Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2017, 07:53 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - October 6

God is stronger than our circumstances.

Even in our darkest times, God's light still shines.

Though our feelings come and go, God's love for us does not. – C.S. Lewis

"There is only One Being who can satisfy the last aching abyss of the human heart, and that is the Lord Jesus Christ." - Oswald Chambers

Life may be tough, but we've got a God Who is tougher.

Through the power of Christ, we can have new life.

We can trust God’s promises.

No matter what we face today, God offers hope for a better tomorrow.

Tragedy Into Blessing Author Unknown
Years ago in Scotland, the Clark family had a dream. Clark and his wife worked and saved, making plans for their nine children and themselves to travel to the United States. It had taken years, but they had finally saved enough money and had gotten passports and reservations for the whole family on a new liner to the United States.
The entire family was filled with anticipation and excitement about their new life. However, seven days before their departure, the youngest son was bitten by a dog. The doctor sewed up the boy but hung a yellow sheet on the Clarks' front door. Because of the possibility of rabies, they were being quarantined for fourteen days.
The family's dreams were dashed. They would not be able to make the trip to America as they had planned. The father, filled with disappointment and anger, stomped to the dock to watch the ship leave - without the Clark family. The father shed tears of disappointment and cursed both his son and God for their misfortune.
Five days later, the tragic news spread throughout Scotland - the mighty Titanic had sunk. The unsinkable ship had sunk, taking hundreds of lives with it. The Clark family was to have been on that ship, but because the son had been bitten by a dog, they were left behind in Scotland.
When Mr. Clark heard the news, he hugged his son and thanked him for saving the family. He thanked God for saving their lives and turning what he had felt was a tragedy into a blessing.
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Who Moved? Author Unknown
I am reminded of a story my pastor once told about a newlywed couple.
When they rode together in the car, the wife would sit so close to her husband that it looked like there was a two-headed driver in the seat.
Now, twenty five years later, when they go out in the car, the wife sits way over on the other side.
One day she looked over longingly at her husband and said with a sigh, "Remember the days when we used to sit so close to each other we looked like a two-headed driver?"
The husband looked over at her and quietly said, "Well, Honey, I wasn't the one who moved."
That's how it is with God. If you're feeling far away from Him, remember - He isn't the one who has moved!
"Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up." (James 4:8-10 NIV)

PRAYER FOR GUIDANCE IN THE DAY AHEAD by Rebecca Barlow Jordan
Good morning, Lord! Today's a new day, a chance for a new start. Yesterday is gone and with it any regrets, mistakes, or failures I may have experienced. It's a good day to be glad and give thanks, and I do, Lord. Thank You for today, a new opportunity to love, give, and be all that You want me to be.
Today I want to start the day with You on my mind and in my heart. As I dress, let me wear the armor You've provided daily: the helmet of salvation, the breastplate of righteousness, the shield of faith, the belt of truth, the shoes of peace, and the sword of the spirit—with prayer on my tongue: praise for You and petitions for those around me and those I meet.
Feed me today with Your daily bread. As the Bread of Life, Your food, like manna, will sustain me throughout any trials and hungers. Help me to set my thoughts on things above and to speak only what will help and encourage others. Keep me from putting my foot in my mouth, and help me guard the affections of my heart today, Lord. Make whatever work I do be marked with excellence rather than perfectionism, as I seek not to make a name, but to make a difference. Help me to treat each person I encounter as You would, with respect and love, forgiving others and asking for forgiveness myself when needed.
As I start this day, help me remember that I belong to You, and my desire is to act accordingly. Keep my feet from stumbling and my mind from wandering into distractions that could steal precious time and energy from the most important things You have designed for me. I'm proud to be Your child, Lord. And I'm so grateful that You died for me—rising again on Your own new morning—so that every day could be filled with the wonder of Your love, the freedom of Your Spirit, and the joy of knowing You.
I know earthly life is short and fleeting, Lord. But I want to live today as if it were the first or the last day of my life, giving thanks for every good and perfect gift You choose to give. Today, and every day, I want to live my life for You, Jesus. In Your precious name, Amen.

Night Shift Author Unknown
Behold, bless ye the Lord, all ye servants of the Lord, which by night stand in the house of the Lord. Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the Lord. The Lord that made heaven and earth bless thee out of Zion. (Psalm 134)
Years ago when I was attending seminary, I worked the night shift on occasion. It paid a little more money than the day shift, but I was a bit lonely. If you've ever had to work the night shift, you will appreciate Psalm 134.
God never slumbers or sleeps. Therefore, we can serve and praise Him any time of day. The psalmist says there were priests who prayed and praised God in His temple at night. There was a constant repetition of praise and prayer from the temple.
We can bless the Lord in the night seasons. It's not easy when we are going through the nighttime experiences of life to lift our hands and bless the Lord. But He does give us songs in the night. Paul and Silas were able to lift their hearts in praise to God while in the Philippian jail (Acts 16).
They were on the night shift. They knew that God was awake, so they blessed Him, and He sent deliverance. We can get some strange blessings in the night seasons, for God speaks to us in different ways. Others may not see your praise at night, but God sees and hears.
Whether you are in the sunshine or in the darkness, whether you are serving on the day shift or the night shift, remember that you are serving the Lord. Because He never slumbers or sleeps, He hears your prayer and praise at all times, and He will bless you.

Joy by Scott Williams
Ecclesiastes 9:7 – Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for God has already approved what you do. (NIV 2011)
Shortly after seven o'clock each morning, I take our dogs for a walk. One day this past weekend, one of my sisters, who was staying the weekend, joined me. That was fun for all of us: she and I enjoyed watching our animals, and they enjoyed having an extra human along. Our dogs are always pretty happy, and all the more so in the morning when they come out of their crates and enjoy their freedom. The weather here has been very hot in recent weeks, which our dogs don't like too much, but this past weekend, the mornings were crisp and cool, just the way they love it.
Think of that morning from the dogs' perspective: another human being to play with, another morning to enjoy, beautiful cool weather … As my sister and I watched them, we both remarked how happy they were — even more so than usual! They just seemed happy to be alive!
I'm often struck by the lessons animals teach us, and that morning, the lesson was clear: to rejoice — to be happy and joyful, full of joy — at the sheer wonder of being alive. To revel in our freedom. To feel the cool air on our skin. To rejoice in the company of those around us. Everything that morning — literally everything — was a source of joy and happiness: amazing gifts we all receive from our amazing Creator!
1 Peter 1:8-9 – Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls. (NIV 2011)
Let us be thankful and joyful for all that is in our lives. As we feel that joy, let us allow that joy to reflect and magnify the joy that we have for life in Christ.
Prayer: Loving God, help us always to be joyful and thankful for all that You are, for all that You have given us, and for all that You do in our lives. In Jesus' holy and precious name, we pray. Amen.

The Rolls Royce Author Unknown
The great British automaker Rolls Royce takes great pride in the reliability of their handcrafted automobiles. An obviously wealthy owner of a Rolls took it to Europe on an extended trip. While traveling in France the car had some mechanical problem. He called the Rolls Royce factory and asked that they send out a mechanic immediately to fix the problem.
The company responded in royal fashion. They put a mechanic on a private jet with all of the necessary tools and flew him over to France to make the repairs. The owner was so wealthy that he wasn't at all concerned about the cost, and he would not spare any expense to assure that his beloved Rolls Royce was properly repaired.
However, after several months he realized he had not received a bill for the repair. He directed his secretary to contact the Rolls Royce factory to inquire about the charges. He received a prompt reply from the Rolls Royce company. With typical British aplomb, it said simply, "We have no recollection or record of any Rolls Royce having ever had a breakdown or being in need of repair anywhere in France."
When we repent and ask God to fix things that have resulted from sin in our lives, like Rolls Royce, he fixes it and doesn't have any recollection of the problem, and he NEVER sends a bill.
"For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more." Jeremiah 31:34

Thank God for Little Things by Helen Steiner Rice
Thank You, God, for little things
that often come our way--
The things we take for granted
but don't mention when we pray--
The unexpected courtesy,
the thoughtful, kindly deed--
A hand reached out to help us
in the time of sudden need--
Oh, make use more aware, dear God,
of little daily graces
That come to us with "sweet surprise"
from never-dreamed-of places.

I HAVE A FRIEND NAMED JESUS Author Unknown
I have a friend named Jesus.
There’s no other friend like He.
Gave His life to set me free.
A perfect, sinless man.
For me He has a plan.
On Him I can rely.
All my needs He will supply.

Lamentations 5:21 – Restore us to yourself, O Lord, that we may return; renew our days as of old.

Psalm 79:9 – Help us, O God our Savior, for the glory of your name; deliver us and forgive our sins for your name's sake.

Isaiah 30:15 For thus saith the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength

In you, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Psalm 31:1–2

Jesus said, “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” — John 16:33

The LORD your God . . . goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. — Deuteronomy 31:6

Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. James 1:12

Those who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. — Isaiah 40:31

O LORD, be gracious to us; we wait for you. Be our arm every morning, our salvation in the time of trouble. — Isaiah 33:2

Jeremiah 29:11-13 – For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

Psalm 5:11 – But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

Weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. — Psalm 30:5
Jesus Weeps Over Our Sorrows by O.S. Hawkins, author of The Joshua Code
Jesus wept. — John 11:35
We now come to the shortest verse in all the Bible. Without question, it is the easiest to memorize. It contains only two words, three syllables. However, these two words offer incredible insight into the heart of our Lord.
In the small village of Bethany, we find Jesus weeping at the grave of Lazarus (John 11:35). One can’t help but wonder if Jesus is weeping today. Tears have a language all their own. The tears of our Lord speak volumes to us in this dispensation of grace.
With poignant brevity, John simply states, “Jesus wept.” He did not weep because Lazarus was dead. He knew that in a moment He could restore life to him—and those who know the Bible know this is exactly what He did! Jesus wept when He saw Lazarus’s sisters crying.
Tears touch the heart of our God. Mary’s heart was broken. Her brother was dead, and it seemed Jesus had arrived too late. She held no hope. She was hurting. She was weeping with deep sobs and wails. She was pouring out her soul to the Lord. When Jesus saw her, He wept with her. This great God is touched by our own hurts and broken hearts.
Tears speak much louder than words. They need no interpreter. The psalmist says that God keeps our tears in a bottle (Psalm 56:8). If you need God’s attention, try tears.
It is okay to cry.
The last time tears are mentioned in the Bible is in Revelation 21:4. It reveals a beautiful scene in heaven: “God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.” This is our hope. He is preserving all our tears in a bottle, and one day He will wipe them all away. King David said it best: “For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning” (Psalm 30:5).
Meditate on the fact that we have a Lord who is not far off and removed. He is very near. He is the One who is touched by our broken hearts and weeps with us.
Your Turn: Recently, a gunman in Las Vegas ended the lives of more than 50 people. At least 500 were wounded. Puerto Rico. Mexico. Houston. Florida. Hurricanes. Earthquakes. Wildfires. Horrific attacks. Families lost. Homes lost. We grieve. We weep. Maybe we asked, "Where were you, God?" But, He is near. Right here. And He weeps with us.
Thank You, Jesus, that Your heart breaks with ours when disaster strikes. Thank You that You are with us in the storm (Matthew 14:22-32). Lord, our hearts are broken for those affected by the recent tragedies. Thank You for the rescuers and volunteers who have come to the aid to save and rescue lives. May Your Presence be palpable to each hurting person today.

Dear God, Help us to listen to you and your call to serve in your kingdom. Give us courage and strength to complete these tasks for your glory. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 79
1 O god, the heathen are come into thine inheritance; thy holy temple have they defiled; they have laid Jerusalem on heaps. 2 The dead bodies of thy servants have they given to be meat unto the fowls of the heaven, the flesh of thy saints unto the beasts of the earth. 3 Their blood have they shed like water round about Jerusalem; and there was none to bury them. 4 We are become a reproach to our neighbours, a scorn and derision to them that are round about us. 5 How long, Lord? wilt thou be angry for ever? shall thy jealousy burn like fire? 6 Pour out thy wrath upon the heathen that have not known thee, and upon the kingdoms that have not called upon thy name. 7 For they have devoured Jacob, and laid waste his dwelling place. 8 O remember not against us former iniquities: let thy tender mercies speedily prevent us: for we are brought very low. 9 Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name: and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for thy name's sake. 10 Wherefore should the heathen say, Where is their God? let him be known among the heathen in our sight by the revenging of the blood of thy servants which is shed. 11 Let the sighing of the prisoner come before thee; according to the greatness of thy power preserve thou those that are appointed to die; 12 And render unto our neighbours sevenfold into their bosom their reproach, wherewith they have reproached thee, O Lord. 13 So we thy people and sheep of thy pasture will give thee thanks for ever: we will shew forth thy praise to all generations.

Creator and Sustainer of all life, help us to grow in the image of Christ so that we can be a blessing for those around us. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply