Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Lounge > Humor
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Humor "We Are Not A Glum Lot." Share Articles, Humor, Inspirations, Jokes, News, Poems, Quotes, Writings, etc. Here. Keep It Clean Please.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Dear Lildee,

Thank you for adding to the list. I hadn't added a few of my own because I had an appointment.

I remember those clothes lines with a line divider and wooden clothes pegs. Also those circular ones which stuck up from your back yard like a giant umbrella.

I was raised with outhouses. We had two outhouses, one attached to the garage and a two-seater about 50 ft. behind the house.
I remember seeing my grandfather's Clydsdales pulling the plough when I was six.
I remember plucking the chicken and hating the smell, especialy when my mother burned newspaper on top of the wood stove to singe the pin feathers.
Chopping kindling to start the fire in the wood stove. (I once started a chimney fire that could be seen over a mile away because I forgot to shut off the draft)
Bathtubs on legs
I was 17 when I had my first taste of pizza, it was cold and I never touched it for years. It was a plain slab one and when I tasted one years later I resented all the time I had wasted because of my first impression.
We didn't get a TV until I was 14.
My dad had a Model T and I let the seat fall on my sisters finger and she never lets me forget.
Maybe a Desota car can be added to the list.
I use to own a Rambler thanks to my dear #2.
Root cellars
Unpasteurized milk, skimming off the cream from the top of the pail fresh from the barn.
Carrying water from the well.
Stacking loose hay
The smell of fresh clover when you laid in the field and made angels and looked at the clouds.
Heating the water in the reservoir of the wood stove and bathed in a tin tub, one was square and when I got older a round one.
Homemade bread, pies and cakes.
Fresh churned butter and straight from the hen eggs.
Lye soap and washboards to clean your clothes.
Remember getting my hand stuck in the wringer, and stead of releasing it, I rolled it back out! Duh!!!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply