Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2014, 12:31 PM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 22

Humility

In the name of Jesus, I submit myself to You, my God. Thank You giving me more grace.

I use God’s mighty weapons, not those made by men, to knock down the devil’s strongholds of pride and arrogance that would hinder my walk in the Spirit. Pride goes before a fall. With the help of the Holy Spirit, I will remain humble before You. Then You will lift me up and make my life significant. Amen

Dear Lord, help me to walk closely with You daily, taking time to read Your Word, so that I will come to know You, and recognize Your Spirit's leading, so that I will not be deceived or coerced into following "another Jesus."* ... Give me the courage and wisdom to "pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness." Help me to "fight the good fight of faith,"** that I may be Your true witness.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

* (See II Cor. 11:4) ** (I Tim. 6:11-12)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Great God, may I begin this day bearing in mind that the things which I think and do are my life. I pray that thou wilt keep me from making great efforts for that which is valueless, and thus waste my life. May I watch my pride and indolence that they may not cause me to lose the best. Amen.

God our Father, we thank you that in the vastness of your creation there is something special about the beauty of this earth. Into our world which you love so much you sent Jesus, your Son - your Word who became a human being - and he made his home among us. Open our eyes that we may have a sense of wonder and awe that leads us to treasure all that you have made. Show us how to value all who are a part of our lives this day. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I am grateful for all the guidelines You have given us in this wonderful book of Proverbs. Help me to heed the warnings and apply the wisdom that I find in these pages. Lord, I pray that I will walk as a godly woman so that I will be a blessing to all of those around me. Forgive me when I fail to be gracious or impatient with people. May I apply Your love, wisdom and goodness to all of my daily affairs. Lord, draw the lost in our neighborhood to Your saving grace. Use me to be a witness to them. I am claiming their souls for Your kingdom. I ask these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply