Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 2/8

When we take time to put God 1st in any endeavor, we are preparing well for whatever lies ahead.

When we let God into our lives we will never be the same again.

We need to be doers of God’s word, not just hearers.

When God is with us, no situation is too difficult or too frightening.

No matter how far we are from God, He's only a prayer away.

When we have nothing left but God, we’ll find that God is enough.

When we give ourselves to God, He always gives back more than we gave.

“‘Should we pull out the weeds?’ they asked. “‘No,’ he replied, ‘you’ll uproot the wheat if you do. Let both grow together until the harvest. Then I will tell the harvesters to sort out the weeds, tie them into bundles, and burn them, and to put the wheat in the barn.” Matthew 13:28b-30
Growing Together By Sally L. Kennedy
The little aspen and the pine were growing next to each other at the top of the hike at 9600 feet. It did look like the pine was gaining on the aspen although both looked hardy, as if neither had a complaint of being planted there in such close proximity.
Every now and then I hear someone ask questions about persons in their work places and in their family situations. “Why me?” “Why him?” “Why this?” “Why now?”
It has been said that people come into our lives for a reason, a season, or forever. All by God’s design. He has something He wants to show you, teach you, grow you, or maybe it is crucial to His plans that you be there for another person.
The Bible says we are to leave the weeds alone that grow among the good plants. And we’re not to judge others, either; we have no idea what their life is like (Luke 6:37, Matthew 7:1). God will take care of any ‘weeds’ in His time and in His way.
Meantime, while we are growing together, all we have to do is keep our eyes on the Lord, suit up and show up, do what is set before us, and keep it simple. Love the Lord, love people (Matthew 22:36). And leave the rest to God.
That’s good news.

Rely Not On Yourselves Author Unknown
"Rely not on yourselves, but on God...
He delivered us...
He will deliver us...
He will continue to deliver us..." (2 Corinthians 1:9-11)
I quit!
I've tried my best to live
..... as God expects me to
..... as my family expects me to
I want to do the best, but I always fail.
I give up!
There's no use trying!
I just fail...
"I"?
"Rely not on yourselves, but on God...
He delivered us
He will deliver us
He will continue to deliver us"
Again and again and again
like food,
like sleep,
God will give us strength every day.
"Rely not on yourselves, but on God"

BACK TO THE BASICS by Alan Smith
One of the world's most famous merchant captains died, having long been admired by his crew and fellow officers.
They remained puzzled, however, over a strange ritual he performed daily. While at sea he would lock himself in his cabin and open a small safe, take out an envelope with a note inside and read it. After locking the paper back in the safe, he would return to his duties.
For years this went on, and his crew became very curious. Was it a treasure map? Was it a letter from a long lost love? Everyone speculated about the contents of the strange envelope.
After laying the captain's body to rest, the first mate led the entire crew back to the ship and into the captain's quarters. He opened the safe, got the envelope and read the words aloud to an astonished crew:
"Port: Left, Starboard: Right."
Sometimes we need to be reminded of the basics! That's true of those of us who are Christians as well. We would all do well to lock away the basics of Christianity in a safe and get away to ourselves daily and go over them once again. So that we never forget. So that we don't get so caught up doing a million different things that we forget the most important and the most basic rules of life.
What belongs in the safe? We don't have to wonder. Jesus himself told us:
“'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'" (Matthew 22:37-39)
That's what's in the safe -- "Love God. Love others." Don't ever forget. If you need to, put those words in a secret place and go to that spot daily.

Are You Putting On or Off? by Julie Cosgrove
“Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.” (Colossians 3:12)
Every morning I stand in my closet deciding what to wear. I find my attitude and circumstances reflect what I put on. What am I going to be doing? Just running errands? Sitting at my computer all day? Going somewhere that requires me to look more put-together and professional? All of these questions dictate the things that I reach for.
I think we put on spiritual clothes the same way. Every morning we “stand naked” before our Lord and it’s a new day. What will we put on? Will we put on a good attitude, or try to cloak our feelings? We will put on the grungy, negative feelings from yesterday, or toss them in the bin to be cleaned?
Do we have attitudes that we are comfortable with so we put them on every day whether they fit or not? Do we have a uniform of feelings that we wear everyday – the reluctance to walk into the office and deal with that coworker one more time, the grudge against a neighbor whose dog whined again all night long? Will we put on memories of a lost loved one, shouldering the sorrow in an effort to keep them around?
Have we spent quality time with God, feel washed and renewed, and so are going to put on fresh, new clothes? Perhaps we wrap some good feelings around our shoulders, warm memories and positive thoughts. Do we reach for our very best “Christian” attitude? What will you put on today?
Dearest Lord, we stand before you stripped of all the attitudes and feelings of the previous day. It is up to us what we will put back on and what we will not. Help us to put off the old negative feelings that either just don’t fit or should be tossed in the bin to be cleaned. Clothe us in Your righteousness and let what attitudes we put today on glorify You. Amen.
Question: It is up to you. What will you put on today?
Now that you’re dressed, do you have your armor on?

The Trouble Tree Author Unknown
I hired a plumber to help me restore an old farmhouse, and after he had just finished a rough first day on the job: a flat tire made him lose an hour of work, his electric drill quit and his ancient one ton truck refused to start.
While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence. On arriving, he invited me to meet his family. As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tip of the branches with both hands.
When opening the door he underwent an amazing transformation. His tanned face was wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.
Afterward he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier.
"Oh, that's my trouble tree, "he replied. "I know I can't help having troubles on the job, but one thing's for sure, those troubles don't belong in the house with my wife and children. So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home and ask God to take care of them. Then in the morning I pick them up again." "Funny thing is," he smiled, "when I come out in the morning to pick 'em up, there aren't nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before."
"Cast all of your burdens on him, because He cares for you!" (1 Peter 5:7)
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

He'll Be There For You Author Unknown
In 1989 an 8.2 earthquake almost flattened Armenia, killing over 30,000 people in less than four minutes.
In the midst of utter devastation and chaos, a father left his wife securely at home and rushed to the school where his son was supposed to be, only to discover that the building was as flat as a pancake.
After the traumatic initial shock, he remembered the promise he had made to his son: "No matter what, I'll always be there for you!" And tears began to fill his eyes. As he looked at the pile of debris that once was the school, it looked hopeless, but he kept remembering his commitment to his son.
He began to concentrate on where he walked his son to class at school each morning. Remembering his son's classroom would be in the back right corner of the building, he rushed there and started digging through the rubble.
As he was digging, other forlorn parents arrived, clutching their hearts, saying: "My son!" "My daughter!" Other well meaning parents tried to pull him off of what was left of the school saying:
"It's too late!" "They're dead!" "You can't help!" "Go home!"
"Come on, face reality, there's nothing you can do!"
"You're just going to make things worse!"
To each parent he responded with one line: "Are you going to help me now?" And then he proceeded to dig for his son, stone by stone.
The fire chief showed up and tried to pull him off of the school's debris saying, "Fires are breaking out, explosions are happening everywhere. You're in danger. We'll take care of it. Go home." To which this loving, caring Armenian father asked, "Are you going to help me now?"
The police came and said, "You're angry, distraught and it's over. You're endangering others. Go home. We'll handle it!" To which he replied, "Are you going to help me now?" No one helped.
Courageously he proceeded alone because he needed to know for himself: "Is my boy alive or is he dead?"
He dug for eight hours... 12 hours... 24 hours... 36 hours... then, in the 38th hour, he pulled back a boulder and heard his son's voice. He screamed his son's name, "ARMAND!" He heard back, "Dad!?! It's me, Dad! I told the other kids not to worry. I told 'em that if you were alive, you'd save me and when you saved me, they'd be saved. You promised, 'No matter what, I'll always be there for you!' You did it, Dad! ..."
"What's going on in there? How is it?" the father asked.
"There are 14 of us left out of 33, Dad. We're scared, hungry, thirsty and thankful you're here! When the building collapsed, it made a wedge, like a triangle, and it saved us!"
"Come on out, boy!"
"No, Dad! Let the other kids out first, 'cause I know you'll get me! No matter what, I know you'll be there for me!"
"He will never leave you or forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5)

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
If you are to establish My kingdom in your own life, you must walk in the light--the light of truth, righteousness, justice, and peace. Do not allow the darkness of the kingdoms of the world to overtake you in any way. Stand resolutely in the anointing and glory of My presence, says the Lord. Make the decision to walk in the light of My Spirit in every situation and circumstance. Matthew 5:14-16 You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

You are entering a time of change, and things will never be the same. This is the beginning of a new era when you can begin again. Use the lessons of the past as a guideline in your methods of operation. You already know what worked and what didn't work in your life. You are better equipped than ever to calculate your responses to situations and to use better judgment, and I am with you to pour out wisdom when you ask, says the Lord. James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

You who have ears to hear, listen as My call echoes throughout the land. It is a spiritual call. It will tug at your heart and become a desire for you to know Me and to serve Me. It will transcend all other voices or desires. You will not be able to follow Me completely until you answer My call, says the Lord. Matthew 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

There are things that will demand your attention and things that need to be adjusted to function properly. Your test is to determine whether or not you will get frustrated with the process, which will make things worse, or trust Me to give the wisdom you need to establish the necessary order. You must take the time required to accomplish what is set before you as a necessary step to be taken before you can proceed, says the Lord. John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Take the opportunities you are given to regroup. The battle has been fierce, and your fight has taken a lot of energy both spiritually and naturally. Now is the time when you can be renewed and restored. Stop and consider where you have been and where you are going to regain perspective. Draw near to Me, says the Lord, for I am your place of strength and safety in troubling times. Psalms 18:2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

I speak to those who are facing a faith crisis. It's not that you don't believe in Me or believe My word. It is that your symptoms are speaking louder than your faith. Stop and consider that I am the God that heals you. There is nothing too difficult for Me. Strengthen your resolve to truly believe for complete healing and restoration in this particular situation. Be strong and immovable, says the Lord. Psalm 107:19-22 Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble, and He saved them out of their distresses. He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions. Oh, that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! Let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare His works with rejoicing.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Rejoice and rejoice again, My people. Though the times behind you have been hard, and though many of you have come through the valley of weeping, which we call the Valley of Baca, you have caused it to be a spring of fresh water, and it will be so in this season. For, you shall be renewed and revived. You shall be restored and come into a time of great joy. It is mine to give and I choose to give it to you in this moment and in this hour. So, I say, rise up in your faith now. Consider the past behind and go forward into the freshness of this era, says the Lord, who loves you and cares for you. I am the Lord who walks with you, the Lord who is for you, the One who goes before you and prepares the pathways that you walk upon, the One who is your rear guard, the One who nurtures you, the One who gives you life and the One who prepares you for that which is coming. I am the Lord your God and you are Mine; you are a delight to Me, says the Most Holy.

Fountain Of Love by Nancy Burr
You, O Lord are a Fountain of Love,
You pour Your love on me.
You fill me up till I overflow,
With a love that sets me free.
It flows right through me, steady and strong,
Satisfying my soul.
It runs like water, refreshing and pure,
Making me feel so whole.
There's never a time when I don't feel,
The love You freely give.
Forever it goes on and on,
Through all the days I live.
Heartaches come and shake up my world,
But Your love stays so strong.
You wrap Your arms around my soul,
And love me on and on.
I don't deserve this awesome love,
Raining down on me.
For I don't always seek You Lord,
The way that I should be.
But on those days when I feel lost,
I feel love even more.
For you O Lord are a Fountain of Love,
Flowing forevermore.

I Love You Lord by Nancy Burr
I love You Lord; You are my King.
You fill my heart with songs to sing.
I hope the praises that You hear,
Are sweet and pleasant to Your ear.
I love You God; You are my Lord.
You are my armor, shield and sword.
When life brings twists and turns my way,
You give me hope and strength each day.
I love You Lord; You are my Friend.
I can count on You until the end.
No matter how tough life can be,
I'm fine as long as You're with me.
I love You Lord; You are so sweet.
I'll worship You down at Your feet.
I'm glad in You, I lift my voice,
You give me joy and I rejoice.
I love You Lord; I praise Your name,
I asked You in, Your Spirit came.
Life is great cause You're in my heart.
I'll stay with You, never apart.

Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Ephesians 6:14-16

I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. 1 Corinthians 1:10

The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing. Psalm 34:10

6 Now godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain[c] we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. 9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. 1 Timothy 6:6-10

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7

"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full." Matthew 6:2

"I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me. I am the LORD, and there is no other." Isaiah 45:5-6

"It's what I do!" By Bob Perks
I was just coming off the elevator at the hospital. My mind racing, my heart pounding and a smile on my face that must have said something to her.
In a split second I knew better. You see it happens to me all the time. Even when I'm not smiling.
It was God saying, "Here's another one."
I write these stories and share them with you because it is what I am supposed to do. I will tell you truly that if I were you, after awhile, I might just stop believing me, too. How could one guy meet so many wonderful people?
Dreamers make the world brighter, more hope-filled. Skeptics test the dreamers and force them to take action, to act on what they believe, not just dream about it.
I am a dreamer who dreams out loud and acts on what I dream about.
A dream is just a fairy tale until someone makes it happen.
To some of you this might seem trivial, nice, but not life changing.
Others might see the hope in it.
It is January and I was told that the hospital, doctors, nurses and staff were being put to the test because many people put off surgery until immediately after the holidays.
Some were there not by choice.
When I stepped off the elevator they all disappeared. A normally crowded ground floor was empty, but for one woman.
My moment of joy had me focused on other things, people I needed to call, friends, family and yes, one good cup of coffee.
Yet, I paused there in an area where four elevators waited for one woman.
She was a little over five feet tall. Her white, soft hair gently, perfectly, curled at her forehead and rested in the back on the collar of her wool winter coat.
Without hesitation she came to me, asking "Could you help me, please?"
I knew God was setting me up, connecting me as He has thousands of times with someone who had a story to tell, a message to share, or a need to fill.
My joy-filled heart could not, would not permit me to turn her away, push her off to someone else, perhaps a hospital staff person, so I could go on with my own needs.
I just said "yes."
"I need to go to the sixth floor. Could you get on the elevator and take me there?" she asked. Her soft spoken tone spoke to me in a different way. It didn't say, "I'm afraid of elevators." Many people are. It said, "I need someone to be with me, I am more afraid of what lies ahead than what lies within those doors."
The ground floor area remained empty. No one would join us as we stepped into the elevator. I looked down and she was wiping away tears.
"Who are you here to see?" I asked.
"My husband has a pace maker. He is having a hard time breathing," she replied.
"I promise you that I will see him in my prayers," I said as I reached for the 6th floor button.
Normally even a short ride on these elevators involves stopping at several floors on a busy day. This one was nonstop.
As we stepped off I asked, "Do you know where you are going?"
"No," she whispered.
"Does he have a room?"
"Yes, 676."
"Let's go find him," I said as I placed my left hand on her shoulder.
We walked one direction and then found we needed to go to the other side. As we approached the nurses’ station, I thought for a moment that maybe I should ask someone for help. I couldn't get anyone's attention and God whispered, "this is your responsibility."
So, we continued down the hall counting "670, 72, 74 and 676."
We stood in the doorway and I asked, "Is this the lucky man?"
He was seated on the edge of his bed. His head resting on a stack of pillows he placed on the bedside food tray.
Looking up he appeared startled and confused.
"Look who I found!" I said to him and then introduced myself.
She turned toward me and with a gentle smile on her face thanked me for taking the time to help her.
"It's what I do." I said.
Those are my words now. I have come to terms with the fact that all these things I do is my job, my place in life. I said it one day to my daughter-in-law. It was the perfect answer. It was almost like saying "I do this for a living." Or, "It's who I am."
Immediately after saying goodbye to this couple, I walked out the door of the room and raising my hands to the sky, I literally jumped for joy with the satisfaction of knowing that God did this for me. Yes, for me, not just for her.
I returned to the ground floor and when the door of the elevator opened dozens of people were scrambling to board any one of the available lifts.
"Where were you before?" I thought.
Still faced with my personal task of calling friends and family with the good news of the day, I found a quiet spot near a window to place my calls.
About twenty minutes later, as I was headed to find my first cup of coffee, I passed by the hospital gift shop.
He spoke to me again..."You are not yet finished with her," I heard.
Without hesitation, I went inside and purchased a vase with two single roses in it. The clerk handed me a note card and I signed it, "From the guy who helped you find Him."
Yes, "Him." God found us both.
I returned to room 676 and handed her the vase.
Shocked, surprised, overwhelmed falls short of the look on her face.
She, still holding a tissue, reached her arms toward me for a hug.
I am a hugger.
I am a dreamer.
More importantly, I am a doer. Why?
"It's what I do." It's what God wants you to do, too.

Heavenly Father, Thank you for the comfort you send us through our friends. Help us to be sensitive to others’ pain and to accompany them through hardship. Help us to share our faith with others by using the gifts and talents with which you have blessed us. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
2 Kings 10
Ahab’s Seventy Sons Killed
1 Now Ahab had seventy sons in Samaria. And Jehu wrote and sent letters to Samaria, to the rulers of Jezreel, to the elders, and to those who reared Ahab’s sons, saying: 2 Now as soon as this letter comes to you, since your master’s sons are with you, and you have chariots and horses, a fortified city also, and weapons, 3 choose the best qualified of your master’s sons, set him on his father’s throne, and fight for your master’s house. 4 But they were exceedingly afraid, and said, “Look, two kings could not stand up to him; how then can we stand?” 5 And he who was in charge of the house, and he who was in charge of the city, the elders also, and those who reared the sons, sent to Jehu, saying, “We are your servants, we will do all you tell us; but we will not make anyone king. Do what is good in your sight.” 6 Then he wrote a second letter to them, saying: If you are for me and will obey my voice, take the heads of the men, your master’s sons, and come to me at Jezreel by this time tomorrow. Now the king’s sons, seventy persons, were with the great men of the city, who were rearing them. 7 So it was, when the letter came to them, that they took the king’s sons and slaughtered seventy persons, put their heads in baskets and sent them to him at Jezreel. 8 Then a messenger came and told him, saying, “They have brought the heads of the king’s sons.” And he said, “Lay them in two heaps at the entrance of the gate until morning.” 9 So it was, in the morning, that he went out and stood, and said to all the people, “You are righteous. Indeed I conspired against my master and killed him; but who killed all these? 10 Know now that nothing shall fall to the earth of the word of the Lord which the Lord spoke concerning the house of Ahab; for the Lord has done what He spoke by His servant Elijah.” 11 So Jehu killed all who remained of the house of Ahab in Jezreel, and all his great men and his close acquaintances and his priests, until he left him none remaining.
Ahaziah’s Forty-two Brothers Killed
12 And he arose and departed and went to Samaria. On the way, at Beth Eked of the Shepherds, 13 Jehu met with the brothers of Ahaziah king of Judah, and said, “Who are you?” So they answered, “We are the brothers of Ahaziah; we have come down to greet the sons of the king and the sons of the queen mother.” 14 And he said, “Take them alive!” So they took them alive, and killed them at the well of Beth Eked, forty-two men; and he left none of them.
The Rest of Ahab’s Family Killed
15 Now when he departed from there, he met Jehonadab the son of Rechab, coming to meet him; and he greeted him and said to him, “Is your heart right, as my heart is toward your heart?” And Jehonadab answered, “It is.” Jehu said, “If it is, give me your hand.” So he gave him his hand, and he took him up to him into the chariot. 16 Then he said, “Come with me, and see my zeal for the Lord.” So they had him ride in his chariot. 17 And when he came to Samaria, he killed all who remained to Ahab in Samaria, till he had destroyed them, according to the word of the Lord which He spoke to Elijah.
Worshipers of Baal Killed
18 Then Jehu gathered all the people together, and said to them, “Ahab served Baal a little, Jehu will serve him much. 19 Now therefore, call to me all the prophets of Baal, all his servants, and all his priests. Let no one be missing, for I have a great sacrifice for Baal. Whoever is missing shall not live.” But Jehu acted deceptively, with the intent of destroying the worshipers of Baal. 20 And Jehu said, “Proclaim a solemn assembly for Baal.” So they proclaimed it. 21 Then Jehu sent throughout all Israel; and all the worshipers of Baal came, so that there was not a man left who did not come. So they came into the temple of Baal, and the temple of Baal was full from one end to the other. 22 And he said to the one in charge of the wardrobe, “Bring out vestments for all the worshipers of Baal.” So he brought out vestments for them. 23 Then Jehu and Jehonadab the son of Rechab went into the temple of Baal, and said to the worshipers of Baal, “Search and see that no servants of the Lord are here with you, but only the worshipers of Baal.” 24 So they went in to offer sacrifices and burnt offerings. Now Jehu had appointed for himself eighty men on the outside, and had said, “If any of the men whom I have brought into your hands escapes, whoever lets him escape, it shall be his life for the life of the other.” 25 Now it happened, as soon as he had made an end of offering the burnt offering, that Jehu said to the guard and to the captains, “Go in and kill them; let no one come out!” And they killed them with the edge of the sword; then the guards and the officers threw them out, and went into the inner room of the temple of Baal. 26 And they brought the sacred pillars out of the temple of Baal and burned them. 27 Then they broke down the sacred pillar of Baal, and tore down the temple of Baal and made it a refuse dump to this day. 28 Thus Jehu destroyed Baal from Israel. 29 However Jehu did not turn away from the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who had made Israel sin, that is, from the golden calves that were at Bethel and Dan. 30 And the Lord said to Jehu, “Because you have done well in doing what is right in My sight, and have done to the house of Ahab all that was in My heart, your sons shall sit on the throne of Israel to the fourth generation.” 31 But Jehu took no heed to walk in the law of the Lord God of Israel with all his heart; for he did not depart from the sins of Jeroboam, who had made Israel sin.
Death of Jehu
32 In those days the Lord began to cut off parts of Israel; and Hazael conquered them in all the territory of Israel 33 from the Jordan eastward: all the land of Gilead—Gad, Reuben, and Manasseh—from Aroer, which is by the River Arnon, including Gilead and Bashan. 34 Now the rest of the acts of Jehu, all that he did, and all his might, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Israel? 35 So Jehu rested with his fathers, and they buried him in Samaria. Then Jehoahaz his son reigned in his place. 36 And the period that Jehu reigned over Israel in Samaria was twenty-eight years.

Call us to remember, dear Lord, what you have done and who we are because of your work in our lives. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply