Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2016, 11:14 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - July 1

No matter what, we can have faith that Jesus can work in and through us.

Worrying is useless, but prayer is powerful.

When we can’t see a way out, God offers help in unimaginable ways.

In the Bible, God has provided markers to give us direction in life. Other guidance may come in the form of an encouraging word from a friend or a note from a co-worker. God places us where we need to be. We can be assured that God has a plan for us and will accompany us along the path. God provides the direction we need.

As we trust and obey God, our fears can fade away and we can open our eyes to God’s sustaining care for us.

We can trust God to be with us.

With God’s help, we can develop a strong and deep root system and sturdy stems and branches to support the good fruit of faith. As we become firmly grounded in God’s word, we gain a deeper knowledge and experience of God’s faithful love. We can trust God no matter the circumstances.

Grab On by Sally I. Kennedy
The Lord made you; He formed you in the womb and he will help you. Isaiah 44:2
For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand Isaiah 41:13
The vine was going crazy. it was growing so fast and looking for something to grab onto all the time. Thin tendrils were reaching out continually, waving in the breeze. One grabbed onto an empty rough hewn basket; the others were pawing at the air.
How often in life we are so like that plant, looking for something to grab onto. Something to hold onto, to ground us and provide stability.
Blaise Pascal, a French philosopher, said, “There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made know through Jesus”. Until our souls find rest in Him, we can be unknowingly waving about in thin air trying to latch onto meaning for our lives.
It is indeed good news that we have God’s promises that He is with us*, will never leave us**, and will help us***.

The key to winning life’s challenges from Senior Living
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. - Matthew 6:33
Years ago in Tennessee, two men were competing in an all-day wood chopping competition. The first man worked very hard, stopping only for a brief lunch break. The second man had a leisurely lunch and took several breaks during the day. At the end of the day, the first man was infuriated to see he had lost the competition even though he had worked so hard.
“I don’t get it,” he said. “Every time I looked at you, you were resting. But you chopped more wood that I did. How did that happen?!”
“One thing you didn’t notice,” the winner said, “is that every time I sat down, I was sharpening my axe.”
Most people today underestimate the power of taking time to sharpen their axe. They want to have good relationships with others and to do something great with their lives. But they forget that those things take a sharpened axe… character produced by taking time to seek God.
Don’t neglect your axe. Spend time daily sharpening yourself in God’s Word. Connect with God regularly through heartfelt prayer. When you take time to sharpen your axe, you’ll be ready to face any challenge life throws your way as you maximize your Kingdom impact!
Prayer Challenge: Pray and ask God to help you commit daily time toward sharpening yourself to be used for the Kingdom and face any challenge that comes your way.

DOES GOD KNOW ABOUT THIS?
There's a couple in Arkansas who gave their six-year-old son strict instructions to come home from playing every afternoon no later than 5 p.m. He is allowed to play with his friends, but his parents are quite serious about his curfew. If he's not home by 5 p.m., they begin to worry and call around the neighborhood to find out where he is. The boy knows this, though, and is careful to arrive every day on time.
One April Monday, however, the day after Daylight Saving Time went into effect, the boy was late coming home. When he finally arrived, a few minutes before 6 p.m., his mother scolded him for being late. "You know you are to be home by five," she said, "and here it is nearly six."
Puzzled, the little boy pointed out the window. "But the light," he protested, "the light; it's the light that tells me when to come home." Realizing what had happened, his mother smiled and gently explained that the day before the time had been changed, that everyone had reset their clocks and, now, the daylight lasted longer.
The boy's eyes narrowed. "Does God know about this?" he asked suspiciously.
It's easy to see why a young boy would ask such a question, but no matter what the circumstance prompting the question, the answer to "Does God know about this?" is always, "Yes, He knows." David reflected on this quality of God in Psalm 139:
"Lord, you have examined me and know all about me. You know when I sit down and when I get up. You know my thoughts before I think them. You know where I go and where I lie down. You know thoroughly everything I do. Lord, even before I say a word, you already know it. You are all around me -- in front and in back -- and have put your hand on me. Your knowledge is amazing to me; it is more than I can understand." (Psalm 139:1-6)
At times, it is a bit frightening to realize that God knows so much about me, but ultimately it is a comforting thought -- that someone knows so much about me, yet still loves me. Because God knows me so well, He knows my deepest needs. May you take comfort this day in the realization that God knows everything about you there is to know, and that He loves you dearly. Have a great day! Alan Smith

CLOSE YOUR EYES by Marion Smith
"I will not leave you as orphans." John 14:18
I recently took my mother-in-law to the orthopedic surgeon for an examination. One of the tests was for her to shut her eyes and try to walk a few steps. She was aware her balance was off, but she did as the doctor asked anyway. She knew that he was asking her to do something important, and she had confidence that he would catch her when she began to sway and fall.
Do we act with the same trust and faith in God as she had done with the doctor? When He asks us to do something we know will be uncomfortable or scary, are we obedient? Do we have faith that He will be there to catch us? That He will not let us fall flat on our faces? That His everlasting arms are big enough to hold us through the frightening times of life?
I pray we would have that type of an obedient spirit, and have that much faith. God tells us in the Bible He will never leave or forsake us- and His promises are true! He has proved them over and over to us, time and again throughout the ages as well as with me on a personal level.
Thank you, dear Lord, for you promises. Especially the one that says you will always be with us. "I will never leave you nor forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5)

Priceless Author Unknown
A well-known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $100 bill.
In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this $100 bill?"
Hands started going up.
He said, "I am going to give this $100 to one of you but first, let me do this." He proceeded to crumple the dollar bill up. He then asked, "Who still wants it?" Still the hands were up in the air.
"Well," he replied, "What if I do this?" And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe.
He picked it up, now all crumpled and dirty. "Now who still wants it?"
Still the hands went into the air.
"My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $100. Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened, how unclean, crumpled or creased, you are still priceless to God."
"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body" I Corinthians 6:19-29 (NIV)

The man whispered, "God, speak to me" and a meadowlark sang.
But, the man did not hear.
So the man yelled "God, speak to me!" And, the thunder rolled across the sky. But the man did not listen.
The man looked around and said, "God let me see you." And a star shined brightly.
But the man did not notice.
And, the man shouted, "God show me a miracle!" And, a life was born.
But, the man did not know.
So, the man cried out in despair, "Touch me God, and Let me know you are here!" Whereupon, God reached down and touched the man.
But, the man brushed the butterfly away and walked on.
Don't miss out on a blessing because it isn't packaged the way that you expect. Author Unknown

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Put your issues aside and stop fussing over things that are basically inconsequential. Quiet your soul and find your place of peace. Begin again with a clean slate, leaving behind all the things that have kept you in turmoil. You have very little authority or control over most of the things you worry about. Re-establish spiritual perspective, says the Lord. Matthew 6:27 "Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

Keep yourself from defilement. This may require pulling back from activities and relationships that are not beneficial to you. Stop and consider what and who influences you the most and make sure the input is positive and not negative. Your relationship with Me, says the Lord, requires time and spiritual effort as you allow Me to be the greatest influence in your life. Psalms 62:7 In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

Quickly review your obligations according to what I have called you to. This evaluation is necessary if you are going to put yourself in My flow and order, says the Lord. You will be tempted to either step aside or go beyond My will and optimum purpose in your life. Establish your priorities. Romans 8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Many of you, My people, are still skimming the surface. You have a form of godliness through religious exercise, but you have not developed relationship with Me in the Spirit. It is time for you to dig in, get connected, and find the place of spiritual truth and the actual flow of the Spirit, says the Lord. 2 Timothy 3:5 having a form of godliness but denying its power.

Yield to the process of sanctification, for indeed I am perfecting those things in you that need to be reclaimed for the Kingdom of God. I speak of those places where the enemy has continued to maintain a stronghold. These are days of redemption to liberate you from all demonic oppression and to free you from all bondage. Surrender to My work in you, says the Lord. You will not be disappointed. James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

If you have lost your way and cannot seem to get your bearings, the only thing to do is calm yourself and be silent. Do not allow turmoil and chaos to rule. Find peace and allow My presence to fill your being and your surroundings. I am with you, says the Lord. I am your everlasting partner in life. John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

This is a time when you must deal with things that have been ignored because they could impede your progress. You must enter this phase of your journey with a clear head and heart. Clarity is vital to your ability to interact with circumstances as they arise. You will either learn and grow through the challenges or you will allow your emotional responses to drag you down. Rise up in faith that there is purpose in all that you encounter, says the Lord. Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
There is a river that flows from My throne to you. It's flowing into you even now, in this moment, to strengthen you, to heal you, to bring My presence to you. It comes as a spiritual rain from time to time. It falls upon you to strengthen you. It comes to anoint you. Ask for the rain in the season of the rain. Let the river come to you and refresh you. Let it anoint and heal you. Let it bring you forth into My purposes, and let there be an increase of it in these days, says the Lord God Almighty.

I say to you, arise. Shake off the defilement of discouragement. Fight the good fight of faith against the power of heaviness. Indeed, you will prevail for I am with you. I am with you to strengthen you and to carry you through the ordeals of this life. I will walk with you through the fire and on the water. I will be with you when the wind carries you into the fullness of My purposes. Get up and lift the hands that hang down in weakness. Strengthen the feebleness of your walk. Those that come with Me and lean upon My strength and My power shall have the victory. I am delivering you from all that hinders you. I’m removing from you the stumbling blocks the enemy has placed in your path. I will make a way for you to come into the fullness of your destiny. For, it has been determined in the heavenly council and shall be performed by My Spirit, says the Lord.

My Hand In God's by Florence Kellogg
Each morning when I wake I say,
"I place my hand in God's today";
I know God will walk close by my side
My every wandering step to guide.
God leads me with the tenderest care
When paths are dark and I despair –
No need for me to understand
If I but hold fast to God's hand.
My hand in God's! No surer way
To walk in safety through each day.
By God's great bounty I am fed;
Warmed by God's love, and comforted.
When at day’s end I seek by rest
And realize how much I'm blessed,
My thanks pour out to God;
and then I place my hand in God's again.

We have an anchor that keeps the soul
Steadfast and sure while the billows roll,
Fastened to the Rock which cannot move,
Grounded firm and deep in the Saviour's love.
- Priscilla Jane Owens
Prayer: Our Father in heaven, we thank You for Your Word and the assurance that during the storms of life, we can count on Your promises that You will keep us safe and secure. We thank You in Jesus' holy name. Amen.

2 Thessalonians 3:3 – The Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. 11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. 12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. Psalm 51:10-12

Ephesians 2:10 "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

Isaiah 40:31 – Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and will not be faint.

Psalm 62:6 – He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved.

Isaiah 40:8 – The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever.

Jesus said, “My yoke is easy and my burden is light.” - Matthew 11:30

The LORD says: “Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.” - Jeremiah 6:16

Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. - Isaiah 41:10

The Song In The Silence by Scott Williams
Have you ever found yourself listening to something — maybe you've heard it many times before — and noticing something entirely new and unexpected? I had that experience on a recent Sunday. We were singing Hymn of Promise, written by Natalie Sleeth, which many people know by its first line: "In the bulb there is a flower". I can't even guess how many times I've sung that hymn, or heard it sung by others. I know the words almost by heart. And yet, on this particular Sunday, I was taken by surprise.
The second verse of the hymn begins, "There's a song in every silence". As soon as we sang that line, I was struck! I was reminded of the Bible story in which Elijah is told to expect to see God, and he finally finds the Lord, not in calamity or noise, but in silence:
1 Kings 19:11-12 – He said, "Go out and stand on the mountain before the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by." Now there was a great wind, so strong that it was splitting mountains and breaking rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a sound of sheer silence. (NRSV)
Isn't that amazing? That God, Who could speak with us in any other way, chose to speak to Elijah through silence. Other translations refer to it as "a still small voice" or "a gentle whisper". That's another surprise, that the all-powerful and mighty God would choose to speak through a still, small voice. No wonder we need to be quiet in order to hear!
Ours is a busy, noisy world, full of earthquakes, wind, and fire. Our job is not to let the noise distract us, but to look over, under, around, and through the noise, until we can find a place of peace and quiet — a place of silence. It is in that silence that we have an opportunity to hear the voice of God, that gentle whisper, speaking and singing into our hearts.
Prayer: Loving God, thank You for being a part of our lives. Thank You for Your gentle voice that guides us, lifts us, and nurtures us. We pray that we would be ever more mindful of that voice, more open to Your nudging and prompting, and more accepting of Your words for us. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen

Dear Lord, help us to know that even when we are incapable of handling life’s struggles, you are completely sufficient to bear our burdens and strengthen us. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 21
1 The king shall joy in thy strength, O Lord; and in thy salvation how greatly shall he rejoice! 2 Thou hast given him his heart's desire, and hast not withholden the request of his lips. Selah. 3 For thou preventest him with the blessings of goodness: thou settest a crown of pure gold on his head. 4 He asked life of thee, and thou gavest it him, even length of days for ever and ever. 5 His glory is great in thy salvation: honour and majesty hast thou laid upon him. 6 For thou hast made him most blessed for ever: thou hast made him exceeding glad with thy countenance. 7 For the king trusteth in the Lord, and through the mercy of the most High he shall not be moved. 8 Thine hand shall find out all thine enemies: thy right hand shall find out those that hate thee. 9 Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger: the Lord shall swallow them up in his wrath, and the fire shall devour them. 10 Their fruit shalt thou destroy from the earth, and their seed from among the children of men. 11 For they intended evil against thee: they imagined a mischievous device, which they are not able to perform. 12 Therefore shalt thou make them turn their back, when thou shalt make ready thine arrows upon thy strings against the face of them. 13 Be thou exalted, Lord, in thine own strength: so will we sing and praise thy power.

Thank you, God, for your unconditional love. Help us to love others as you love us. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply