Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2016, 12:49 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - November 18

When at night you cannot sleep, talk to the Shepherd.

In the rush and noise of life, as you have intervals, step home within yourselves and be still. Wait upon God, and feel his good presence; this will carry you evenly through your day’s business. -- William Penn

Sometimes God’s greatest comfort comes through our silent presence.

God never leaves prayers unanswered. God’s answer may not be revealed immediately or may be different than what we were hoping for. But we can trust that God’s answer will always be the best answer for us.

God can help us in unexpected ways and can use anyone or anything around us as instruments of care for us. When we give our best, God will give us more than we can imagine.

When we drink living water from Christ, we are filled and satisfied — overflowing with the Spirit of eternal life. The Holy Spirit is an everlasting source of refreshment. Because of our faith in Jesus, we can always be sure of the promise of living water. God is a constant source of refreshment.

The light of Christ makes all things new. What a good and gracious God we have who re-creates our lives! No matter our sins, God can restore us.

Jesus offers us new life and a new purpose.

Availability Check Author Unknown
The good often cannibalizes the best. Think about it: How often do schedules, long to-do lists and our immediate line of sight trump the things we claim to love the most? A pile of laundry certainly seems insignificant the day a close friend wrecks her car or a parent falls ill. Certainly, life involves responsibility, but it also involves a need for responsiveness to urgent situations—a child struggling in school or a severely depressed coworker.
Moses was tending sheep—fulfilling a needed task—when God intervened with an urgent call. A bush burned without being consumed. God called Moses’ name from within the fiery bush. Moses immediately answered. Moses was available and obedient. But then God told him what he wanted: Moses was to go back to Egypt to lead a rescue mission for the Hebrew people.
In the midst of our ordinary days—tending to our families, our jobs, our friends—how do we respond to the persistent pull of God’s call? Regardless of how God makes his wishes known—a burning bush, a burning desire or a burning need—are we willing to have our tidy plans and schedules interrupted to listen to his voice? Or are we too busy or too distracted to answer? Bottom line: Are we willing to be recruited at God’s bidding?
Like Moses, we may feel inadequate for the job: “I’m just a student, just a mother, just an hourly employee. I’m not equipped for this mission!” However, when God calls us to do something bigger than we think we can accomplish, he will equip us by working through us. We learn to rely on his strength, not on our own abilities. Simply put, God doesn’t look for abilities; he looks for availabilities. That’s how we can be confident of success: His great power trumps our lack of talent. We act in the power of the great “I AM” (3:14).
So when you hear the voice of God calling your name, answer without hesitation, “Here I am.”
God’s call. God’s strength. Your availability.
Reflection: In what ways has God indicated he has something for you to do, and how have you responded? Recount a time when you felt inadequate to do something you knew God wanted you to do. How did God equip you to accomplish it? What interferes with your availability to answer God’s call?
Exodus 3:4 When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!” And Moses said, “Here I am.”

The Same in Any Language by Sally I. Kennedy
Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. Colossians 3:14
Beautiful wildflowers in a field are the same in any language. A smile is the same in any language, too. Much can be communicated by a smile: a greeting, acceptance, thanks, gratitude, love.
Tears, also, are the same in any language. Tears can express sorrow and sadness, grief, loss, or pain. Even if you don't speak the same word language, there's a communication shared by tears.
The best thing that's the same in any language is the love of God. God's love transcends any language barrier. And it is the greatest of all love, enduring and lasting forever until the end of time and beyond.
When he was very old, the disciple John wrote for us to read in 2009 these words, 'Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. (1 John 3:18)
Yes, we can share smiles, even tears, and the very best of all is to share love, the love of our amazing, awesome, mighty, and loving God.

BE HONEST! Author Unknown
Dishonesty, even in the smallest matter may severely damage a believer's credibility. You never know how closely you are being watched.
A businessman was invited to speak to a men's church group. His topic was honesty in the workplace and he spoke very strongly and unwaveringly on the topic.
The next morning, he boarded a city bus for the ride to work. He handed a dollar bill to the driver and received some change, which he counted as he proceeded down the aisle.
Before he reached his seat, he realized he had been given a dime too much. His first thought was that the transit company would never miss it. However, deep inside he knew he should return the money. So he went back to the driver, "You gave me too much change, sir."
To his amazement, the driver replied, "I know, a dime too much. I gave it to you on purpose. Then I watched you in my mirror as you counted your change. You see, I heard you speak yesterday, and if you had kept the dime, I would have written you off and everything that you said."
We may be the only Bible some people ever read!

You can't enjoy today if you're worrying about the past or the future.
Your mind and your thoughts could be stuck in the past, continually thinking about what has already happened. If that's the case, it's best to get over it. The past has already happened; you can't do anything to change it. Rather, you ought to trust God that he is working out those things for ultimate good (see Romans 8:28).
On the other hand, your mind could be stuck in the future, thinking about what might happen, what you fear will happen, and things you wish wouldn't happen. However, being a person of faith requires trust--trusting God about the future.
Romans 15:13 says, May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him. You'll have joy and peace when you trust in God. Why? Because you'll be able to rest and relax knowing that God has good plans in store for you (Jeremiah 29:11).
Don't worry about the past or the future. Instead, have faith; trust God. When you trust God to help you learn from the past and provide for your future, you're free to enjoy your life today. Weekly Wisdom

Praying For Your Spouse by Bill Tucker
A Christian woman had a husband who had forbidden her to speak to him about Jesus. So she took his case to God. She told herself, "I am going to pray for his conversion every day for twelve months."
At the end of a year his heart had not softened a bit. She said, "I am going to keep on six months longer."
She did. Still there was no change and she considered giving up. Finally she said, "No. I will pray for him as long as God gives me breath."
That very day he came home from work and disappeared into his room for a long time. She grew concerned and peeked in. He was on his knees seeking God's forgiveness.
"Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up." Luke 18:1

HEART PRINTS Author Unknown
Whatever our hands touch...
We leave fingerprints!
On walls, on furniture
On doorknobs, dishes, books.
There's no escape.
As we touch we leave our identity.
Oh God, wherever I go today
Help me leave heartprints!
Heartprints of compassion
Of understanding and love.
Heartprints of kindness
And genuine concern.
May my heart touch a lonely neighbor
Or a runaway daughter
Or an anxious mother
Or a frustrated co-worker
Or a hurting friend
Or perhaps an aged grandfather.
Lord, send me out today
To leave heartprints.
And if someone should say,
"I felt your touch,"
May that one sense YOUR LOVE
Touching through ME.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Rest, recuperate, and rejuvenate. Understand the relevance of where you have been to where you are going. Capitalize on this opportunity to make necessary adjustments that will enable you to move forward successfully. You may need to cut and run from certain situations that have dominated your time and energy without producing desired results. Evaluate by discerning good and evil, and take a righteous position, says the Lord. Hebrews 5:14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Expect to have to make adjustments in your routine. Change is the one thing you can depend on in life. Your environment is always in a state of flux, and you need to yield to the moving of My Spirit so that you can walk in the newness of life. Find the correct and righteous flow and be at peace, says the Lord. Psalms 5:12 For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround him as with a shield.

Rise up in the realm of the Spirit and observe that you are in the early morning hours of the new day. The spiritual landscape is shrouded in fog so that you cannot see clearly. The path of life stretches out before you, but you cannot tell where it goes. And, you are not yet out of the woods of bleakness and uncertainty. But, I tell you honestly that I will bring you forth in the strength of My purposes and in the power of My blessing, says the Lord. Isaiah 42:16 I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, And crooked places straight. These things I will do for them, And not forsake them.

Be sensitive and discerning. I will show you errors in judgment by revealing presumption, and I will show you errors in logistics. Correction will be an easy thing as long as you stay in the Spirit and refuse to beat yourself up for not being perfect. Be humble and stay flexible, says the Lord. This is no time to take a defensive posture. Psalms 25:9 The humble He guides in justice, and the humble He teaches His way.

Resist the temptation to project out and make assumptions. What you have is today. Make the most of your time through making good decisions and by choosing good over evil in all things. Allow My nature to prevail in your thoughts and actions, says the Lord. Let there be no unrighteousness in you. John 7:18 "He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is true, and no unrighteousness is in him."

Get ready to move forward. The season of transition is nearly over. Prepare yourself to be sensitive to the leading of My Spirit. Do not rely on your own wits and emotional reactions to circumstances. Rather, listen for My voice and watch for My signs. I will indeed direct your every step, says the Lord. Psalms 119:133 Direct my steps by Your word, and let no iniquity have dominion over me.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Come and be one with Me, says the Lord. Have you forgotten that faith prevails? Have you forgotten that faith, in and of itself, will bring you into victory; that faith is the very substance of the things that you hope for? So, these signs and these wonders that I have performed should bring you into a position of extreme faith that will become the substance of your hope so that you can receive all I have for you. You can become who I designed you to be--powerful, mighty men and women of God. Let this season birth that in your heart and bring it forth in you.

Have you noticed that the spiritual climate of your nation has changed, America? This is because the trauma of the election is over. For those who are disappointed with the results, you must now refocus, or a spirit of heaviness and dread will continue to pursue you. Here is the truth of the matter: You do not live spiritually in the kingdom of the world. You live in the Kingdom of Heaven. You are a citizen of the Kingdom of God, and you are living in a time when the kingdoms of this world are becoming the kingdoms of our Lord. Revelation 11:15 Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!"

The Touch of the Master's Hand Author Unknown
'Twas battered and scarred, and the auctioneer
Thought it scarcely worth his while
To waste much time on the old violin,
But held it up with a smile.
"What am I bidden, good folks," he cried,
"Who'll start the bidding for me?"
"A dollar, a dollar. Then two! Only two?
Two dollars, and who'll make it three?"
"Three dollars, once; three dollars, twice;
Going for three…" But no,
From the room, far back, a grey-haired man
Came forward and picked up the bow;
Then wiping the dust from the old violin,
And tightening the loosened strings,
He played a melody pure and sweet,
As a caroling angel sings.
The music ceased, and the auctioneer,
With a voice that was quiet and low,
Said: "What am I bid for the old violin?"
And he held it up with the bow.
"A thousand dollars, and who'll make it two?
Two thousand! And who'll make it three?
Three thousand, once; three thousand, twice,
And going and gone," said he.
The people cheered, but some of them cried,
"We do not quite understand.
What changed its worth?" Swift came the reply:
"The touch of the Master's hand."
And many a man with life out of tune,
And battered and scarred with sin,
Is auctioned cheap to the thoughtless crowd
Much like the old violin.
A "mess of pottage," a glass of wine,
A game — and he travels on.
He is "going" once, and "going" twice,
He's "going" and almost "gone."
But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

In Time of Sorrow...
May you see God's light on the path ahead
When the road you walk is dark.
May you always hear,
Even in your hour of sorrow,
The gentle singing of the lark.
When times are hard may hardness
Never turn your heart to stone,
May you always remember
when the shadows fall—
You do not walk alone.

"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God." (Psalm 20:7 ESV)

I will sing to the Lord as long as I live. I will praise my God to my last breath! Psalm 104:33

"He has told you, O man, what is good, and what the Lord demands of you; but to do justice, to love loving-kindness, and to walk discreetly with your God." Micha 6:8

1 Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge. 2 I say to the LORD, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.” 5 LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure. 6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. 7 I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. 8 I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, 10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay. 11 You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:1-2;5-11

The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior! -- Psalm 18:46

For all things are for your sakes, so that the grace which is spreading to more and more people may cause the giving of thanks to abound to the glory of God. Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal. -- 2 Corinthians 4:15-18

The psalmist wrote, “In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.” - Psalm 5:3

Jesus said, “Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” - John 7:38

So if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new! — 2 Corinthians 5:17

THE VALUE OF EXPERIENCE
"Sir, What is the secret of your success?" a reporter asked a bank president.
"Two words."
"And, sir, what are they?"
"Right decisions."
"And how do you make right decisions?"
"One word."
"And, sir, what is that?"
"Experience."
"And how do you get experience?"
"Two words."
"And, sir, what are they?"
"Wrong decisions."
There's a measure of truth in that. Though we can (and should) learn from the mistakes of others, experience truly does seem to be "the best teacher." The experience of making wrong decisions in the past should help us to learn so that we make better decisions in the future. But are we willing to learn?
Paul is a great example of someone who learned from his past mistakes and, as a result of that experience, made better decisions in his effort to serve God.
"And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry, although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man...." (I Timothy 1:12-13)
I love the way that I've heard Randy Harris put it: "God loves you wherever you are........but He loves you too much to leave you where you are!"
Father, once again I come asking forgiveness for the many times I've let you down. As I confess to you my transgressions, I pray that you will help me to learn from my mistakes -- to recognize the consequences of following my stubborn will, to realize the heartache you feel when I turn a deaf ear to you, to learn from my error the need to follow your word more closely. I have made wrong decisions, but I pray that the experience of doing so will help me to develop the wisdom necessary to make better decisions in the future, as I strive to draw closer to you. In Jesus' name, amen. Have a great day! Alan Smith

God of eternal life, give us the peace that only you can provide through our faith in Christ. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 41
1 Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble. 2 The Lord will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies. 3 The Lord will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness. 4 I said, Lord, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee. 5 Mine enemies speak evil of me, When shall he die, and his name perish? 6 And if he come to see me, he speaketh vanity: his heart gathereth iniquity to itself; when he goeth abroad, he telleth it. 7 All that hate me whisper together against me: against me do they devise my hurt. 8 An evil disease, say they, cleaveth fast unto him: and now that he lieth he shall rise up no more. 9 Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me. 10 But thou, O Lord, be merciful unto me, and raise me up, that I may requite them. 11 By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me. 12 And as for me, thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before thy face for ever. 13 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen.

Dear God, thank you for your promise that in Christ Jesus we have eternal life with you. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply