Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2013, 05:58 AM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

You used to be good at being bad. Now you're going to get good a being good.
Still guilty of saying, "Since when have you known me to do what is always good for me?" When I hear myself saying that, I know it is time to pray and ask for an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Time for Joy - Book - Quote

Today I will stop and ask, 'How important is it?'
Some how I often see this differently than others. They can pooh who something away and say it isn't important, but when it comes to my sobriety, it is important. I need to address my attitude, my clarity of mind and purpose, my motive and intent, and when this "It" is intruding in my life, is it for good or bad, or is it just there and a part of my journey. Does it even concern me or is there a lesson to be learned. There is so much that we can discount in our life as not important, but whose idea is that, my idea, my disease or my God's concept.

This is where the saying ``Identify not compare`` comes into being. What is good for you and what is good for the whole. It isn`t about being selfish and self centered, but do we want to rock the boat, tip the scales, stir things up, make things a little off balance, put our two cents in, or do a just because because I can, give a little hint, give them a little push in the direction you think they should go, forgetting it is between them and their God and you aren`t it. Live and let live, live your own life and allow others to live theirs.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply