eternity.
No matter what you’re going through today, no matter how much you hurt, persevere. Hold onto your hope.
Turn to Jesus today. Tell Him about your struggles. by Jack Graham

TOP TEN PREDICTIONS Author Unknown
1. The Bible will still have all the answers.
2. Prayer will still work.
3. The Holy Spirit will still move.
4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.
5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.
6. There will still be singing of praise to God.
7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.
8. There will still be room at the Cross
9. Jesus will still love you.
10. Jesus will still save the lost.
God whispers in your soul and speaks to your mind. Sometimes when you don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at you. It's your choice: Listen to the whisper, or wait for the brick.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
There is a widening chasm between the righteous and unrighteous, which has changed the dynamic in personal relationships. This interruption will continue into the new season as some people that you have been in touch with in the past will just seem to fade away while others will move away. But, some of these separations will be very difficult and can even result in bitterness. You must rise up and walk in the divine flow of My Spirit. Otherwise, you will try to fill the void created by these changes apart from My will, says the Lord. Galatians 5:16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

Take heart, My beloved. Quiet your mind and emotions to be spiritually aware, and you will find the seed of hope. Position yourself in hope, for the journey before you is one that will present many opportunities to be optimistic. Even as you endure storms and darkness there will be times of inspiration. Make every effort to stay close to Me, says the Lord. 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

I had a vision of a man wearing a long coat with heavy weights attached to the hem of the garment. He was trying to climb a steep mountain, but the weight was more than he could bear causing him to be too tired to make any progress. And, I heard the Lord say, "You, My people, cannot go higher spiritually when you are held back by the issues of life, which open the door to a spirit of heaviness. Release yourselves from those burdens and your climb will be one of freedom and ease." Proverbs 4:23 Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life.

In a vision I saw a man navigating a mine field. Every step was calculated and deliberate as he searched the landscape for even the slightest or most subtle signs of danger. His senses were heightened so that nothing could escape his attention. I watched as he was able to follow the invisible path through difficult terrain. And, I heard the Lord say: Even though you are making your way through what seems to be ominous circumstances, I am with you to direct every step and bring you through to victory. Do not be afraid. Proverbs 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

One day at a time, one step at a time--this is the way you proceed. The path is before you to ascend. Come up. Come higher spiritually. Seek My face continually. Listen for My voice intently. I will show you the way, says the Lord. Refuse the temptation to stay in old places of complacency and comfort. Rise up and be on your way. Matthew 7:14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
The Lord wants you to come into His presence and into His strength. The revelation of His nature has been given to you prophetically so that you can be more than you have ever thought you could be. You can rise up into a spiritual climate, a spiritual habitation and place of victory in your life. It is God's desire for you be victorious in all things. So, come. Come in His presence. Come with joy. Come with expectation. Come and be all you can be in this season and He will do the rest.

I will lead you in the paths of righteousness. The ancient paths will lead to the top of the mountain where Zion is established; where the hills are pouring forth the goodness of My presence. And, out of that goodness My provision will come, My healing will come and My presence will come. For, you are living in a time where the glory of the kingdom is to be made manifest. And, in this glory of My kingdom you shall be forever changed. For, it is written that you will be changed from glory to glory into the image of the Son of God. And, no matter what the price is that you pay, whether it is affliction, sickness, or heartache, no matter what it is at the end of the journey you will be able to say, it was well worth it. It was well worth walking in the Spirit of God. It was well worth standing in faith, contending for the faith and rising up to be one with your Maker. You will say, "It was well worth it", and I will say to you, “Well done My good and faithful servant.”

Living Example by Tammy Boyle 10/10/02
It is great to share and talk of God's love
To talk of His miracles
But the greatest testimony to all God's children
Is being a living example of God's love, God's power
God's miracles
Walking the walk everyday
God's light shining about and through
each and every one of us
Do not be ashamed or afraid
To let your light shine
This is pleasing to God
And the greatest example
When we live each day
growing in God's image
Loving each other as He and His son, Jesus loves us
No matter what happens in life
God is our forever shelter from the evil of this world
Stand straight and tall with your head held high
For God is with each and every one of us
God always provides us, His children, with what we need
Praise God, Worship God
Everyday
Give thanks for His merciful Grace
For it is God's loving grace
That we are given eternal life
Keep in mind everyday
what awaits us when we leave this world
No more pain, no more tears
No more sadness, sickness or fears
Only love, peace and glory
Living with God and Jesus, our savior
Forever and ever more
Starting with today

I REFUSE TO BE DISCOURAGED Author Unknown
I refuse to be discouraged, To be sad, or to cry;
I refuse to be downhearted, And here's the reason why...
I have a God who's mighty, Who's sovereign and supreme;
I have a God who loves me, and I am on His team.
He is all wise and powerful, Jesus is His name;
Though everything is changeable, my God remains the same.
My God knows all that's happening; beginning to the end,
His presence is my comfort, He is my dearest friend.
When sickness comes to weaken me, to bring my head down low,
I call upon my mighty God; Into His arms I go.
When circumstances threaten to rob me from my peace;
He draws me close unto His breast, Where all my strivings cease.
And when my heart melts within me, and weakness takes control;
He gathers me into His arms, He soothes my heart and soul.
The great "I AM" is with me, my life is in His hand,
The "Son of the Lord" is my hope, it's in His strength I stand.
I refuse to be defeated, my eyes are on my God;
He has promised to be with me, as through this life I trod.
I'm looking past all my circumstances, o Heaven's throne above;
My prayers have reached the heart of God, I'm resting in His love.
I give God thanks in everything, my eyes are on His face;
The battle's His, the victory is mine; He'll help me win the race.

Psalm 62:8 – Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

The LORD says, “I will not forget you. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of my hands.” Isaiah 49:15-16

Happy are those who keep his decrees, who seek him with their whole heart. - Psalm 119:2

Let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven. - Matthew 5:16

The LORD, your God, is in your midst, a warrior who gives victory; he will rejoice over you with gladness, he will renew you in his love; he will exult over you with loud singing. - Zephaniah 3:17

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. - Proverbs 3:5-6

Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. - Psalm 42:5

In Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. - Romans 12:5

Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other. --Isaiah 45:22
It doesn’t matter who you are, what you’ve done, or where you’ve been, no one is too far gone for Jesus.
I think that statement’s important enough that it’s worth repeating: No one is too far gone for Jesus. No one! And there’s no better evidence of this than the woman that Jesus met at the well.
When Jesus meets this woman she has been used and abused. She has been divorced five times and was living with her boyfriend. She was a mess! At least, she was a mess to the people around her. Even so, Christ reached out to her with the living water of eternal life. And her life was transformed instantly and eternally!
This woman…a woman who had been ravaged by regrets and failures and brokenness…this wasted, burned out woman…was made brand new because of the power of Jesus Christ which began to change her! She wasn’t too far gone for the Lord Jesus!
And the application in your life and my life is clear. No one around us…no matter how wasted, burned out, or strung out they may seem…is too far gone for Jesus Christ.
And you know what else? Neither are you!
In John 4:13, Jesus says, “Whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty forever. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
Jesus says whoever drinks of the water that He gives will have eternal life! Like I said before, it doesn’t matter who you are, what you’ve done, or where you’ve been. None of us is ever too far gone for Jesus Christ.
It’s my prayer that no matter what your past may hold, you will turn to God today!
No one on this Earth is too far gone for Jesus. by Jack Graham

Prayers for Spiritual Growth by Joyce Meyer
Do you want to grow, but don't know how? The solution is simple: Learn the Word.
Ephesians 3:16 Strengthen me in the inner man.
Ephesians 3:17 That I may be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love.
Ephesians 3:18 Let me grasp God’s love – the breadth and length and height and depth of it.
Ephesians 3:19 That I might be filled through all my being with the fullness of God.
Ephesians 3:19 That I might become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself.
Philippians 3:10 That I may “know” Him and the power of His resurrection.
Ephesians 1:17 That He might grant me a spirit of wisdom and revelation.
Ephesians 1:18 That the eyes of my heart be flooded with light.
Ephesians 1:19 That I might know the greatness of His power in me.
Philippians 1:10 That I may learn to sense what is vital and of real value.
Philippians 1:11 That I may abound and be filled with the fruits of righteousness.
John 17:12 That He will keep and protect me from the evil one.
Colossians 1:9 That I may know God’s will.
Colossians 1:11-12 That I may be strengthened with all power, [to exercise] every kind of endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 36
1 The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes. 2 For he flattereth himself in his own eyes, until his iniquity be found to be hateful. 3 The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit: he hath left off to be wise, and to do good. 4 He deviseth mischief upon his bed; he setteth himself in a way that is not good; he abhorreth not evil. 5 Thy mercy, O Lord, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds. 6 Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; thy judgments are a great deep: O Lord, thou preservest man and beast. 7 How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. 8 They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures. 9 For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light. 10 O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness to the upright in heart. 11 Let not the foot of pride come against me, and let not the hand of the wicked remove me. 12 There are the workers of iniquity fallen: they are cast down, and shall not be able to rise.

Dear Lord, Thank you for your faithfulness. When we struggle, help us to see that you are still at work in our lives. We thank you for your loving heart. We want to love you in return by living according to your will. In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply