Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Family and Friends of Alcoholics and Addicts

Share This Forum!  

Family and Friends of Alcoholics and Addicts This forum is for families and friends whose lives have been affected by someone else's drinking and/or drug abuse.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
krafty

Default God Box

A family member recently called & left a message that she wanted to talk to me. When I heard the recording, I was immediately flooded with fear & apprehension. She’s an alcoholic who doesn’t drink but who still overflows with the “isms” of the disease. Based on some previous experiences, I anticipated she would attack me about something I said or did of which I was unaware.
>
> My first reaction was to call her right back so that I could get it over with. Despite my anxiety, I decided to meditate. Before doing so I wrote down my fear and put it in my God box. I reminded myself of S-1 through S-3. Then I settled down for a deep meditation followed by a restful nap, I still felt anxious when I awoke, so I applied my favorite decision making slogans, “1st things 1st”, and Let go & let God.”
>
> When I finally returned her call, it turned out to be less confrontational than I had imagined. I thanked my HP for giving me yet another opportunity to apply the program & maintain serenity in spite of my fears.
>
>
>
> Thought for the day
>
> When fear tempts me to abandon my responsibilities to myself. Practicing my program will help me resist the trap.
>
>
>
> “I pray that I may not fall into the error of anticipating trouble, if it should come, let me meet it with equanimity & love.”
>
>
>
> (Hope for Today, pg-118)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 332.jpg (27.3 KB, 3 views)
krafty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to krafty For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply