Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09-01-2019, 06:38 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - September

September 1

Psalm 25:4-5 – Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

He will not let your foot slip—he who watches over you will not slumber. Psalm 121:3

John 15:9-17 9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given: and the government shall be on his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. - Isaiah 9:6
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2019, 08:35 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 2

My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Psalm 62:7

“Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.” (Colossians 4:5-6, NIV)

Matthew 7:7 – Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. (NIV)

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. ?—2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8 (NIV)

Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Colossians 3:23
Old 09-03-2019, 06:09 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 3

Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve... but as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. — Joshua 24:15

“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men” (Colossians 3:23, NIV).

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—?if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—?think about such things. ?—Philippians 4:8

And you yourself must be an example to them by doing good works of every kind. Let everything you do reflect the integrity and seriousness of your teaching. Titus 2:7
Old 09-04-2019, 08:35 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 4

So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. Galatians 3:26-27

2 Corinthians 5:17 – Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. ?—Psalm 51:10

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:16 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 5

The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust Him, and He helps me. — Psalm 28:7

Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Micah 6:8 NIV He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Numbers 6:24-26 “‘“The Lord bless you and keep you; 25 the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; 26 the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”’

"Stand up and praise the LORD your God, who is from everlasting to everlasting. Blessed be your glorious name, and may it be exalted above all blessing and praise." —Nehemiah 9:5b

Matthew 6:26-27 - 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
Old 09-06-2019, 06:28 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 6

I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 – Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

John 14:23 “Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.”

So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
Old 09-07-2019, 08:13 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 7

Philippians 4:6-7 NIV Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Romans 10:9 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Psalm 27:8 (NIV) My heart says of You, "Seek His face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek.

Thought: Our hearts are hungry for God. Nothing can fill that yearning but Him.

Psalm 141:3 – Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.

Psalm 27:1 1 The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?

The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. — Zephaniah 3:17
Old 09-08-2019, 08:27 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 8

As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. Psalm 18:30

Psalm 37:3-6 3 Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. 4 Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. 5 Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: 6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun.

We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps. — Proverbs 16:9

Psalm 150:6 – Let everything that has breath and every breath of life praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!

1 Peter 4:8 NIV Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

Psalm 143:10 “Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.”
Old 09-09-2019, 08:48 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 9

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. — Ephesians 4:32

Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. —Hebrews 11:6

Psalm 127:1 1 Unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Hebrews 12:1
Old 09-10-2019, 06:45 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 10

And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins. Mark 11:25

"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the Lord, who has compassion for you. ?—Isaiah 54:10

Deuteronomy 6:5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

Answer me when I call to you, my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; have mercy on me and hear my prayer. – Psalm 4:1

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. - Philippians 2:3-4
Old 09-11-2019, 10:26 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 11

Psalm 62:2 – He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

Matthew 7:24-25 24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." ?—John 16:33

The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; you shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail. — Isaiah 58:11
Old 09-12-2019, 08:39 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 12

“God’s Word is a lamp to my feet, a light for my path.” (Psalm 119: 105)

“I will study Your commandments and reflect on Your ways. I will delight in Your principles and not forget Your Word.” (Psalm 119:15,16)

“Forever O’ Lord, Your Word stands firm in heaven.” (Psalm 119:89)

God is faithful: He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. – 1 Corinthians 10:13

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:15 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 13

“The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged” (Deuteronomy 31:8, NIV).

The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. — Psalm 103:8

He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20

Lamentations 3:22-26 22 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” 25 The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; 26 it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:59 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 14

The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

1 John 1:9 – If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

Jude 1:21 keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:53 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 15

For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. Hebrews 3:4

I am the Lord, the God of every person on the earth. Nothing is impossible for Me. — Jeremiah 32:27

Hebrews 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. — Ephesians 4:2
Post New ThreadReply