Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default God’s Surprises

God’s Surprises by Helen Leschied

“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19).

Often we look to friends and family members to meet our needs instead of to God. When we look to family or friends we’ll inevitably be disappointed. Then self-pity, resentment and bitterness will set in, on both sides.

God knows our needs for love and affirmation and He has infinite ways of meeting them.

At a recent visit, I watched as my daughter was showing a friend some family photos. Great, I thought, until I noticed that there wasn’t a single photo of me. How typical, I thought. Once more I’ve been left out of the collection. Just as I was about to give in to a full dose of self -pity, a beautiful monarch butterfly landed on my lap. It flexed its wings and put on a little show for me.

God, did you send the butterfly to show me that I am loved? I mused. It must be, for I’ve never had it happen before that a monarch butterfly chose my lap as a landing place. As I allowed my thoughts to follow the path of love, the earlier feelings of rejection melted away.

This incident taught me that we have a choice, at any given moment, to focus on the negative or the positive. One leads to frustration and pain, the other leads to freedom and joy.

When I had decided to settle my thoughts on love, a solution to the above problem formed in my mind: I’ll get my camera and ask this friend to take photos of my daughter and me.

~Father, Thank you that You know my weakness and my brokenness and that You have promised to meet all my needs.

Questions: How is God wanting to meet your need right now? It will always come as a surprise, but you must be aware of the moment and latch onto it.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply