Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2014, 12:18 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 8/8

"Lord, help me to remember...humility is the lesson, life is the classroom, all people are my teachers, and class is never over." --Sheila Price

Your Heavenly Father will never let you down!

God's word is nectar for the hungry soul.

It is in the silence of the heart that God speaks. --Mother Teresa

God makes me strong. I see myself as I really am - strong. With God's help, I am not weak. I have what it takes. Thank you God for my strength.

God is love, God is all. (my mantra)

If ye have faith - nothing shall be impossible to you. (Bible)

God keeps current on every detail of my life.

Sitting On The Fence Author Unknown
There was an incredibly large group of people assembled. On one side of the group stood Jesus. On the other side of the group stood Satan. Separating them, running through the group, was a fence.
The scene set, both Jesus and Satan began calling to the people in the group and, one by one, each having made up his or her mind, each went to either Jesus or Satan.
This kept going, and eventually Jesus had gathered around him a group of people from the larger crowds, as did Satan. But one man joined neither group. He climbed the fence that was there and just sat down on it. Then Jesus and his people left and disappeared. So too did Satan and his people.
And the man on the fence sat alone.
As this man sat there, Satan came back, and appeared to be looking for something that he'd lost. The man said, "Have you lost something?" Satan looked straight at him and replied, "No, there you are. Come with me."
"But," said the man, "I sat on the fence. I chose neither you nor Him.
"You don't understand..." said Satan. "I own the fence."
"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and mammon." Matthew 6:24

No Expiration Date by Janet Perez Eckles
"Sure, Mom, but I'm a little low on gas," Jeff, my college-age son said when I asked for a ride.
Since the time each of my three sons received their driver's license, driving their blind Mom was part of the process. And to their joy, I never comment about their driving skills. I don't correct them, nor make any criticism. And perhaps for that reason, they're always willing to provide transportation.
I held Jeff's arm as we made our way to the driveway. He opened the car door. "Let me help you, Mom."
As he slammed the squeaky door, he warned, "Keep your feet back, Mom. There are wires hanging from the dashboard."
"Yikes!"
I settled in my seat and with one hand, I lifted the roof lining that rested on the top of my head.
"Sorry Mom, I need to glue that back up."
A loud pop startled me. "What was that?"
"Just a loose wire in the radio -- got to slam it to make it work."
Jeff's car, with each turn of its bald tires, begs to be laid to rest at the nearest salvage yard. But Jeff's appearance? Gracious, what a contrast! Neatly shaven, clean haircut and dressed with stylish designer clothes.
The condition of Jeff's car and his personal grooming mirrors my life. I encountered devastating malfunctions while moving down the road of life. Adversity had rusted my soul, dented my confidence, and scratched at my sense of purpose. Worn out, I was a candidate for the emotional junk yard.
But when it all threatened to crumble, like Jeff's appearance, I kept one area of my life well guarded and cared for—my faith in Christ. And with each trial I encountered, my well polished trust in Him saved me from despair and defeat.
When I lost my sight, fear of living in darkness nearly devastated me, but God promised "to be a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
My husband's sudden unemployment threatened to drown us in financial ruin. But God's reminder lifted me to safety: "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you" (Isaiah 43:2)
And when the flames of sorrow scorched my heart after losing Jeff's 19-year-old brother to a senseless murder, God refreshed my soul: "When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." (Isaiah 43:2)
Whenever painful circumstances threaten to drive me toward the emotional salvage yard, my faith and trust in God's Word crafts an overhaul of my soul. It includes a warranty offered by God, the master mechanic--coverage for any future malfunctions in life. In large print, the guarantee reads: NO EXPIRATION - PAID IN FULL BY MY SON, JESUS.
Father, thank You for renewing my soul with the clarity of your promises and the comfort of Your Word. May I be a vehicle to carry an example of your restoring power that turns the darkness of sorrow to the glow of your grace.

THE JARS Author Unknown
The preacher placed two identical jars on the table next to the pulpit. He quoted I Samuel 16:7, "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."
He explained, "These jars came from the same factory, were made of the same materials, and can hold the same amount. But they are different." Then he upset one of the jars and it oozed out honey. He turned over the other jar and vinegar spilled out.
"When a jar is upset, whatever is in it comes out. Until the jars were upset, they looked alike. The difference lay within, and could not be seen. When they were upset, their contents were revealed. Until we are upset, we put on a good front. But when we are upset, we reveal our innermost thoughts and attitudes, for "out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks" (Luke 6:45). What if someone tipped you over today? What would flow out? Would you reveal the "honey" of grace and patience, or the "vinegar" of anger and sarcasm?

P.U.S.H. Author Unknown
A man was sleeping at night in his cabin when suddenly his room filled with light and the Savior appeared. The Lord told the man he had work for him to do, and showed him a large rock in front of his cabin. The Lord explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might. This the man did, day after day.
For many years he toiled from sun up to sun down, his shoulders set squarely against the cold, massive surface of the unmoving rock, pushing with all his might. Each night the man returned to his cabin sore, and worn out, feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain. Seeing that the man was showing signs of discouragement, the adversary decided to enter the picture by placing thoughts into the man's weary mind: "You have been pushing against that rock for a long time, and it hasn't budged. Why kill yourself over this? You are never going to move it." Thus giving the man the impression that the task was impossible and that he was a failure. These thoughts discouraged and disheartened the man. "Why kill myself over this?" he thought. "I'll just put in my time, giving just the minimum effort and that will be good enough." And that is what he planned to do until one day he decided to make it a matter of prayer and take his troubled thoughts to the Lord.
"Lord" he said, "I have labored long and hard in your service, putting all my strength to do that which you have asked. Yet, after all this time, I have not even budged that rock by half a millimeter. What is wrong? Why am I failing?"
The Lord responded compassionately, "My friend, when I asked you to serve me and you accepted, I told you that your task was to push against the rock with all, your strength, which you have done. Never once did I mention to you that I expected you to move it. Your task was to push, and now you come to me, with your strength spent, thinking that you have failed. But, is that really so? Look at yourself. Your arms are strong and muscled, your back sinewy and brown, your hands are callused from constant pressure, and your legs have become massive and hard. Through opposition you have grown much and your abilities now surpass that which you used to have. Yet you haven't moved the rock. But your calling was to be obedient and to push and to exercise your faith and trust in My wisdom. This you have done. I, my friend, will now move the rock."
At times, when we hear a word from God, we tend to use our own intellect to decipher what He wants, when actually what God wants is just simple obedience and faith in Him.... By all means, exercise the faith that moves mountains, but know that it is still God who moves the mountains.
P.U.S.H!
When everything seems to go wrong,...just P.U.S.H.!
When the job gets you down,...just P.U.S.H.!
When people don't react the way you think they should,...just P.U.S.H.!
When your money looks funny and the bills are due,...just P.U.S.H.!
When you want to tell them off for whatever the reason,...just P.U.S.H.!
When people just don't understand you,...just P.U.S.H.!
P.U.S.H -- Pray Until Something Happens!!!!!

Ten Unshakable Promises by Roy Lessin
1. God has a purpose for your life - It is no accident that you are alive today. You are here by God's choosing. You were born at this time in History to fulfill His purpose for this generation. He has given you all the light you need to know His will, and He has given you all the grace you need to do His will. If you are committed to His will, there is nothing that can keep you from it.
2. God is in charge - God has not retreated somewhere in the universe and gone into hiding. He is today where He has always been - on His throne. There is no king or ruler that has more authority than God; there is no political figure that has more influence than God; there is no nation that has more control than God. No one can out-think Him or out-smart Him. He is God Almighty. If you have placed your life in His hands, He is in charge of your life and all you do.
3. God is sovereign - Nothing can stop His plan or frustrate His purposes. God is not worried about what will happen or what He will be able to do. Nothing takes Him by surprise. He sees the future and He is already there. He knows where He is leading your life and He knows how to get you there. If you follow Him, you will find that He makes no mistakes.
4. God's Word is dependable - All Scripture is God's written Word. It is 100% reliable because God is 100% infallible. The Scriptures have endured the test of time. Men have tried to destroy them but they still remain. Men have tried to dispute them but they have had the final say in every argument. Men have tried to refute them but they stand over each man's grave as a living testimony to all that is true, righteous, and eternal. If you obey His Word you will never have regrets.
5. You belong to a Kingdom that cannot be shaken - Throughout history kings have been overthrown, leaders have fallen from power, kingdoms have been conquered, armies have been defeated, riches have been depleted, and fortresses have toppled over. It is only in the Kingdom of God that anyone can find true rest and security. No rebellion can break down its gates, no weapon can penetrate its borders, and no warrior can come against its King. The way of the Kingdom is where your feet can walk; the truth of the Kingdom is what your faith can embrace; the love of the Kingdom is what your heart can give away.
6. You are covered by the blood of Jesus Christ - When Jesus came, He came and shed His blood to save you, cleanse you, forgive you, and deliver you from the power of the devil. His blood has bought you, and the enemy has no claim upon your life. You are His and His alone. He is your Redeemer, and He has taken full responsibility for your life since the day you gave your heart to Him. Because of His blood, your future is secure, your inheritance is guaranteed, and your destiny is certain.
7. God has given you all that you need to serve Him - The grace of God covers you, the presence of God is in you, the angels of God are with you, the arms of God are around you, the gifts of God are for you, and the power of God is upon you. He has not abandoned you or left you in this world as an orphan, alone and forsaken. God is for you, the Holy Spirit is in you, Jesus is with you, and all the heavenly hosts are on your side.
8. Jesus Christ is coming back - The outcome of all things has already been determined. Jesus is the winner. He is without rival in the universe. No evil, no outlaw, no terrorist or anarchist will be standing in the end. Every enemy of God will be defeated, every false prophet will be exposed, every evil spirit will be chained, and every accusing tongue will be silenced. The final chapter in the Book of Life has already been written, and there will be no need for rewrites or revisions. All that remains is for its writings to be fulfilled. One day soon, you will forever be with the Lord.
9. God loves you and will not fail you - You are God's child and He is your Father. He loves and cares for you more than you will ever know. All that He is, He is for you. The depth of His love for you cannot be measured, and its height cannot be scaled. He wants you to trust Him completely because He will not fail you. When you go through trials, He will keep you from defeat, and when you face temptations He will keep you from shame. When the enemy comes in like a flood, He will raise up a standard against Him.
10. Jesus Christ will never let you go - He is with you always. No one can pluck you out of His hand, so you need not fear any evil. He is daily praying for you, and His prayers are being answered. He is preparing a place for you in His Father's house, and He will come for you. If you ever question His love for you, just look at His hands. Jesus will never ask you to do something without His grace. In the dark times He will be your light. In troubled times He will be your security. In uncertain times He will be your guidance. In fearful times He will be your peace. You will never face a day without Him; you will never take a step without His presence walking beside you; you will never face a need without His supply; you will never face a circumstance that He can't bring you through.

Do You Feel The Heat? by Rhonda DeYoung
A refiner in Biblical times had a special way of purifying his silver. Using a large pot, he placed ore (with a high silver content that was mined from the earth) inside. He would build a huge, blazing fire underneath and carefully waited and watched as the contents started to melt. First he skimmed large amounts of sediment from the top with a wooden spoon. Knowing the silver was not pure he made the fire hotter by add more wood to the already bright flames.
Soon the intense heat would cause impure particles to surface and these, too, were skimmed off of the liquid metal. Still not satisfied with the refinement, the worker turned up the heat with an even hotter flame by using his densest wood. Although this was a long process, the refiner never left his post. He doesn't want to injure the silver by leaving it on the heat too long.
"It is ready" he announced to his new apprentice. With a questioning look the young man readies the molds. The master refiner removed the pot from the heat and allowed the apprentice to look inside. He announced, "You know the silver is perfectly refined when you can see a reflection of yourself. Now it is ready for use."
When was the last time the "heat" was turned up in your life? Maybe your relationships seemed to burn your broken heart or a health problem felt like constant fire or the all-too-common financial hot coals were burning your pocket book. What knowledge or change of personality or insight did you gain from the experience?
The intention of the high heat allowed God to remove the sediment from your character that kept Him from seeing His reflection in your life. He refined character with the blazing warmth of troublesome times in order to remove any particles of self-reliance or disobedience. The surface of a heated heart shimmered with hope. His image soon appeared, as an outline of The Refiner's Reflection. That last bit of high temperature brought into focus a clear image of the Refiner. You are ready for his use.
Zechariah 13:9 "This third I will bring into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.'"

ORDINARY MEN by Henry Blackaby
When God was ready to judge the world with a flood, He came to Noah. When He desired to build a nation for Himself, He turned to Abraham. When He heard His children groaning under Egyptian bondage, He appeared in a burning bush to Moses. They were three of the most ordinary of men. But God had work to do, and He knew just who to do it with.
God has always given His people assignments that are too big for them to handle alone, so that a watching world can see "not what we can do" but what God can do.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Hide yourself in the secret place of My presence, says the Lord. You must stay hidden until the onslaught passes by. I will keep you safe as long as you trust Me to protect you. Let the unction of My Spirit and My still, small voice lead you away from danger and harm. I know where you are at all times. You are the apple of My eye, and I will defend you with My power and might. Psalms 17:8 Keep me as the apple of Your eye; hide me under the shadow of Your wings.

I want you to view this as a new day, a new time, and a new order. Put troubling things behind you and look for new opportunities to better express My kingdom. I speak not only of the realm of the Spirit, but also of the natural realm and your sphere of influence. This is a time when simplicity will be of greater importance than complexity, says the Lord. 2 Corinthians 1:12 For our boasting is this: the testimony of our conscience that we conducted ourselves in the world in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom but by the grace of God, and more abundantly toward you.

Be still and sense the glory of My presence, says the Lord. I am drawing you closer so that you can gain greater spiritual perception. I want you to see and understand what I am doing now and in the days ahead, but you must quiet your inner chatter and let Me fill you with light. Let go of the things that stand in the way of peace. Psalms 46:10a Be still, and know that I am God.

Growth is the epitome of incremental change, and your desire for spiritual growth requires change. The only thing holding you back is your resistance. You can't keep things the way they are and grow at the same time. Something has to give, and that would be your will. Be willing to let go of everything that has outlived its usefulness in your environment, says the Lord. Philippians 3:13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead.

Maintain vitality in spiritual reality, and refuse to get stuck in the issues of life. This is a time when you need to rise above emotional responses and all things that keep you in bondage, says the Lord. It is My desire that you walk in freedom in all things. Systematically extricate yourself from everything that opposes and prevents your complete liberty. Proverbs 4:23 Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Do you understand the power of the cross? It was the power of the cross, the cross on which the blood of Christ was shed and afforded you the opportunity to be sinless-- a son of God. The power of the cross points the way to victory. The Blood covers your sins and gives you an overcoming nature by which you can live in a position of victory. So, be victorious, says the Lord.

The Lord does not distinguish us
By age, race or sex
We are all His children
One and the same
We are brothers and sisters
Put here to do His will
To lift each other up
Together we spread His love and word
Written by: Tammy B 7/26/02

Today, when I am talking to God,
I won't list the things I need done.
I'll kneel in prayer, know He's there,
and thank Him for His Son. --Terri

"I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. They looked to Him and were radiant, and their faces were not ashamed. This poor man cried out, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. Psalm 34:4-6

Be still, and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure. 1 John 3:1-3

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith." Romans 1:16-17

Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth. Serve the LORD with
gladness; come before Him with joyful singing. Psalm 100:1-2

One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?" "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these." Mark 12:28-31

"He will cover you with His feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge." Psalm 91:4

Time to Speak Up by Steve May
There are times when it feels like God is speaking to you left and right: every Bible verse, every sermon, every conversation, every song is like it came straight from above. During these times, the best thing to do is keep quiet and let God speak. Your job is to listen. And take notes.
And then, there are those seasons when it seems that God has stopped speaking. Expectations get put on hold and inspiration is on short-supply. What should you do then?
When God seems silent, that's the time for you to speak up.
Speak to the mountain.
"If anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them." (Mark 11:23)
The way you speak about your obstacles (and the way you speak to them) indicates how determined you are to confront them head on.
Speak to the people around you.
Give thanks to the LORD and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done. (Psalm 105:1)
Instead of going on and on about the difficulty of waiting things out, let your conversations be full of grace. Keep talking about all that God has done for you. Tell others about his history of goodness in your life; it helps you avoid the "what have you done for me lately" attitude.
Speak to the Father again and again.
In addition to Paul's admonition to give thanks for everything and to pray without ceasing, we have this word from Isaiah...
You who call on the LORD, give yourselves no rest, and give him no rest till he establishes Jerusalem and makes her the praise of the earth. (Isaiah 62:6-7)
I love the phrase give him no rest. Have you ever had a child wear you out with repeated requests? I used to tell my kids to stop. God tells his children the opposite. He wants you to ask and ask and keep on asking.
God knows that it's quiet in your life right now. He knows you're tempted to give in to fear when answers don't come easy. That's why he invites you to keep calling on his name, to give him no rest until he establishes his work in your life.
When God seems silent, that's your signal not to be.
Speak up. Speak his Word every chance you get. Speak it to the obstacles you face. Speak it to the people you meet. And every moment of the day, speak it to the Father who has promised to hear, and to act, on your behalf.

Lord, into Your hands I place this day,
All that I have and do and say;
Oh, grant that every hour be filled
With thoughts and actions You have willed. --Green

Read Through The Bible
2 Chronicles 34
1 Josiah was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem one and thirty years. 2 And he did that which was right in the sight of the Lord, and walked in the ways of David his father, and declined neither to the right hand, nor to the left. 3 For in the eighth year of his reign, while he was yet young, he began to seek after the God of David his father: and in the twelfth year he began to purge Judah and Jerusalem from the high places, and the groves, and the carved images, and the molten images. 4 And they brake down the altars of Baalim in his presence; and the images, that were on high above them, he cut down; and the groves, and the carved images, and the molten images, he brake in pieces, and made dust of them, and strowed it upon the graves of them that had sacrificed unto them. 5 And he burnt the bones of the priests upon their altars, and cleansed Judah and Jerusalem. 6 And so did he in the cities of Manasseh, and Ephraim, and Simeon, even unto Naphtali, with their mattocks round about. 7 And when he had broken down the altars and the groves, and had beaten the graven images into powder, and cut down all the idols throughout all the land of Israel, he returned to Jerusalem. 8 Now in the eighteenth year of his reign, when he had purged the land, and the house, he sent Shaphan the son of Azaliah, and Maaseiah the governor of the city, and Joah the son of Joahaz the recorder, to repair the house of the Lord his God. 9 And when they came to Hilkiah the high priest, they delivered the money that was brought into the house of God, which the Levites that kept the doors had gathered of the hand of Manasseh and Ephraim, and of all the remnant of Israel, and of all Judah and Benjamin; and they returned to Jerusalem. 10 And they put it in the hand of the workmen that had the oversight of the house of the Lord, and they gave it to the workmen that wrought in the house of the Lord, to repair and amend the house: 11 Even to the artificers and builders gave they it, to buy hewn stone, and timber for couplings, and to floor the houses which the kings of Judah had destroyed. 12 And the men did the work faithfully: and the overseers of them were Jahath and Obadiah, the Levites, of the sons of Merari; and Zechariah and Meshullam, of the sons of the Kohathites, to set it forward; and other of the Levites, all that could skill of instruments of musick. 13 Also they were over the bearers of burdens, and were overseers of all that wrought the work in any manner of service: and of the Levites there were scribes, and officers, and porters. 14 And when they brought out the money that was brought into the house of the Lord, Hilkiah the priest found a book of the law of the Lord given by Moses. 15 And Hilkiah answered and said to Shaphan the scribe, I have found the book of the law in the house of the Lord. And Hilkiah delivered the book to Shaphan. 16 And Shaphan carried the book to the king, and brought the king word back again, saying, All that was committed to thy servants, they do it. 17 And they have gathered together the money that was found in the house of the Lord, and have delivered it into the hand of the overseers, and to the hand of the workmen. 18 Then Shaphan the scribe told the king, saying, Hilkiah the priest hath given me a book. And Shaphan read it before the king. 19 And it came to pass, when the king had heard the words of the law, that he rent his clothes. 20 And the king commanded Hilkiah, and Ahikam the son of Shaphan, and Abdon the son of Micah, and Shaphan the scribe, and Asaiah a servant of the king's, saying, 21 Go, enquire of the Lord for me, and for them that are left in Israel and in Judah, concerning the words of the book that is found: for great is the wrath of the Lord that is poured out upon us, because our fathers have not kept the word of the Lord, to do after all that is written in this book. 22 And Hilkiah, and they that the king had appointed, went to Huldah the prophetess, the wife of Shallum the son of Tikvath, the son of Hasrah, keeper of the wardrobe; (now she dwelt in Jerusalem in the college:) and they spake to her to that effect. 23 And she answered them, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Tell ye the man that sent you to me, 24 Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, and upon the inhabitants thereof, even all the curses that are written in the book which they have read before the king of Judah: 25 Because they have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, that they might provoke me to anger with all the works of their hands; therefore my wrath shall be poured out upon this place, and shall not be quenched. 26 And as for the king of Judah, who sent you to enquire of the Lord, so shall ye say unto him, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel concerning the words which thou hast heard; 27 Because thine heart was tender, and thou didst humble thyself before God, when thou heardest his words against this place, and against the inhabitants thereof, and humbledst thyself before me, and didst rend thy clothes, and weep before me; I have even heard thee also, saith the Lord. 28 Behold, I will gather thee to thy fathers, and thou shalt be gathered to thy grave in peace, neither shall thine eyes see all the evil that I will bring upon this place, and upon the inhabitants of the same. So they brought the king word again. 29 Then the king sent and gathered together all the elders of Judah and Jerusalem. 30 And the king went up into the house of the Lord, and all the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and the priests, and the Levites, and all the people, great and small: and he read in their ears all the words of the book of the covenant that was found in the house of the Lord. 31 And the king stood in his place, and made a covenant before the Lord, to walk after the Lord, and to keep his commandments, and his testimonies, and his statutes, with all his heart, and with all his soul, to perform the words of the covenant which are written in this book. 32 And he caused all that were present in Jerusalem and Benjamin to stand to it. And the inhabitants of Jerusalem did according to the covenant of God, the God of their fathers. 33 And Josiah took away all the abominations out of all the countries that pertained to the children of Israel, and made all that were present in Israel to serve, even to serve the Lord their God. And all his days they departed not from following the Lord, the God of their fathers.

Dear God, Shine on our hungry souls and clear our spiritual view. Deepen our understanding so we may be more obedient to your will and word. Help us understand that you never tire of loving us, never tire of forgiving us. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply