Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2023, 08:44 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - August 25

Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:4-5

God has promised us eternal life without pain or sorrow, where all things will be made new. Whether our hurts are physical, emotional, or spiritual, God can and does make us whole again.

When we fall physically or spiritually, God is there to pick us up and put us back together.

Since we belong to Christ, we need not despair about making these decisions because the Bible assures us that God will give us wisdom about what is good and right.

What people need most, God offers freely through us.

God does not value us according to where we live, how educated we may or may not be, or our material wealth. God simply loves us and longs to be in loving relationship with us.

At times we worry about performing our tasks more than focusing on our Lord. The better thing is to stop and listen to Jesus. Since we cannot literally sit at Jesus’ feet, we can ask the help of the Holy Spirit. The Spirit helps us to pray, to understand scripture, to relate to others, and to be more Christlike in our love.

Praise God when times are good, praise God when the times are bad.

Problem, things seem impossible, answer, all things are possible with God.

NO MORE CRACKS By Chris Long
So the other night I'm out driving in my car.
I can hear your thoughts already: "Good for you, Chris. What's so special about THAT?"
More than you might think.
You see, for the first time in a long time I could truly see with no impediments. Let me explain...
I've had my car for over 10 years and I liked it then and I still like it now (that in and of itself is pretty rare to find in our culture that emphasizes having the latest "everything"). But it had a problem. Shortly after I bought it, some nice person's car on the freeway flung a rock to my windshield which produced about a 5-inch curved crack on the lower-left driver's side.
My car insurance at the time would completely pay for a repair, but not a replacement of the window. I made the decision to go ahead and repair it, which basically meant they sealed up the crack. Unfortunately, while it improved the look of the crack some, for the last 9-10 years I've been driving around with this still quite visible crack in my windshield. And every time I looked at it, it really bothered me, but not quite enough I guess to really do anything about it. I just "put up" with it. I came to grips with the fact that this crack was in my life. I settled for the crack.
Well, several days ago, I got in my car to go somewhere and discovered that this crack now extended all the way up my windshield. I'm not positive, but it looked like either a rock or something else hit my windshield actually directly on the old crack (what are the chances?) which then caused the old crack to "break open" again so to speak, and it split most all the way up the windshield. Realizing that this was going to be a serious impediment to my driving ability, I called a windshield replacement service and 4 hours later I had a new windshield on my car for far less than I always thought that it would cost to get a new windshield (one of the reasons I never had looked into it before).
When I next drove my car, what completely took me by surprise is just what a clear view I had. I was majorly thrown off by the now gone old crack. I had gotten used to that old crack and didn't really even realize it. For 9 or 10 years, I saw that old crack every time I looked out my windshield. I had learned to "compensate" for it and just "deal with it". But here, with my new windshield, that crack was gone. And I couldn't believe what I had been missing out on for the last 9-10 years. :) Life with no crack - it sure is nice. :)
For the first time in a long time, I had a nice clear view. And all I could think of was: "Why didn't I replace my windshield sooner?" "Why did I put up with this crack for so many years?"
And that got me to thinking. How many times do we "put up" with cracks in areas of our lives? Some deep hurt over here, some unforgiveness over there, repetitive sin here, grief there, bitterness here, rejection there. Cracks of all shapes and sizes.
Oh, we may think we see just fine. "I can still see the road." Perhaps. But the vision is still obstructed - it's not as clear as it could be. There's still always an awareness of the cracks off to the sides. And one day those cracks on the sides might just open up and split directly in front of your eyes, where they can no longer be ignored and you can no longer go forward.
How much better to deal with those cracks before that happens.
As human beings, we are always learning to compensate for things. We get a jolt here, a jolt there, and we adjust and move on. But God doesn't want us to just "adjust" and "put up" with stuff. He doesn't want us to "stuff our stuff". He wants us to bring everything to Him and allow Him to bring healing into our lives. Each time we get a crack - perhaps the result of some harsh words somebody spoke to us or some hurtful action we did or was done to us - He wants us to come to Him. As we do - as we give him those hurts, as we repent of our sin, as we receive forgiveness or extend forgiveness to others, etc. - we can be "cleaned" and those cracks can actually be removed (not just "repaired").
So, may I ask, what cracks are in your windshield?
Is there a person that you are angry with? Bitter at? Jealous of?
Is there sin that you've committed that you've never really repented of?
Is there hurt that was done to you that still haunts you and defines you?
Is there grief that has stunted your progress and continues to be a major part of your life?
What are YOUR cracks that you've been "putting up" with?
Let's decide that we're no longer going to let stuff that happened to us years ago impact our lives in negative ways now! Let's not put up with those cracks any more!
In Christ Jesus, we can be set free from all bondages of the soul, all hurt, all fear, all anger, etc. John 8:36 tells us that when Jesus sets us free, we are truly free ("So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.") We are set free when we come to Jesus and abide in him and His words - as we come to know the truth, the truth sets us free (John 8:31-32). And Jesus IS the Truth in the greatest sense (John 14:6).
Jesus came for the sick and broken. He came for people with cracks. He isn't afraid of those with checkered pasts - he hung out with them when He was here on this earth! (Mark 9:10-13, Luke 19:7) He said that he desires mercy and that he "came not to call the righteous but sinners." (Matthew 9:13).
His hand is extended to you. Will you take it? Will you come to Jesus in faith and allow Him to bring healing to your life? Jesus will not turn you away and will declare to you, just as He declared to so many while here on this earth, "your faith has made you well." Jesus is big on freedom - being loosed from your bonds, and healing. If there's any bitterness, anger, un-forgiveness towards someone else, Jesus tells us to forgive "so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you..." (Mark 11:25). Maybe that seems too hard, but we are told to do it - at the very least, a place to start is just to be honest with Jesus about it seeming too hard and asking Him for help for you to be able to forgive.
To really move forward with Jesus in the way He wants us to, we must deal with our "cracks". Would you right now bring the Lord your "cracks"? Talk to Him. His arms are open, His heart is full of love, and He is listening to you now.

EXPECTING GOD'S BEST by Brenda Wood
We grow up planning our lives, expecting them to turn out this way or that, only to discover that God's plans are quite different. For example, my friend expected to be married and have children. That never happened. While she doesn't miss a husband too much, she used to regret not having children. Now she smiles and admits that she only missed out on stretch marks, labour pains, and college fees.
The Bible says that the barren woman should sing: Isaiah 54:1 - Sing, O barren one, you who did not bear; break forth into singing and cry aloud, you who did not travail with child! For the [spiritual] children of the desolate one will be more than the children of the married wife, says the Lord. (AMP)
While most parents strive to raise two or three biological children, over the years, my friend became the spiritual mother who influenced many more young lives for good.
After all, the Bible says, Psalm 113:9 - He makes the barren woman to be a homemaker and a joyful mother of [spiritual] children. (AMP)
Today, her life is full and overflowing with all the children that she thought she would never have.
Isaiah 54:3b - Your offspring will possess the nations and make the desolate cities to be inhabited. (AMP)
She may not have given birth physically, but her heart has not missed out on any parental love.
Barren? Not her! She claims motherhood to hundreds and grandmotherhood to thousands! She laughs with delight and asks, "What more could a mother ask?"
Her circumstances are no different from ours. I never expected to be a widow at my age. Others find themselves in jobs totally foreign to their education. Does it matter as long as God is in charge?
Prayer: Father, teach us to trust You in our circumstances and always expect Your best. For the sake of Christ, our Lord, we pray. Amen.

Getting Out of the Way by Katherine Walden
It takes some of us a lifetime to learn that Christ, our Good Shepherd, knows exactly what He is doing with us. He understands us perfectly. Phillip Keller
I am fiercely loyal to those I love and I have the tenacity of a bulldog when I feel it necessary to go to war on their behalf. If a loved one is knocked down by abuse, slander or mistreatment, watch out! I will do everything in my power to stand between them and those who might want to cause them harm. If anyone dares to speak negatively about a friend in my hearing, they will be met with a cold icy glare. When a fellow believer brings a complaint about another believer to me without first taking the step to privately approach the person in question, I am not the least bit reticent to pull out one of my favourite bible passages.
Matthew 18:15-16 "If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses."
Loyalty is a fine character trait to nurture. I recognize that excessive protectiveness on my part creates a dangerous hazard to those I love. Not unlike an overly protective dog who keeps Emergency Medical Technicians at bay as he stands guard over his injured owner, my over-protectiveness hinders those with greater expertise from gaining access to those who are in dire need of their care. Long ago, I surrendered this area of my life to the Lord and I have submitted myself to trusted brothers and sisters in Christ, giving them permission to challenge me when they see me walk in old habit patterns.
God gently reminds me that He is in control and that he knows exactly what he is doing in the lives of those I love. As I go to him in intercession for those in crisis, I surrender my fleshly concerns and worries. He is free to call forth those best suited for the job at hand. There are times that God calls me forward as one of his healing agents and there are times he calls me to stand still. Both scenarios require that I recognize his voice and both scenarios require that I give him my instant obedience and complete trust.
Exodus 14:13-14 And Moses said to the people, "Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will work for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again.The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent."
2 Chronicles 20:17 You will not need to fight in this battle. Stand firm, hold your position, and see the salvation of the Lord on your behalf, O Judah and Jerusalem.’ Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed.

Weeds, Weeds and More Weeds by Kristi Huseby
“Have mercy on me, O God, because of your unfailing love. Because of your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins. Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin. For I recognize my rebellion; it haunts me day and night.” (Psalm 51:1-3, NLT)
I love summer! I love to watch the birds feasting at my bird feeders. I love the smell of freshly cut grass and the cool breeze after a summer shower. I enjoy the sound of a lawn mower, the zing of a fishing line being cast, the laughter of my children at play and the sizzle of steaks on the grill. Did I say I love summer? Let me say it one last time: I love summer!
However, there is one thing about summer that I don’t find so pleasant – the weeds in my flowerbeds. I relish in planting my flowers but weeding tends to be low on my list of priorities. And because it’s low, I confess I have a few flowerbeds that have long been neglected. Knowing this I decided the other day that I needed to be disciplined, get out there and weed those beds. Of course, I didn’t pick the best time of day to do it – two in the afternoon when the sun was the hottest. That was not so smart but I geared down and started the job.
I put on my gardening gloves and went straight for the roots. I dug up every weed I could see. It was quite exhausting seeing that it had been so long since I had decided to take on the task of weeding. I noticed that some of the weeds were even choking my precious plants. The weeds had embedded and entangled themselves into my plants so much that I actually had to dig up some of my plants so I could pull the weeds out.
It was tedious, exhausting work but I finally finished and was amazed at how much better my garden looked. Of course that was only one flowerbed and I had a couple more to go. I realized I had a lot of work to do and I wished that I had started on this project of weeding earlier or that I had been consistently taking care of my garden the whole time. As I was weeding, I couldn’t help but think about how easy it is to let sin creep into my life, just like those weeds had crept into my garden. I also thought that the effects of sin or weeds in my life are nothing similar to those beautiful flowers I had planted. Sin and its roots can affect the soil of my heart, which can negatively change the course of my thoughts and actions.
The need to be in control of everything was one of those invasive weeds in my life. This control had so captured my heart that I didn’t even see the damage it was causing in my life. My desire for control was affecting my marriage, hurting my children and hindering my relationship with God. After all the damage I finally came to a place of ownership for what I was doing. I realized for the first time how much it was hurting the people I loved and myself. At this point God was able to begin the weeding in my life.
It was a slow and painful process in allowing God to show me what it looked like to trust Him and relinquish control. As I continue on this journey of relinquishing control I know that this is not a one-time deal for me. I know that this area of letting go and trusting God will need to be visited on a regular basis. My need for weeding is the same for me as my flowerbed. In order to grow properly I need to face the control in my life and let God weed it out!
And this is my encouragement to you: If God’s unfailing love can take out the strongest root of control in my life; He can take out any weed(s) in yours too! Lets look at Psalm 51: 1-3 again, here David is calling on the mercy and forgiveness of God because of his sins. He pulls on God’s character, His unfailing love and His ability to purify sinners from all unrighteousness. David’s rebellion and sin haunted him but when He gave his sin to God or when He let God look at the weeds of sexual immorality and murder in his life—God did the miraculous. He forgave David because of His great love and restored David back to His God. David found forgiveness in God’s unfailing love and so can we! I encourage you to relinquish your hold, surrender to the weeding work of your Savior and become a well-tilled garden ready for Him to use.
Lord thank-you for Your loving kindness that surpasses even my greatest weaknesses and sins. I pray that You would take any weeds that have accumulated in my life. Lord, have mercy on me and show me the right ways to walk and the right paths to choose. I pray that You would light up my path and if I am walking in any darkness that You would reveal that to me. Lord, I thank-you for your mercy and your unfailing love again. Help me to come to You when I sin. Thank-you that You are a good Father and that You want to make our garden beautiful. In Jesus’ Name, Amen
Questions: What do you need to have weeded from your life? Are there any “weeds” that could be holding you back from having a rich and intimate relationship with your Heavenly Father?

There Is A Time For Everything
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
2 a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, 3 a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, 6 a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, 7 a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, 8 a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. 9 What does the worker gain from his toil? 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on men. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 12 I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. 13 That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God. 14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him. (Ecclesiastes 3:1-14, New International Version, 1984)
Written by a man, Solomon, who was considered to have wanted it all, tried it all, collected it all, and knew it all, these words have been recited in funerals, weddings, graduation exercise, sermons, songs, books and articles. They have been stitched on fabric, printed on shirts, painted on canvas, and probably used as graffiti on public property. These words are shared for the simple reason that they contain timeless wisdom.
“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:” Really? There is a time for everything? Yes.
Our problem is that we tend to read this first line and rush off to make everything happen…in our time. There is an important truth in verse 11 that brings about the true wisdom of this writing: “He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.”
When we force something to happen on our time table, squeeze it into our schedule, and demand it appear on our agenda, instead of waiting for to become beautiful in its time, we get frustrated, irritated, disappointed, aggravated, annoyed, angry, and just plain mad.
That is not the promise. It is God’s time. We are on His schedule. He is not limited to nor obligated to fitting His plans into our calendar.
As you read this you may be in the midst of a time when you are frustrated, irritated, disappointed, aggravated, annoyed, angry, and just plain mad because things are not happening when you think they should. “It does not make sense! There is no logical explanation for things not happening according to my plan!” You say repeatedly with increasing intensity. And you are right. It does not make sense. There is no logical explanation. Now. But it will make sense. It will be beautiful.
Remember, the text says, “…they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.” We cannot fathom what God is doing. We cannot make sense of it all. We cannot understand all His ways. No matter how hard we try or how loud we shout our demands. “He has made everything beautiful in its time.” When we force it before its time, we lose the beauty.
May I invite you to join me on this journey of knowing that “everything is beautiful in its time” and as together we wait to experience the beauty of God’s eternal plan. It will not be easy. It is not easy. But, it will be beautiful. “There is a time for everything.” --Tom

WHEN GOD ENGRAVED YOUR NAME by Max Lucado
A person doesn’t have to be a golf fan to empathize with Adam Scott. With four holes to go he had a four shot lead in the British Open. Four shots! Par the final quartet of holes and the trophy was his. Might as well have told him to chew gum. He could par these holes in his sleep. Everyone knew the tournament was his. A craftsman in a nearby workshop began sketching the name Adam Scott on the winner’s medal.
But disaster struck. Missed putts. Wayward shots. The next thing he knew, he was scrambling to make a ten-foot putt to force a playoff. He missed it. “Wow,” he mouthed, chin trembling.
The most poignant moment of the collapse might have been the camera shot of the engraver as he was given the news. He stopped his work and, gulp, erased Adam Scott’s name from the first place medal.
Viewers offered a collective groan.
Many Christians can relate. We fear the same will happen to us. We fear the fatal stumble, the ultimate collapse. Might we fall so utterly that God will erase our name?
No, he won’t.
Jesus couldn’t be more emphatic. “And I shall give them eternal life, and they shall never lose it or perish throughout the ages. [To all eternity they shall never by any means be destroyed.] And no one is able to snatch them out of My hand” (John 10:28 AMP).
Jesus promised a new life that cannot be forfeited or terminated. “Whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned: he has crossed over from death to life” (John 5:24 NIV).
Unlike the medal engraver, Jesus has an eternal perspective. He knew every step of your life before you took the first one. He saw the bogies and the birdies, the strong days and bad ones. He made His choice. When you said “yes” to him, he entered your name into the eternal populace of heaven. Your name is “engraved on the palms of his hands.” (Is.49:16 )
Finish well. But, if you stumble along the way, don’t worry, Jesus doesn’t use an eraser.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Be still and do not overreact to discouraging news or things that intrude into your life and threaten your tranquility. Maintain peace in the process of responding to situations that are difficult or challenging. You must keep yourself in spiritual flow, faith and peace. Refuse every temptation to fear. Discouragement will kill your anointing and your place of stability in Me, says the Lord. Isaiah 26:20 Come, my people, enter your chambers, and shut your doors behind you; hide yourself, as it were, for a little moment, until the indignation is past.

Take a stand, and refuse to be controlled by the negativity of others. The enemy will use bitterness to defile you and everything it touches. You must set a watch and not allow disagreement and opposition to hinder My purposes in and around you. It is serious business for those who insist on defiling the atmosphere and quenching My Spirit, says the Lord. Hebrews 12:15 Looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled.

If you will seek My face and purpose to obey My leading, I will bring you to a new level of clarity that will establish you in the flow of My Spirit and peace. I want you to know the difference between having peace by way of fulfilling the desires of your soul and the peace that comes from true relationship with Me, says the Lord. Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I kept hearing the word "rift" in my spirit, and I heard the Lord say: Close the gaps and repair the rifts so that the enemy will not be able to bring irreparable damage to the relationships that are vital to My purposes for you. Criticism, judgment and offenses are not only damaging to your soul and spirit, but also open the door for the devil to enter in and wreak havoc as a consequence of your hardened heart. Choose peace and reconciliation with your brothers and sisters in the kingdom of God. Proverbs 18:19 A brother offended is harder to win than a strong city, and contentions are like the bars of a castle.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
My people, take for yourselves the sword of the Spirit, which I have given to you, and use it against all the work of the enemy. Come to that place where your faith is ignited by My word; where you know that My power is working in you and through you. The Spirit of the living God dwells within you because you are indeed My temple, says the Lord. Come to this place today by faith and allow My weapons of war to work on your behalf. Come and be rejuvenated, be renewed, and be set free from the bondage that the enemy has imposed upon you. Freedom is available to you for I have spoken it and My words will not return empty nor will they return void. Be free and do not allow the spirit of divination to bring a bewitching effect upon your spiritual lives.

WHAT YOU WILL BE Author Unknown
As I gazed up at the mountains, I was awed by their majesty;
I bowed my head and asked myself, "Why should He care for me?
I am not great like the mountains that tower so high above,
What is there about me that God can find to love?"
"Father, I am not strong like the wind that makes your tall trees sway,
I cannot sing sweetly like your birds; will you love me anyway?
But most of all, I am simply me, and often have cause to fear,
In spite of all my weaknesses, do you promise to be near?"
With eyes closed tight against my tears, I wished He could hear me pray.
Then I felt His Spirit tell me, "Child, look up, I have something to say.
"You are simply you, the spirit I love, a part of my great plan.
I put you here to learn of life and to return to me again."
"You are more beautiful to me than the loveliest mountain I made,
And your strength exceeds that of the wind's, so do not be afraid.
I love you not for what you are, but for what I know you will be.
I am always beside you watching you grow, you are very special to me."
A smile touched my lips - I knew it was true, my Father had always been there
Giving me comfort and blessings and love and my own special talents to share.
So I do my best to make Him proud. I am not afraid, for you see,
He loves me not for what I am, but for what He knows I will be.

Wow! What A Wonder You Are by Nancy Burr
Wow! What a beautiful day,
You have made it perfect again.
I feel so alive, not a tear in my eye,
For You took away all my pain.
Wow! What an awesome day,
I woke up feeling so great.
Your blessings are raining all over me,
And my soul wants to celebrate.
Wow! What a splendid day,
I'm overflowing with love.
You've given me much to be thankful for,
And I praise You Father above.
Wow! I'm amazed at Your love,
Forever is goes on.
You fill me up satisfying my soul,
With a love that's never gone.
Wow! You have set me free,
You're alive and living in me.
Knowing You're with me fills me with joy,
For my soul has been set free.
Wow! What a wonder You are,
Your greatness I proclaim.
You're worthy of glory, honour and power,
Forever I'll praise Your name.

If you remain in Me and My words live in you, you shall ask whatever you desire and it shall be done to you. John 15:7

6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:6

21 A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world. 22 Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you. 23 “And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. 24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. John 16:21-24

13 “No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.” Luke 16:13

"Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you." Luke 6:37

No temptation has taken you except what is common to man. God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted above what you are able, but will with the temptation also make the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13

6 But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:6-7

Character of the New Man
12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. 14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. Colossians 13:12-17

All Point's Bulletin by Wayne Rice
Thousands of cars are stolen every year in California, but in 1981, there was one car theft that made all the local papers and was the lead story on the evening news. The police had issued an all-points bulletin to find the missing car and to make contact with the person who stole it.
Why was this car theft getting so much attention? The owner of the stolen car had informed the police that on the front seat of the car was a box of crackers laced with a deadly poison. The car owner had planned to use the crackers as rat bait. So the police were desperately trying to find the thief not to punish him, but to save his life. They were afraid he would eat one of the crackers and die.
In the same way, our Heavenly Father pursues us - not because he wants to punish us but because he wants to save us. You may be running away from God because - like the car thief - you are a sinner. You have broken God's law.
But what you may not realize is that God is trying to rescue you, not condemn you. The penalty for your sin has been paid by Jesus Christ on the cross, and God wants to give you your freedom. So stop running and turn yourself in. Your life is at stake!
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6:23)

Dear God, mold and shape us into the people you want us to be. Teach us your good way and give us courage to follow it. Thank you for your interest in each of us, regardless of who we are or where we come from. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Ezekiel 33
1 Again the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 2 Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say unto them, When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman: 3 If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people; 4 Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head. 5 He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul. 6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand. 7 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me. 8 When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. 9 Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. 10 Therefore, O thou son of man, speak unto the house of Israel; Thus ye speak, saying, If our transgressions and our sins be upon us, and we pine away in them, how should we then live? 11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel? 12 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth. 13 When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it. 14 Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right; 15 If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die. 16 None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live. 17 Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal. 18 When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby. 19 But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby. 20 Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways. 21 And it came to pass in the twelfth year of our captivity, in the tenth month, in the fifth day of the month, that one that had escaped out of Jerusalem came unto me, saying, The city is smitten. 22 Now the hand of the Lord was upon me in the evening, afore he that was escaped came; and had opened my mouth, until he came to me in the morning; and my mouth was opened, and I was no more dumb. 23 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 24 Son of man, they that inhabit those wastes of the land of Israel speak, saying, Abraham was one, and he inherited the land: but we are many; the land is given us for inheritance. 25 Wherefore say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Ye eat with the blood, and lift up your eyes toward your idols, and shed blood: and shall ye possess the land? 26 Ye stand upon your sword, ye work abomination, and ye defile every one his neighbour's wife: and shall ye possess the land? 27 Say thou thus unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; As I live, surely they that are in the wastes shall fall by the sword, and him that is in the open field will I give to the beasts to be devoured, and they that be in the forts and in the caves shall die of the pestilence. 28 For I will lay the land most desolate, and the pomp of her strength shall cease; and the mountains of Israel shall be desolate, that none shall pass through. 29 Then shall they know that I am the Lord, when I have laid the land most desolate because of all their abominations which they have committed. 30 Also, thou son of man, the children of thy people still are talking against thee by the walls and in the doors of the houses, and speak one to another, every one to his brother, saying, Come, I pray you, and hear what is the word that cometh forth from the Lord. 31 And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness. 32 And, lo, thou art unto them as a very lovely song of one that hath a pleasant voice, and can play well on an instrument: for they hear thy words, but they do them not. 33 And when this cometh to pass, (lo, it will come,) then shall they know that a prophet hath been among them.

Dear God, guide us when we encounter those seeking the bread of life. Make us faithful, loving witnesses. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: https://bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply