Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 18

Prayer To Do God's Will Today

Thy will be done. Dear God, I am full of the sound of my own voice, that lump of pride deep within me that will not go away, no matter how I try. Give me the strength through the power of your Holy Spirit to hear your voice and follow it, fighting the temptation to sin that bubbles up inside me whenever my mind strays from you.

Thy will be done. Thy will be done. Thy will be done.

You have commanded us to love one another, this I know without doubt. And yet all day I am filled with judgments, with resentments, with anger that sneaks in and grabs me when I am not paying attention to you. I pray dear God, that you will soften my heart to my fellow humans, no matter how sinfully they may act, and leave the judging to you, as you have commanded. Fill me with acceptance in place of judgment, sympathy in place of anger, faith in place of resentment. For my judgments and anger are the creatures of pride.

May I do thy will this day, in the name of Christ I pray. Amen.

Now, to God the Father, who first loved us, and made us accepted in the Beloved; to God the Son, who loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood; to God the Holy Ghost, who sheddeth the love of God abroad in our hearts, be all love and all glory in time and to all eternity. Amen. ~ by John Wesley (1760)

The Rock of our Salvation

You are my Father, my God, and my Rock of Salvation. Thank You for giving me an obedient heart so that I can wisely obey Your Word. I am building my house upon the rock. When the rains, floods and winds of life oppose me, they will not prevail for I refuse to move off of Your Word, Lord. My house shall stand because I hear Your Word and I am a doer of the Word in the name of Jesus. Amen

Dear Lord, help me to put my own problems in the proper perspective, trusting Your plan for my life. Let me see that the "daily-ness" of my living is a part of the fabric of my eternity. ... Especially in the midst of my despair, let my inner peace and joy be the sign of Your loving Presence in my life. Thank You, Lord.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord Jesus, bring your love to our lives in a new way today so that any fear that we might have is driven away, knowing that “perfect love casts out fear”. Then your light will shine more brightly in us, and others will be able to see the good things that are done in your name. Help us to grow more aware of the love and respect and dignity that you give us in calling us your friends”. We ask that your Spirit acts in us so that we discover and take pride in who we really are. Make us credible witnesses of your love so that others may more readily share in your love and your light, you who are the light of the world. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for always being there for me. Lord, I do want to keep my heart right before You, and before those people whom You have placed in my life. Please forgive me when I fail to do the right thing. Strengthen me to be kind and good toward others, especially my own family. Help me to overcome the fear of what men think, and to be more concerned about what You think. I know that You look at my heart and see things that are not pleasing to You. I give You the right to deal with those things and remove them from my life. Help me to be meek and lowly like You are, and not to allow pride to keep me from communicating with those whom I would rather not have to deal with. Fill me with Your love and wisdom in all my relationships. I humbly ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

Lord our God, we thank you for being among us as our Father, for letting us be your children on earth. We thank you that as your children we can find life in spirit and in truth. Grant that each of us may find how our lives on earth can be lifted up by your Spirit. Your Spirit can bring us what we men do not possess, so that our daily work, all our striving and struggling for the outward things of life, may be pervaded by what is higher and greater. Your Spirit can keep us from falling into base and petty ways, from getting lost in earthly experiences which do not last, no matter how much they demand our attention. We thank you for all you have done for your children. Continue to help us, that we may serve you every day in gladness and gratitude. Amen.

Workplace Prayer

My Heavenly father, as I enter this workplace I bring your presence with me. I speak your peace, your grace, your mercy, and your perfect order in this office. I acknowledge your power over all that will be spoken, thought, decided, and done within these walls.

Lord, I thank you for the gifts you have blessed me with. I commit to using them responsibly in your honor. Give me a fresh supply of strength to do my job. Anoint my projects, ideas, and energy so that even my smallest accomplishment may bring you glory.

Lord, when I am confused guide me. When I am burned out infuse me with the light of the Holy Spirit. May the work that I do and the way I do it bring faith, joy, and a smile to all that I come in contact with today.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply