Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Daily Gratitude
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Gratitude Make sure to stop in here and share what you are grateful/thankful for today. No matter how bad our day is, there is always something to be thankful for.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2015, 06:33 AM   #23
ljportelli

Mornin' Majesty!

Wow, yes!! It's a huge action word. I love how gratitude works on and in us. It's the God of my own understanding helping keep my heart soft and supple. Gratitude informs my recovery. Now, I haven't really ever thought of gratitude in an action context. It's super intriguing, and I'll be taking it up in my meditations.

Today I am so very thankful for every single one of my senses, for they give me full access to all that is. I get to plug into eternity . That is so far out! I get to live in a 3-D & HD environment 24/7.

I get to see everything around me down to the most infinitesimally small detail. So many times when I'm rushed, I miss all of that, and it makes me sad. I try to take time every day to take a few minutes and appreciate the joy my vision affords me.

I get to taste every single thing I eat and extract the last bit of flavour. And I get to enjoy the sense of satisfaction that comes from a full belly. When I consider all of the poverty around the world, I have so much to be grateful for. I'm a foody, and really - I mean really - get into eating. My family teases me relentlessly about it.

I can feel! Ohmygosh! What would I do without the sense of touch ? I'm human. I crave touch. It's a basic need. It tames me.

Hearing ! Glorious hearing! Bird song, kids Laughing, jets taking off, people singing acapella music, the wind blowing. And multitudes more.

Smell - fresh baked bread, Himalayan coffee, steak of the grill, gardenias, fresh strawberries, pot of chilli, aftershave.

And then - the 6th sense - Intuition. The Spirit of God . This is one of many direct connections with my UP. It's one of the main ways we work together, and it's a cosmic experience! There is NO mistake when my HP comes through in this way. It's a total rush, for it gives me more proof of my higher power's existence.

Gotta wrap up. THANK YOU so much for this comprehensive site where we can come for rich and delicious spiritual sustainance! NOM NOM
ljportelli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ljportelli For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply