Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2014, 08:25 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 11/28

To be grateful is to recognize the love of God in everything He has given us--and He has given us everything. Every breath we draw is a gift of His love, every moment of existence is a grace, for it brings with it immense graces from Him. Thomas Merton

Our knowledge of God is perfected by gratiitude: we are thankful and rejoice in the experience of the truth that He is love . Thomas Merton

"True thanksgiving means that we need to thank God for what He has done for us, and not to tell Him what we have done for Him." George R. Hendrick

"As we pause to thank Him for the blessings of the past year, we must not forget to thank Him for the lessons we have learned through our difficult times. We are not to be thankful for just the pleasant, easy things, but ALL things." Millie Stamm

"O Lord, who lends me life, lend me a heart replete with thankfulness." Shakespeare

"Thank you, dear God
For all You have given me,
For all You have taken away from me,
For all You have left me." Author Unknown

Thou hast given so much to me,
Give one thing more, - a grateful heart;
Not thankful when it pleaseth me,
As if Thy blessings had spare days,
But such a heart whose pulse may be Thy praise. George Herbert

A THANKSGIVING STORY By Andrea Nannette Mejia
It was the day before Thanksgiving - the first one my three children and I would be spending without their father, who had left several months before. Now the two older children were very sick with the flu, and the eldest had just been prescribed bed rest for a week.
It was a cool, gray day outside, and a light rain was falling. I grew wearier as I scurried around, trying to care for each child: thermometers, juice, diapers. And I was fast running out of liquids for the children. But when I checked my purse, all I found was about $2.50 - and this was supposed to last me until the end of the month. That's when I heard the phone ring.
It was the secretary from our former church, and she told me that they had been thinking about us and had something to give us from the congregation. I told her that I was going out to pick up some more juice and soup for the children, and I would drop by the church on my way to the market.
I arrived at the church just before lunch. The church secretary met me at the door and handed me a special gift envelope. "We think of you and the kids often," she said, "and you are in our hearts and prayers. We love you." When I opened the envelope, I found two grocery certificates inside. Each was worth $20. I was so touched and moved, I broke down and cried.
"Thank you very much," I said, as we hugged each other. "Please give our love and thanks to the church." Then I drove to a store near our home and purchased some much-needed items for the children.
At the check-out counter I had a little over $14.00 worth of groceries, and I handed the cashier one of the gift certificates. She took it, then turned her back for what seemed like a very long time. I thought something might be wrong. Finally I said, "This gift certificate is a real blessing. Our former church gave it to our family, knowing I'm a single parent trying to make ends meet."
The cashier then turned around, with tears in her loving eyes, and replied, "Honey, that's wonderful! Do you have a turkey?"
"No. It's okay because my children are sick anyway."
She then asked, "Do you have anything else for Thanksgiving dinner?"
Again I replied, "No."
After handing me the change from the certificate, she looked at my face and said, "Honey, I can't tell you exactly why right now, but I want you to go back into the store and buy a turkey, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie or anything else you need for a Thanksgiving dinner."
I was shocked, and humbled to tears. "Are you sure?" I asked.
"Yes! Get whatever you want. And get some Gatorade for the kids."
I felt awkward as I went back to do more shopping, but I selected a fresh turkey, a few yams and potatoes, and some juices for the children. Then I wheeled the shopping cart up to the same cashier as before. As I placed my groceries on the counter, she looked at me once more with giant tears in her kind eyes and began to speak.
"Now I can tell you. This morning I prayed that I could help someone today, and you walked through my line." She reached under the counter for her purse and took out a $20 bill. She paid for my groceries and then handed me the change. Once more I was moved to tears.
The sweet cashier then said, "I am a Christian. Here is my phone number if you ever need anything." She then took my head in her hands, kissed my cheek and said, "God bless you, honey."
As I walked to my car, I was overwhelmed by this stranger's love and by the realization that God loves my family too, and shows us his love through this stranger's and my church's kind deeds. The children were supposed to have spent Thanksgiving with their father that year, but because of the flu they were home with me, for a very special Thanksgiving Day.
They were feeling better, and we all ate the goodness of the Lord's bounty - and our community's love. Our hearts were truly filled with thanks.

Thanksgiving Equals Peace – Carol J. Alexander
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)
The year was 1998. We had moved from Florida the prior year and still struggled to settle in our new home. Finances were tight. Homeschooling was a burden. Church was a struggle. I was depressed and overwhelmed. I constantly prayed for peace but found myself tossed on stormy seas.
Then a series of things happened. I attended a week’s worth of revival meetings with a well-known evangelist. I ended the week at a women’s conference with dynamic, popular speakers. Then, a single statement the pastor made in his sermon on Thanksgiving Sunday broke through the gloom with rays of hope. He said, “Giving thanks equals peace.”
A few days later, my husband took the children fishing, leaving me alone to prepare Thanksgiving dinner. I put some worshipful music on and began to sing to God. I chopped. I prayed. I stirred. I poured out my heart. I set the table and started crying over my home, my family, my despair. Then God whispered to me, “Thanksgiving equals peace.”
So I started thanking Him. I thanked Him for the children. I thanked Him for the loud, rambunctious children. I thanked Him for my husband. I thanked Him for my husband’s job that caused him undue stress and failed to provide enough income.
The more I thanked God, the softer my heart became. I was still crying, but my tears changed from bitter tears to joyful tears. By the time the family came back from fishing, they had a new wife and mother. God had, in those few hours, transformed me from depressed and overwhelmed to peaceful. He calmed the seas of life by giving me the key to a peaceful home.
Previously, I did not have a “gentle and quiet spirit.” That day I experienced an overwhelming calm come into my home just from counting my blessings and thanking God for them.
Today, when things start to go awry, when you feel anxious, irritable and stressed, stop and thank God for everything.

Blessings in Disguise Charles Swor
Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:20 (KJV)
We find it so easy to thank God for the flowers, the springtime, the gentle winds, and the good health we enjoy. Very few of us, however, find ourselves thanking God, also, for the storms, the wintertime, the nighttime, and the sickroom experiences along the way.
Yet, these latter experiences are likely to have wrapped up within themselves life’s richest blessings. In thanking God for “all things,” have you thought to thank Him, too, for the hard things of life?
Fanny Crosby’s greatest blessing came through blindness; John Bunyan’s greatest contribution was made possible by imprisonment; Beethoven’s sublimest compositions were impelled by deafness. Many of our most useful inventions were born from direct experiences. The world’s greatest gift, salvation, would never have come except Gethsemane, Golgotha, and the open grave.
Let us search for the hidden blessing of every such experience.
Father, help me accept life’s storms as rich blessings.

Counting Blessings
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
THE week before Thanksgiving, my family participates in a tradition we started several years ago. My husband, two young daughters, and I find times during the week to write on slips of paper some of the things we're thankful for. We put the papers in a jar, and on Thanksgiving morning we read them.
"I'm thankful for my friends and my sister," writes my nine-year-old. "Thank you for my cat," says my five-year-old. My husband writes, "I'm thankful for my church family." "I'm thankful for our family's health" is one of the messages I write. We read about more and more of our blessings: good food, books, living in a free country, football, missionaries, a warm home.
The Bible tells us to be joyful and thankful at all times and in all circumstances. We can be especially thankful for God's greatest blessing: the amazing grace we see in Jesus Christ. Any time of the year is a perfect time to express our thanks for Christ.
--Cheryl Sloan Wray
Dear God, thank you for all the blessings you have given us. Amen.

Recipe for a Grateful Heart by Greg Asimakoupoulos
My ability in writing books is not matched by my ability to read a cookbook. My wife and three daughters will attest to that. Except for popping corn and blending chocolate milkshakes, most of my efforts in the kitchen taste like mistakes.
But, don't be too quick to label me as a liability when it comes to preparing for the family Thanksgiving feast. In the five decades of life in which I've had the opportunity to digest my share of what the Lord has served up in my life, I've discovered a fail-proof recipe for a grateful heart.
First, crush a bunch of sour grapes for all the times you've felt someone else got credit for something you deserved. Drizzle in a drop of spilled milk for every remembrance you have of something you wish you could undo (no need to cry over it). Even though you may be tempted to, refrain from adding the "whine" you keep in the cellar for those pity parties you occasionally throw for yourself.
To this rather unattractive concoction, sift in some flavorful thoughts that come to mind of times when God was kind and bailed you out. You know the times I mean: when you were in real hot water and had real doubts if you could stand up to the heat.
Then, while this mixture is sitting at room temperature, take some "thyme" alone and thoroughly measure out your blessings. Make sure you add in the plain vanilla ones (like health, shelter, employment, family, enough to eat and a good night's sleep).
Don't forget to spoon up some sweet remembrances of happy days gone by. With your honey at your side, go to a quiet part of the house and pour out what's on your mind. If necessary, ask for forgiveness.
While bringing the ingredients to a boil, combine a cup full of contentment, all the while skimming off any envy or greed that surfaces. Blend well.
Let the aforementioned batter rise until it occupies a place of prominence in your thinking. Preheat your heart to the point where it takes on a pliable consistency. While your will is warming to the idea of thanking God (instead of blaming him) for where you are at this time in your life, sprinkle the mixture in question with a dash of determination to do whatever it takes to honor God with your attitude.
Then bake the combined ingredients until they are well done. While it is still warm, serve yourself the "peace" you've anticipated, all the while chewing on God's goodness while swallowing your pride.
Well, there you have it. Even though you haven't seen this recipe demonstrated on the Food Network, it's a keeper. A grateful heart is guaranteed.
You don't need to be a Galloping Gourmet in order to serve up an aroma that will be pleasing to the Lord. All that is required is that you dismount from your high horse of self-centeredness and sit in the presence of the One from whom all blessings flow. As Israel's greatest king is credited with having said, "Taste and see that the Lord is good." (Psalm 34:8)

Recount Your Blessings--with Your ABCs! by Peggie Bohanon
Now, if YOU are the Thanksgiving chef, I know you have alot more to do today than sit here and practice your recounting and reciting skills...but let's all pause for a moment and thank God for the bountiful blessings. It's not about houses and lands, money and material things--it's about the treasures of heaven that money can't buy. So get out your calculator and your old alphabet book and let's RECOUNT our blessings and our ABCs!
Let us be thankful for:
Assurance of salvation
Blessed Hope of the Church
Christian faith
Divine providence of God
Everlasting life
Family of God
God's Word
Holy Spirit
Intercessory prayer
Jesus
Knowing Christ personally
Love of God
Mercy
New life in Christ
Overwhelming Evidence of God in Creation
Peace of God
Quiet stillness of God's presence
Redemption
Salvation
Trustworthiness of God
Undivided attention God gives His children
Victory in Jesus
Word of God
'Xtravagant grace of God!
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz--and we can sleep in heavenly peace because God is watching over us all!
Now wake up--and consider doing this devotional activity with your family. Before--or after--everyone gets STUFFED with turkey and all the trimmings, gather your family around for a recount/recite time of God's blessings. Begin with the letter "A" and go around the family circle, each one reciting a "thankful point." Conclude with a great family "Zzzzzzzz" silly snore--and a thankful prayer for God's goodness and grace in your family this year.
Option: Preschoolers who love to "make and do" can have fun using WASHABLE markers to draw and decorate each letter on posterboard. Use blunt-ended scissors to cut out each letter. Play a game of hide-and-seek: hide the letters all over the house; place the "T" inside the COLD oven, for fun!
Now, turn ON the oven (take OUT the fake TURKEY first!), go get that REAL turkey stuffed and place it therein--the fowl, please, not your favorite spouse or kid--grin--Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Chaos, confusion and despair are signs of the enemy at work in your environment. Refuse to allow anything to interrupt your peace and faith. You will need to be calm and quiet internally and allow My presence and power to permeate your atmosphere. Stand your ground and maintain all that is good, says the Lord. Isaiah 32:18 My people will dwell in a peaceful habitation, in secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places.

Many things have captured your attention and divided your resources. If you become aware of what is happening, you will see that there are spiritual lessons to be learned from each event and from the people around you. There are tidbits of wisdom that were dropped along the way that you now need to pick up again and acknowledge before you can move on, says the Lord. Be alert. James 1:2-4 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

You have made great progress, but this is not a time to let up. Keep doing what you know is right to do, and you will achieve your goal as well as My plan and purpose for you, says the Lord. Do not hold back. I will continue to direct you and help you rise up to your full potential. Psalms 16:11 You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Be resolute. Become sure of yourself. Allow your faith to grow. Allow your faith to ascend to open the storehouses of heaven by which you shall indeed receive the promises that I have appointed for you. Set your resolve again this day. Know that I am faithful. Come to Me with a heart of thanksgiving. Come to Me with joy. Come to Me, for I have brought you through the process of salvation into this time in which you will indeed gain the victory over every circumstance that comes against you. Today is a new day, a new spiritual day--a time to begin again, says the Lord.

To God, I'm Thankful by Marilyn Ferguson
I’m thankful for each strand of hair
That grows upon my head
I’m thankful for the clothes I wear
And for a nice warm bed.
I’m thankful for the caring friends
Who make me feel so glad
I’m thankful for a doctor’s care
When I am feeling bad.
I’m thankful for my family
Who cheer me when I’m blue
I’m thankful for the U.S.A.
And for our soldiers too.
I’m thankful for the gentle rains
That fall upon the earth
I’m thankful for the life it brings
And for a baby’s birth.
I’m thankful for a sky of red
In early morning light
I’m thankful for the setting sun
And for the stars at night.
I’m thankful for a place to pray
And for the books I read
I’m thankful for a loving God
Who meets my every need.

Lord, We Are Grateful by Rev. Greg Asimakoupoulos
Lord, we are grateful for all You've given;
shelter and clothing, good food and health.
All these are gifts we rarely do treasure.
We are most wealthy, thanks to Yourself.
Lord, we are grateful for those who love us;
those we call family, those who are friends.
Loved, we can face the pressures life sends us.
Through those we cherish, Your love descends.
Lord, we are grateful for Your creation;
trees in fall splendor, dark stormy skies.
Nature reminds us of Your strong power.
Majestic beauty dazzles ours eyes.
Lord, we are grateful for Your rich mercy,
fresh as the morning, new every day.
Sin is forgiven. Guilt has been buried.
Gone is the debt we never could pay.
Lord, we are grateful that we can worship,
often and freely here in this place.
Harvest our praises, hear our thanksgiving
as we reflect on Your awesome grace.

Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land. Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care. Psalm 95:1-7

For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer. If you point these things out to the brothers, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, brought up in the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed. Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives' tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe. Command and teach these things. Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you. Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers. 1 Timothy 4:4-16

By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is. the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. Hebrews 13:15

1 Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. 2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. 3 For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods. Psalm 95:1-3

1 I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. 2 I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High. Psalm 9:1-2

13 It is written: “I believed; therefore I have spoken.” Since we have that same spirit of faith, we also believe and therefore speak, 14 because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you to himself. 15 All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God. 16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:13-18

1 Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalm 106:1

The Real Thanksgiving Author Unknown
Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn't worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. The result was that their minds became dark and confused. (Romans 1:21)
I know what you're thinking. That the first Thanksgiving involved pilgrims and turkey and other stuff (ing).
I've got news for you: the real first Thanksgiving (on record) happened not hundreds but thousands of years ago. Here's how it went:
At harvest time Cain brought to the LORD a gift of his farm produce, while Abel brought several choice lambs from the best of his flock. The LORD accepted Abel and his offering, but he did not accept Cain and his offering. This made Cain very angry and dejected. "Why are you so angry?" the LORD asked him. "Why do you look so dejected? You will be accepted if you respond in the right way. But if you refuse to respond correctly, then watch out! Sin is waiting to attack and destroy you, and you must subdue it." (Genesis 4:3-6)
One thanksgiving, two men, two offerings, and two totally different reactions. The Lord was looking for both of them to realize who was God and who was not, so He invented the first thanksgiving by asking them to bring an offering to praise Him.
There are many theories behind why God rejected Cain's offering, but the point is that there was obviously a mind-set problem with him that didn't set well with the Lord. Abel, however, gave his offering with a grateful heart, which is why God smiled back at him.
This is the time of year where we reflect on life and respond with being thankful, but let's not forget that God cares very much about the attitude behind the gratitude.
So the main question you need to ask yourself this weekend is: am I more like Cain, or Abel?
Here's what Thanksgiving would look like for Cain:
He gets up, and is mainly looking forward to completely gorging himself on free food. He is thankful for a few days off from school or work, but mainly because he likes to be lazy. At the table, he wants to be served first, and when it comes time praise God before the meal, his mind wanders to what is going on with the football game or getting together with friends later.
After the meal, his family gathers to have a time of sharing about things for which they are thankful. He is annoyed that he's stuck with a family that has to do such cheesy things, and wishes he didn't have to follow any rules.
Eventually the day ends, and finally he utters a quick prayer to God, thanking Him for...what was it again? Oh yeah, all the cool stuff he has.
That kind of thanksgiving is like wax fruit in a bowl my friend. It looks real on the outside, but in reality it is fake and useless, and that is why God rejects it.
Abel on the other hand, remembers that even the very air he breathes is a gift from God. He knows that if there is anything good in his life, it is directly from the hand of God. So his focus this weekend is take the energy he would normally devote to school and/or work, and direct it towards thanking God and serving others. So he is quick to help set the table and clean up afterwards, he is intentional in listening to others, and active in participating in the family traditions. At the end of the day he makes a list of all the blessings of God and thanks Jesus for each and every one of them.
Heartfelt thankfulness has an amazing effect. It gives us hope, turns our eyes on Jesus, and protects us from sin.
If you're having a hard time coming up with anything, start with this list:
I AM . . .
A Child of God (Romans 8:16)
Redeemed from the Hand of the Enemy (Psalm 107:2)
Forgiven (Colossians 1:13,14)
Saved by Grace through Faith (Ephesians 2:8)
Justified (Romans 5:1)
Sanctified (I Corinthians 6:11)
A New Creature (II Corinthians 5:17)
Partaker of His Divine Nature (II Peter 1:4)
Redeemed from the Curse of the Law (Galatians 3:13)
Delivered from the Powers of Darkness (Colossians 1:13)
Led by the Spirit of God (Romans 8:14)
A Son of God (Romans 8:74)
Kept in Safety Wherever I Go (Psalm 91:11)
Getting All My Needs Met by Jesus (Philippians 4:19)
Casting All My Cares on Jesus (I Peter 5:7)
Strong in the Lord and in the Power of His Might (Ephesians 6:10)
Doing All Things through Christ Who Strengthens Me (Philippians 4:13)
An Heir of God and a Joint Heir with Jesus (Romans 8:17)
Heir to the Blessings of Abraham (Galatians 3:13, 14)
Observing and Doing the Lord's Commandments (Deuteronomy 28:I2)
Blessed Coming in and Blessed Going out (Deuteronomy 28:6)
An Heir of Eternal Life (I John 5:11, 12)
Blessed with All Spiritual Blessings (Ephesians 1:3)
Healed by His Stripes (I Peter 2:24)
Exercising My Authority over the Enemy (Luke 10:19)
Above Only and Not Beneath (Deuteronomy 28:13)
More than a Conqueror (Romans 8:37)
Establishing God's Word Here on Earth (Matthew 16:19)
An Overcomer by the Blood of the Lamb and the Word of My Testimony (Revelation 12:11)
Daily overcoming the Devil (I John 4:4)
Not Moved by What I See (II Corinthians 4:18)
Walking by Faith and Not by Sight (II Corinthians 5:7)
Casting Down Vain Imaginations (II Corinthians 10:4, 5)
Bringing Every Thought into Captivity (II Corinthians 10:5)
Being Transformed by Renewing My Mind (Romans 12:1, 2)
A Laborer Together with God (I Corinthians 5:21)
The Righteousness of God in Christ (II Corinthians 5:21)
An Imitator of Jesus (Ephesians 5:1)
The Light of the World (Matthew 5:14)
Blessing the Lord at All Times and Continually Praising the Lord with My Mouth (Psalm 34:1)
Questions:
How can you show God this weekend that you are truly thankful?
Are you more like Cain, or Abel? Why?
How long of a list could you make of ways that God has blessed your life?

Thanksgiving Prayer by Mary Fairchild
Heavenly Father, on Thanksgiving Day
We bow our hearts to You and pray.
We give You thanks for all You've done
Especially for the gift of Jesus, Your Son.
For beauty in nature, Your glory we see
For joy and health, friends and family,
For daily provision, Your mercy and care
These are the blessings You graciously share.
So today we offer this response of praise
With a promise to follow You all of our days.

Read Through The Bible
Nehemiah 4
The Wall Defended Against Enemies
1 But it so happened, when Sanballat heard that we were rebuilding the wall, that he was furious and very indignant, and mocked the Jews. 2 And he spoke before his brethren and the army of Samaria, and said, “What are these feeble Jews doing? Will they fortify themselves? Will they offer sacrifices? Will they complete it in a day? Will they revive the stones from the heaps of rubbish—stones that are burned?” 3 Now Tobiah the Ammonite was beside him, and he said, “Whatever they build, if even a fox goes up on it, he will break down their stone wall.” 4 Hear, O our God, for we are despised; turn their reproach on their own heads, and give them as plunder to a land of captivity! 5 Do not cover their iniquity, and do not let their sin be blotted out from before You; for they have provoked You to anger before the builders. 6 So we built the wall, and the entire wall was joined together up to half its height, for the people had a mind to work. 7 Now it happened, when Sanballat, Tobiah, the Arabs, the Ammonites, and the Ashdodites heard that the walls of Jerusalem were being restored and the gaps were beginning to be closed, that they became very angry, 8 and all of them conspired together to come and attack Jerusalem and create confusion. 9 Nevertheless we made our prayer to our God, and because of them we set a watch against them day and night. 10 Then Judah said, “The strength of the laborers is failing, and there is so much rubbish that we are not able to build the wall.” 11 And our adversaries said, “They will neither know nor see anything, till we come into their midst and kill them and cause the work to cease.” 12 So it was, when the Jews who dwelt near them came, that they told us ten times, “From whatever place you turn, they will be upon us.” 13 Therefore I positioned men behind the lower parts of the wall, at the openings; and I set the people according to their families, with their swords, their spears, and their bows. 14 And I looked, and arose and said to the nobles, to the leaders, and to the rest of the people, “Do not be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, great and awesome, and fight for your brethren, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your houses.” 15 And it happened, when our enemies heard that it was known to us, and that God had brought their plot to nothing, that all of us returned to the wall, everyone to his work. 16 So it was, from that time on, that half of my servants worked at construction, while the other half held the spears, the shields, the bows, and wore armor; and the leaders were behind all the house of Judah. 17 Those who built on the wall, and those who carried burdens, loaded themselves so that with one hand they worked at construction, and with the other held a weapon. 18 Every one of the builders had his sword girded at his side as he built. And the one who sounded the trumpet was beside me. 19 Then I said to the nobles, the rulers, and the rest of the people, “The work is great and extensive, and we are separated far from one another on the wall. 20 Wherever you hear the sound of the trumpet, rally to us there. Our God will fight for us.” 21 So we labored in the work, and half of the men held the spears from daybreak until the stars appeared. 22 At the same time I also said to the people, “Let each man and his servant stay at night in Jerusalem, that they may be our guard by night and a working party by day.” 23 So neither I, my brethren, my servants, nor the men of the guard who followed me took off our clothes, except that everyone took them off for washing.

"Thank You, Lord, for the love, the laughter, the love You give us all our lives. May we always, at whatever age, celebrate Your goodness and live fully for You, In Jesus' Name, Amen."

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply