Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-09-2016, 08:07 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Topic of the week, words that begin with "S"

S is for Serenity Prayer. You can't wear it out, I am proof positive of that.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2016, 08:45 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

S is for Sobriety. Sobriety means soundness of mind. When I work the Steps and apply them to my life, I learn to live a new way of life, letting go of the past and living in today.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-11-2016, 12:22 AM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

S is for Service. I do not think I would have stayed sober if I hadn't got involved in service. I started at my group. Greeter was my favorite job. My sponsor told me to remember that I was only half of a hand shake. When I was two years sober, I got involved in institutions and was still doing 10 meetings a week because of it.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:33 PM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

S is for Sorry. It is a common courtesy to say "I am sorry," when we do something wrong. Yet I have found that it is meaningless to continue saying it and not changing my behavior. It starts to get old and meaningless, especially when you hear it over and over, and the actions are still hurtful and irresponsible. An amend isn't about saying, "I am sorry." It is about saying, I did wrong and I am trying to the best of my ability to change and mend my ways.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-14-2016, 12:42 AM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

S is for Sober. I was told that any fool can stay sober for one day. I wasn't too sure as I was born on April Fool's Day. When I came into recovery, I didn't think I was insane and I knew who God was. When I got to a year sober, I realized I didn't know who God was and went on a spiritual quest to find out who He was to me. I also came to the conclusion that I was totally insane, and it was the thinking behind my addiction that had ruled my life. My son said, "I never saw you drunk Mom." That means, he never saw me sober.

At my house, this meant get out of his way and don't rock his world and give him space.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:13 PM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

S is for Shield. The Bible says, "Put on the whole armor of God." We need to protect ourselves from the energies that are often projected onto us, even though we may be unaware, and the person may not be aware either. I can get caught up on other people's stuff, which is not healthy or my job to take on.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:18 AM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

S is for Surprise. You will be surprised at how different the world looks like when you get sober. You start to see the birds and don't get angry when they sing. Me, I threatened one with a shoe one morning. You notice the flowers and all of God's Creation, and you learn to take time to smell the roses.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-17-2016, 05:00 AM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

S is for Show. Don't just tell me, show me! I needed to learn to walk my talk. It is one thing to talk about it, but it is another thing, if you don't follow your thoughts with actions and show that you are a recovered alcoholic/addict. We will always be alcoholics/addicts, but when we follow the program, we can healed and recover from that hopeless state of mind and body.

When people look at you, do they see someone who is a recovering alcoholic/addict?

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply