Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-29-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Topic of the Week - Words that begin with 'K'

K is for Kind. Be kind to yourself and others, do onto others as you would have them do onto you. Do for you what you would do for others.
Attached Images
File Type: gif 0008.gif (16.6 KB, 12 views)

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2013, 10:50 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

K is for Kindle. Kindle that spark within. Learn to laugh at yourself and with others.

Quote:
NEW DRUGS FOR WOMEN
D A M N I T O L
Take 2 and the rest of the world can go to hell for up to 8 full hours.
ST. M O M M A'S W O R T
Plant extract that treats mom's depression by rendering preschoolers unconscious for up to two days.
E M P T Y N E S T R O G E N
Suppository that eliminates melancholy and loneliness by reminding you of how awful they were as teenagers and how you couldn't wait till they moved out.
P E P T O B I M B O
Liquid silicone drink for single women. Two full cups swallowed before an evening out increases breast size, decreases intelligence, and prevents conception.
D U M B E R O L
When taken with Peptobimbo, can cause dangerously low IQ, resulting in enjoyment of country music and pickup trucks.
F L I P I T O R
Increases life expectancy of commuters by controlling road rage and the urge to flip off other drivers.
M E N I C I L L I N
Potent anti-boy-otic for older women. Increases resistance to such lethal lines as, "You make me want to be a better person.... Can we get naked now?
BUYAGRA
Injectable stimulant taken prior to shopping Increases potency, duration, and credit limit of spending spree.
J A C K A S S P I R I N
Relieves headache caused by a man who can't remember your birthday, anniversary, phone number, or to lift the toilet seat.
A N T I-T A L K S I D E N T
A spray carried in a purse or wallet to be used on anyone too eager to share their life stories with total strangers in elevators.
N A G A M E N T
When administered to a boyfriend or husband, provides the same irritation level as nagging him.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 11-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

K is for Keep. Keep coming so you don`t have to come back. Keep it simple it is a simple program for complicated people. Keep trusting the program, it will work for you, if you work for the program. Keep trusting your God, through Him you will learn to trust yourself and others.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:14 PM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

K is for Kin. When we can't be near our own kin, we have the Spirit of the Fellowship to keep us safe with their support. The people in the rooms loved me back to health until I could learn to love and like myself.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:16 PM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

K is for Key. The key to recovery is willingness. If I can't find it, I pray for it. The key for me was to work the steps and then learn to live them.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:24 AM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

K is for Key. We need to pick up the key of willingness. The Steps are a key that opens the door to a new way of life. The program was the key to opening my heart.

Keep coming so you won't have to come back. Keep the faith, stop playing Russian Roulette with your life.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

K is for King. My God is the King of the Universe and yet He has time for me. I know that He is there for me and is never to busy for me.

I was naive, and became a knave whose body was taken over with alcohol and drugs that affected my thinking.

Knave:
1. An unprincipled, crafty fellow.
a. A male servant.
b. A man of humble birth.

Our masculine side is our survivor side. I use to resent the lady when she came out.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

K is for Kite. A word my son gave me when I asked him to suggest a K word. What came to mind was, my attitude prior to recovery, which said, "Go fly a kite." In recovery, I can fly a kite, and do it for fun and enjoyment. Recovery takes a change in attitude to bring about spiritual growth.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:12 AM   #10
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

K is for Kiln. When we take the steps, we are reshaped and formed in the way our God would have us be. Sometimes the trials and errors seem like stepping on hot coals, and we get burnt many times over, to get us to where we need to be. As I have heard many say, we go through a baptismal of fire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiln

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

K is Knowledge. Knowledge won't keep you sober, you have to act on it, it takes actions, willingness, intent, and motivation. You have to take the words off the pages of a book, and apply the spiritual principles and wisdom to your life.

I was told, "If you are intellectualizing, "Stop it!" The program doesn't work that way.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

K is for Know God Know Peace No God No Peace.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply