Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-24-2016, 07:51 AM   #31
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 24

Philippians 139:23 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

Control your temper, for anger labels you a fool. - Ecclesiastes 7:9

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." — John 20:29

Psalm 116
1 I love the Lord, for he heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.
2 Because he turned his ear to me,
I will call on him as long as I live.

Psalm 103:1-5
Praise the Lord, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

Help us, God our Savior, for the glory of your name; deliver us and forgive our sins for your name’s sake. Psalm 79:9

1 Chronicles 16:10 Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2016, 07:55 AM   #33
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 25

2 Samuel 7:14 (NIV) I will be his father, and he will be my son.

Thought: God still fills voids. Let him fill yours.

Kind words are like honey-sweet to the soul and healthy for the body. - Proverbs 16:24

Isaiah 40:28 NIV Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Matthew 5:14
Old 08-26-2016, 08:20 AM   #35
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 26

1 Corinthians 2:9 However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived” - the things God has prepared for those who love him

2 Samuel 7:20 (NIV) "What more can David say to you? For You know Your servant, O Sovereign Lord."

Thought: He knows you, too.

But the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one. - 2 Thessalonians 3:3

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God’s will. —Romans 8:26-27

Romans 12:4-5 - 4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

Galatians 6:10 NIV Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. Ephesians 1:17

And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation. Isaiah 25:9
Old 08-27-2016, 07:46 AM   #37
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 27

2 Timothy 1:9 He has saved us and called us to a holy life — not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! - Isaiah 26:3

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 1:3 (NLT): As we know Jesus better, his divine power gives us everything we need for living a godly life. He has called us to receive his own glory and goodness!

Today’s Thought: God promises us that He will take care of us. We need to trust Him always, especially when you are in a situation when only He can help. He never fails!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for always taking care of me. I ask that You help me learn to trust You no matter what the circumstances are. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
Old 08-28-2016, 10:00 AM   #38
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 28

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Hear me as I pray, OLORD. Be merciful and answer me! - Psalm 27:7

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. —Romans 8:28

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. — James 1:12

John 6:29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done.” Matthew 21:21

1 Thessalonians 5:9-11 (NIV) - For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:48 AM   #39
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 29

Don't you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you? - 1 Corinthians 3:16

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 1:5-7 (NLT): So make every effort to apply the benefits of these promises to your life. Then your faith will produce a life of moral excellence. A life of moral excellence leads to knowing God better. Knowing God leads to self-control. Self-control leads to patient endurance, and patient endurance leads to godliness. Godliness leads to love for other Christians, and finally you will grow to have genuine love for everyone.

Today’s Thought: God promises us if we apply the above to our life that we will reap great benefits. Let’s try our best to live this way.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me have more faith & live a moral life. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. — Ephesians 6:13

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21

"As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day." Ezekiel 34:12

Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:21 AM   #40
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 30

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Give your burdens to the LORD, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall. - Psalm 55:22

Psalm 124:7-8 —

We have escaped like a bird
from the fowler’s snare;
the snare has been broken,
and we have escaped.
Our help is in the name of the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. — Hebrews 12:1

Ephesians 2:19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household,

Deuteronomy 15:7-8 NIV If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the LORD your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother. Rather be openhanded and freely lend him whatever he needs.

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans. Proverbs 16:3
Old 08-31-2016, 07:27 AM   #41
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 31

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

2 Samuel 7:29 (NIV) "Now be pleased to bless the house of Your servant, that it may continue forever in Your sight..."

Thought: Bless your family. Pray for them.

As pressure and stress bear down on me, I find joy in your commands. - Psalm 119:143

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 1:10-11 (NLT): So, dear brothers and sisters, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen. Doing this, you will never stumble or fall away. And God will open wide the gates of heaven for you to enter into the eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Today’s Thought: If we are constantly working at our jobs, it is a witness to the unbelievers, who you work with. You never know what impact your work ethics will have on people. Work as if you are working for God.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me work hard so You can get all the glory. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Psalm 95:6-7
6 Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;
7 for he is our God
and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care.
Post New ThreadReply