Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2023, 10:53 AM   #1
roverl0616

Default My First Meeting

I didn't know what to expect when I went to my first recovery meeting and to say I was skeptical would be an understatement. I had heard all kinds of things, bits and pieces of what it was supposed to be like, but oddly enough the meeting wasn't anything like any of that. It was completely different from what I had expected and was all new to me. There was this openness to it that was incredible and frightening all at the same time. I wasn't sure I could trust this or the people who were there. At one point I thought I had made a mistake by being there and all I could think of was how to leave without anyone noticing. I wasn't sure what would happen if I got up and left so I stayed, figuring it would be easier to slip out unnoticed at the end when it was over. When it came time for the meeting to end with a prayer I knew then that I should have left early, but what happened to me next after that was over I will be forever moved by, all the things that were said to me, by everyone, and most importantly to keep coming back that it would work for me if I did. After that I couldn't wait for my next meeting, and wanted to be there right away.
roverl0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roverl0616 For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply