Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2014, 02:14 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 4/11

It becomes a hard life when we pray to God for all sorts of help but we won't be quiet, sit back, and listen for the answers God provides. Don't dominate the conversation: Be silent and listen a little. In other words, meditate. Quiet down and observe your life. --John-Roger

Never let the enemy tell you that you are worthless or insignificant. You have value in the eyes of God so great that it was worth dying for. You are a blessing to the world. You are so precious to God that heaven will not be complete without you.

God gives to us so that we may give to others.

To love GOD is to love the fullness of GOD; He is the wholeness of all of His creation.

You are a tree of life. Fill your branches with the fruits of the Spirit - which grow from the water of life.

"If I have learned anything in this life, it is that we should never underestimate what God can do if we just allow him to work."

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Someone in your life today needs a reminder that they're one of God's children!

The Rented Room Author Unknown
Our house was directly across the street from the clinic entrance of Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. We lived downstairs and rented the upstairs rooms to outpatients at the clinic.
One summer evening as I was fixing supper, there was a knock at the door. I opened it to see a truly awful looking man.
"Why, he's hardly taller than my eight-year-old," I thought as I stared at the stooped, shriveled body. But the appalling thing was his face, lopsided from swelling, red and raw.
Yet his voice was pleasant as he said, "Good evening. I've come to see if you've a room for just one night. I came for a treatment this morning from the eastern shore, and there's no bus 'til morning."
He told me he'd been hunting for a room since noon but with no success, no one seemed to have a room. "I guess it's my face... I know it looks terrible, but my doctor says with a few more treatments..."
For a moment I hesitated, but his next words convinced me, "I could sleep in this rocking chair on the porch. My bus leaves early in the morning."
I told him we would find him a bed, but to rest on the porch. I went inside and finished getting supper. When we were ready, I asked the old man if he would join us. "No thank you. I have plenty." And he held up a brown paper bag.
When I had finished the dishes, I went out on the porch to talk with him a few minutes. It didn't take a long time to see that this old man had an oversized heart crowded into that tiny body.
He told me he fished for a living to support his daughter, her five children, and her husband, who was hopelessly crippled from a back injury.
He didn't tell it by way of complaint; in fact, every other sentence was prefaced with a thanks to God for a blessing.
He was grateful that no pain accompanied his disease, which was apparently a form of skin cancer. He thanked God for giving him the strength to keep going.
At bedtime, we put a camp cot in the children's room for him. When I got up in the morning, the bed linens were neatly folded and the little man was out on the porch.
He refused breakfast, but just before he left for his bus, haltingly, as if asking a great favor, he said, "Could I please come back and stay the next time I have a treatment? I won't put you out a bit. I can sleep fine in a chair." He paused a moment and then added, "Your children made me feel at home. Grownups are bothered by my face, but children don't seem to mind."
I told him he was welcome to come again.
And on his next trip he arrived a little after seven in the morning. As a gift, he brought a big fish and a quart of the largest oysters I had ever seen. He said he had shucked them that morning before he left so that they'd be nice and fresh.
I knew his bus left at 4:00 a.m., and I wondered what time he had to get up in order to do this for us.
In the years he came to stay overnight with us, there was never a time that he did not bring us fish or oysters or vegetables from his garden.
Other times we received packages in the mail, always by special delivery; fish and oysters packed in a box of fresh young spinach or kale, every leaf carefully washed.
Knowing that he must walk three miles to mail these and knowing how little money he had made the gifts doubly precious.
When I received these little remembrances, I often thought of a comment our next-door neighbor made after he left that first morning. "Did you keep that awful looking man last night? I turned him away! You can lose roomers by putting up such people!"
Maybe we did lose roomers once or twice. But oh! If only they could have known him, perhaps their illness would have been easier to bear. I know our family will always be grateful to have known him; from him we learned what it was to accept the bad without complaint and the good with gratitude to God.
Recently, I was visiting a friend who has a greenhouse. As she showed me her flowers, we came to the most beautiful one of all, a golden chrysanthemum bursting with blooms.
But to my great surprise, it was growing in an old dented, rusty bucket. I thought to myself, "If this were my plant, I'd put it in the loveliest container I had!"
My friend changed my mind. "I ran short of pots," she explained, "and knowing how beautiful this one would be, I thought it wouldn't mind starting out in this old pail. It's just for a little while, till I can put it out in the garden."
She must have wondered why I laughed so delightedly, but I was imagining just such a scene in heaven.
"Here's an especially beautiful one," God might have said when he came to the soul of the sweet old fisherman.
"He won't mind starting in this small body."
All this happened long ago -- and now, in God's garden, how tall this lovely soul must stand.

The White Suitcase by Sally I. Kennedy
"I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint." (Jeremiah 31:25)
Many years ago our first grader, little white suitcase in hand, was ready to leave in search of a better place. She had been invited to go to her room to think over some behavior, and apparently thought it the perfect time to pack up and get out of Dodge. I watched from the window as she doggedly made her way to the end of the sidewalk. At the street corner she sat down on the little suitcase, pondering her next move.
Have you ever had a day where you are just ready to throw in the towel and say, "Enough's enough!"? A redundant question, as we all have had, or will have. It's just part of life. We never know what kind of curve we might be thrown, as much as we plan things out. Some days you feel like packing up, cashing it all in and running away to a south seas island.
A geographic change doesn't work, though. And as often as we've heard the saying, 'When you get lemons, make lemonade', that doesn't always do the trick either.
I walked outside and walked back home with my daughter; the moment had passed and everything was fine.
God has a great message for us in how to handle times like that. The message is He wants to handle it for you. All you have to do is come to Him. In Matthew 11, Jesus says, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened...and you will find rest, relief, ease, refreshment, recreation and blessed quiet for your souls." Because He is the same yesterday, today, and forever, we know His Word is true and He makes good on His promises.
The next time you think of packing up and running away, remember there's somewhere to go and Someone to go to first.
That's good news.
"The Lord is my shepherd... he leads me beside still waters, he refreshes my soul." (Psalm 23:1-3)

CAN YOU RELATE? Author Unknown
I drive into work listening to gospel music or a pre-recorded sermon on the radio. I get out of the car and walk to the building entrance.
As I open the building door I leave just enough room for me to get in and I leave Jesus standing outside as the door closes behind me. He's standing with His palms on the door glass and watches me as I get on the elevator.
His eyes are sad and He turns and goes to sit on the stone bench. There He'll sit patiently and wait for me for the next 9 hours.
First two hours of work - I fuss and complain about things not going right. Jesus, sitting with his chin in His hand looks upward toward the building wishing He could help me.
By lunch time - I'm flustered, regretting I work in this place and sputtering bitterness all over folks.
Jesus comes around to the side of the building where my cubicle is located. He looks up from the ground trying to get my attention but I can't hear him; my focus is on my problems.
Jesus goes back to the front of the building, sits down and continues to wait for me. He thinks to Himself as He looks up to the third floor, "She went in there defenseless. If only she had taken me in there with her. When will she learn?"
End of the day - I'm pooped, run down, no energy, irritable & frustrated. I leave the building & Jesus gets up happily to greet me but I'm in no mood for Him now. The last thing I want to do is be bothered with anyone.
God just actually showed me this is how I'VE been acting. He showed me each act and worst of all, He let Me feel a small portion of how grieved he was because of my actions and attitude. I left Jesus standing outside, almost let the door smack him in His face.
From time to time our jobs overwhelm us and we completely forget to "take Jesus with us". We may not go around cursing anyone out or punching anyone in the face (hopefully not) but what are our actions saying about us and about who or whose we are?
We are the salt of the Earth and the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. Matt. 5:13-15.
We should be bringing peace to our jobs and not be the cause of confusion. We should be the ones to bring our gifts & talents to the table to help in WHATEVER area God has chosen for us to work in.
Col.3:23-24-"Whatever you do, work at it with ALL your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

LEAN INTO THE WIND by Susan Titus Osborn
As I scanned the horizon, my eyes focused on a sailboat gliding out of the bay. The boat cruised smoothly for a while, but then the wind changed directions. The mainsail flapped uselessly in the breeze, and the boat slowed to a near halt. The boat's pilot turned the rudder and guided his craft back into the wind. The sails caught the breeze and filled, and soon the vessel glided swiftly out of the harbor.
While I watched the sailor fight the wind, I thought of a parallel in my own life. I had been working through a situation that caused inner turmoil and suffering. I felt like the mainsail, flapping in the wind with no sense of direction. When my husband of twenty-two years was suddenly no longer a part of my life, feelings of inadequacy and dozens of unanswerable questions filled my mind.
Then there was the adjustment of trying to balance a career, make ends meet, and still find the time to be a good mother to my two sons. It made for long workdays that left me tired and resentful. I longed for those happier, calmer days when I wasn't fighting the wind or battling my inner pain. Why had my world suddenly changed? Anger sapped my strength. In frustration, I lashed out at God. "Lord, take this hurt away. Why have these things happened to me?"
Nevertheless, the situation remained unchanged; my questions went unanswered. and God seemed silent and unreachable. I kept racing around, fragmented and torn, never pausing to listen to the still, small voice of God.
However, after a period of time, a remarkable thing happened. Instead of mentally avoiding the problems in my life and blaming God, I decided to take a different approach. Perhaps what I had assumed to be God's lack of concern was actually my lack of ability to listen to God. I learned to lean into the wind instead of avoiding or fighting it.
Like that sailboat slanting back into the wind, I deliberately decided to find joy in the midst of my circumstances. Instead of asking God to remove my problems, I prayed that He would stand by me throughout the ordeal. Then I took the time to listen for His reply. I found time to spend in His Word each day in spite of my schedule.
Although I was still a single parent, joggling finances, career, and teenagers, I no longer felt overwhelmed; depending on His strength to guide me brought the peace that I'd been seeking.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philipians 4:13)

WHO INFLUENCES WHOM? by Alan Smith
There's a story that Thomas Wheeler, CEO of the Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, tells on himself.
He and his wife were driving along an interstate highway when he noticed that their car was low on gas. Wheeler got off the highway at the next exit and soon found a rundown gas station with just one gas pump. He asked the attendant to fill the tank and check the oil, then went for a little walk around the station to stretch his legs.
As he was returning to the car, he noticed that the attendant and his wife were engaged in an animated conversation. The conversation stopped as he paid the attendant. But as he was getting back into the car, he saw the attendant wave and heard him say, "It was great talking to you."
As they drove out of the station, Wheeler asked his wife if she knew the man. She said that she did. They had gone to high school together and had dated steadily for about a year. " Boy, were you lucky that I came along," bragged Wheeler. "If you had married him, you'd be the wife of a gas station attendant instead of the wife of a chief executive officer."
"My dear," replied his wife, "if I had married him, he'd be the chief executive officer and you'd be the gas station attendant!"
So, which of the two had the greater influence on the other – the husband or the wife? You see, in any relationship, both parties have an influence on the other. After 34 years of marriage, I have influenced my wife to be different than she was 34 years ago (she now enjoys playing computer games) and she has influenced me to be different than I was 34 years ago (I eat more vegetables than I used to!). It would be interesting to consider which of us has had a greater pull on the other through the years.
But an even more important question is this: Who has the greater influence on the other -- you or the world? That is to say, has the world shaped you and made you what you are today, or have you changed the world around you by your influence on it?
We are called by God not to be transformed by the world, but to be a transforming influence on the world. In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus described our calling in this way: "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." (Matthew 5:13-16)
Make a decision today not to let the world pull you away from God. Rather determine to live in such a way that will draw the people around you closer to God.

It's Time To Thaw by Diane Eaton
Hebrews 3:15b – Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion. (NIV)
Since the first snowfall last October, winter has gripped many of us in a relentless deep freeze. At times, our lives came to a frozen standstill. Cancelled plans and commitments became the norm. The ground froze farther down than usual, freezing many buried water pipes. It was as if we lived in C. S. Lewis's Narnia, where the wicked White Witch's spell kept the land frozen in perpetual winter. If we had never known better days, we could easily have assumed that this was the norm, with no other season. But we know better. We know that the thaw must come!
Spiritual parallels are easy to spot here. Frozen pipes are like hardened hearts, insensitive to God's Spirit: Both are blocked on the inside; both prevent the flow of life-giving water; both can cause destruction resulting in the need for repair work, sometimes extensively. Hardened hearts can come from bitterness, unforgiveness, and above all, unbelief—that is, the inability to trust God. Lack of trust quenches the flow of God's life-giving Spirit in and through us. This condition has often become the norm among God's people—just as it was for ancient Israel. Habits and traditions become merely a form of godliness without the power; interest in Scripture and prayer dwindles. Whenever God's people get seized up in a spiritual winter, then it's time for a thaw, or, you could say, a Lenten season of repentance.
This past winter, my church in Kincardine succumbed to frozen pipes. The lineup of frozen pipe emergencies was so long that we had to cancel the entire week's schedule—even the Sunday service—because we were without water. But then we were blessed. A repairman came and used a heat gun to blow hot air onto the pipes and melt the ice. It worked! There was no need for a massive digging project, and we could reschedule the Sunday service. That episode reminded me of the breath of the Spirit blowing onto frozen hearts. Truly, only God's Spirit can bring about such a thaw. Without the breath of God, we would stay stuck in our frozen land of Narnia—forever.
Apparently frozen pipes can be prevented simply by letting a trickle of water continually run through the tap. That's all well and good to say. But we have to deal with reality: Pipes do freeze. And hearts do become hardened. We need the thaw. We need our personal seasons of Lent to open up our hearts to the life-giving Spirit of the resurrected Christ.
Joseph Scriven, the writer of the hymn, "What a friend we have in Jesus", was sensitive to our inner struggles—including our bent toward spiritual hardness. I discovered that by reading the original words in his own handwriting. Instead of the familiar words, "Are we weak and heavy laden", Scriven wrote, "Are we cold and unbelieving". I think it's a pity that those words disappeared from this hymn. They could help alert us to our need for the thawing Wind of God's Spirit—our own season of Lent.
May this be our prayer: Dear Lord, sensitize me to the spiritual condition of my inner being. Am I cold and unbelieving? Have I unknowingly slipped into a frozen, unyielding state of cynicism toward Your promises? O Lord, I depend on You for revelation. I submit my heart to You—that the wind of Your Spirit may blow freely and perform a miracle within—that I may become an effective conduit, always flowing with Your grace in this spiritually-frozen world of ours. Amen.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Watch for prime opportunities to have a reality check. Decisions you have made in the past will now come to a position of harvest, either good or bad. It is time to rise to a new level of spiritual reality where you can be more effective in doing what is good for you and My kingdom, says the Lord. Discernment will become clear when deception is removed. Proverbs 15:21 Folly is joy to him who is destitute of discernment, but a man of understanding walks uprightly.

Evaluate where you are spiritually by looking to see where you have been and how far you have come. And establish
awareness of where you are going. It is necessary to keep pace with My purposes for you at this time. These are days of defining moments that will carry you to divine destiny, says the Lord. 2 Peter 1:2-4 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Your encounters will reveal situations that would not only become distractions, but could cause you to feel disoriented. You need to keep your feet planted firmly on what is true and good. Entertaining any fantasy at all will result in a long and unfruitful ride. Stay present with Me, says the Lord, and look to Me for guidance. Be alert! 1 Corinthians 7:35 And this I say for your own profit, not that I may put a leash on you, but for what is proper, and that you may serve the Lord without distraction.

Yield to the work of renewal that I am performing in you, says the Lord. I am calling you to a higher place of strength and life. Rise up to take your place so that the life of My Spirit may be made manifest in and through you. Do not doubt this great work, but rather be part of My exhibition to the world of life, liberty, and righteousness. Romans 6:4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I hear the Spirit of the Lord saying: You have heard, now apply My word. You have seen and, therefore, know the way that is prepared for you. Walk in that way, and all things will come to a place of victory in your life. For, if you have recognized your potential in Me this day then that foundation of faith, that great foundation of faith, will release all things that are necessary for you to live a victorious life. Your faith will be intact when the devil comes in like a flood, and you will raise up the standard of victory even before he comes into your house. So, run to the wall, raise the standard and declare your freedom. Declare that you are victorious in all situations, ruling over your circumstances, for they shall come to a place of application and accountability in Me. And, when that happens it will become an opportunity for you to come higher than ever before.

Eagles by Irene Bedard Martin
Lord, help me to soar like an eagle,
strong and true,
steadfast in my faith of you.
Lord, help me to soar like an eagle.
Let me fly with the angels.
Let me soar with the joy of knowing you.
Let each heart beat bring me closer to you.
In the wind I hear your voice whispering my name.
Higher and higher I go,
I'll never be the same,
Your love has changed me.
No longer tethered,
instead set free,
To soar.

"A Lovely Day To Praise The Lord" by Helen Gleason
It's a lovely day to praise the Lord
For a day that's fresh and new,
That's filled with nature's beauty,
Created just for you.
It's a lovely day to look, to see,
The flowers, the trees, the birds,
The music of their voices rings,
None sweeter can be heard.
It's a lovely day to thank the Lord,
As all around we see
The vastness of blue skies above,
and feel the summer breeze.
It's a lovely day to think of how
He cares for us each day.
As we journey in this life,
He's there to lead the way.

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:32

But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children. Psalm 103:17

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Peter 2:9

And His name will be the hope of the world." Mathhew 12:21

And anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Acts 2:25

The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other. Galatians 5:19-26

So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:31-34

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

THE PARABLE OF THE THREE TREES Author Unknown
Once there were three trees on a hill in the woods. They were discussing their hopes and dreams when the first tree said,
"Someday I hope to be a treasure chest. I could be filled with gold, silver and precious gems. I could be decorated with intricate carving and everyone would see the beauty."
Then the second tree said, "Someday I will be a mighty ship. I will take kings and queens across the waters and sail to the corners of the world. Everyone will feel safe in me because of the strength of my hull."
Finally the third tree said, "I want to grow to be the tallest and straightest tree in the forest. People will see me on top of the hill and look up to my branches, and think of the heavens and God and how close to them I am reaching. I will be the greatest tree of all time and people will always remember me."
After a few years of praying that their dreams would come true, a group of woodsmen came upon the trees. When one came to the first tree he said, "This looks like a strong tree, I think I should be able to sell the wood to a carpenter" and he began cutting it down. The tree was happy, because he knew that the carpenter would make him into a treasure chest.
At the second tree a woodsman said, "This looks like a strong tree, I should be able to sell it to the shipyard." The second tree was happy because he knew he was on his way to becoming a mighty ship.
When the woodsmen came upon the third tree, the tree was frightened because he knew that if they cut him down his dreams would not come true.
One of the woodsmen said, "I don't need anything special from my tree so I'll take this one", and he cut it down."
When the first tree arrived at the carpenters, he was made into a feed box for animals. He was then placed in a barn and filled with hay. This was not at all what he had prayed for.
The second tree was cut and made into a small fishing boat. His dreams of being a mighty ship and carrying kings had come to an end. The third tree was cut into large pieces and left alone in the dark. The years went by, and the trees forgot about their dreams.
Then one day, a man and woman came to the barn. She gave birth and they placed the baby in the hay in the feed box that was made from the first tree.
The man wished that he could have made a crib for the baby, but this manger would have to do. The tree could feel the importance of this event and knew that it had held the greatest treasure of all time.
Years later, a group of men got in the fishing boat made from the second tree. One of them was tired and went to sleep. While they were out on the water, a great storm arose and the tree didn't think it was strong enough to keep the men safe. The men woke the sleeping man, and he stood and said "Peace" and the storm stopped. At this time, the tree knew that it had carried the King of Kings in its boat.
Finally, someone came and got the third tree. It was carried through the streets as the people mocked the man who was carrying it.
When they came to a stop, the man was nailed to the tree and raised in the air to die at the top of a hill.
When Sunday came, the tree came to realize that it was strong enough to stand at the top of the hill and be as close to God as was possible, because Jesus had been crucified on it.
The moral of this story is that when things don't seem to be going your way, always know that God has a plan for you. If you place your trust in Him, He will give you great gifts. Each of the trees got what they wanted, just not in the way they had imagined.
We don't always know what God's plans are for us. We just know that His ways are not our ways, but His ways are always best.

Lord, help me to keep my thoughts pure, my words true, and my deeds kind; that alone or with others, I shall be at one with thee. God, be in my head, and in my understanding; God, be in my eyes, and in my looking; God, be in my mouth, and in my speaking. God, be in my heart, and in my thinking. God, be at my end, and at my departing. --Sarum Primer, 1558

Read Through The Bible
2 Chronicles 17
Jehoshaphat Reigns in Judah
1 Then Jehoshaphat his son reigned in his place, and strengthened himself against Israel. 2 And he placed troops in all the fortified cities of Judah, and set garrisons in the land of Judah and in the cities of Ephraim which Asa his father had taken. 3 Now the Lord was with Jehoshaphat, because he walked in the former ways of his father David; he did not seek the Baals, 4 but sought the God of his father, and walked in His commandments and not according to the acts of Israel. 5 Therefore the Lord established the kingdom in his hand; and all Judah gave presents to Jehoshaphat, and he had riches and honor in abundance. 6 And his heart took delight in the ways of the Lord; moreover he removed the high places and wooden images from Judah. 7 Also in the third year of his reign he sent his leaders, Ben-Hail, Obadiah, Zechariah, Nethanel, and Michaiah, to teach in the cities of Judah. 8 And with them he sent Levites: Shemaiah, Nethaniah, Zebadiah, Asahel, Shemiramoth, Jehonathan, Adonijah, Tobijah, and Tobadonijah—the Levites; and with them Elishama and Jehoram, the priests. 9 So they taught in Judah, and had the Book of the Law of the Lord with them; they went throughout all the cities of Judah and taught the people. 10 And the fear of the Lord fell on all the kingdoms of the lands that were around Judah, so that they did not make war against Jehoshaphat. 11 Also some of the Philistines brought Jehoshaphat presents and silver as tribute; and the Arabians brought him flocks, seven thousand seven hundred rams and seven thousand seven hundred male goats. 12 So Jehoshaphat became increasingly powerful, and he built fortresses and storage cities in Judah. 13 He had much property in the cities of Judah; and the men of war, mighty men of valor, were in Jerusalem. 14 These are their numbers, according to their fathers’ houses. Of Judah, the captains of thousands: Adnah the captain, and with him three hundred thousand mighty men of valor; 15 and next to him was Jehohanan the captain, and with him two hundred and eighty thousand; 16 and next to him was Amasiah the son of Zichri, who willingly offered himself to the Lord, and with him two hundred thousand mighty men of valor. 17 Of Benjamin: Eliada a mighty man of valor, and with him two hundred thousand men armed with bow and shield; 18 and next to him was Jehozabad, and with him one hundred and eighty thousand prepared for war. 19 These served the king, besides those the king put in the fortified cities throughout all Judah.

Lord, I love You and I need You, come into my heart, Today. For without You I can do nothing.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply