Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2014, 10:09 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default The Joy of Being Forgiven: Loved with Everlasting Love

Classic Tuesday – The Joy of Being Forgiven: Loved with Everlasting Love

Today begins a series on Classic Tuesdays called The Joy of Being Forgiven. The message is timeless, and we hope that you’ll be blessed by the Lord as we share from our archives.
As originally stated when the series first appeared on Meet Me in the Meadow, there are three main reasons for this series:
  1. To help those who are burdened by sin to enter into the joy of being forgiven.
  2. To remind those who have been forgiven to live each day in thankfulness for the gift of His forgiveness and the joy it has brought your heart.
  3. To provide for those who know the joy of being forgiven, a way for them to share the message of God’s forgiveness with others.
Please feel free to print out these postings or share them online as the Lord may lead you.
Grace and peace to you,
Marina
Loved with Everlasting Love
Jesus loves you as no one ever could. His suffering, His sacrifice, His death, and His resurrection demonstrate that love. When you look at the cross you will never need to question if He loves you.
He came for you, He died for you, He lives for you.
When you look at His shed blood you will never need to question how much He cares for you. What a tremendous price He has paid for you, more than all the riches, of all the kingdoms, in all the world. It is because of Jesus’ shed blood that we can be forgiven and know the joy of that forgiveness each day.
Darkness
Sin brings darkness. It is the world of darkness within us that the light of Jesus Christ seeks to invade.
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the DaySpring from on high hath visited us, to give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
1 John 1:5, 2 Corinthians 4:6, Acts 26:18, Luke 1:78, Luke 1:79
Spiritual darkness is the presence of sin and the absence of truth in our hearts and lives. We can have an education and still be in darkness. We can study philosophy and religion and still be in darkness. We can go to church or do social work in our community and still be in darkness. We can be sincere or be tolerant of others and what they believe and still be in darkness.
Darkness is deception, keeping us from the knowledge of God; Darkness is separation, keeping us from the fellowship of God; darkness is isolation keeping us from the presence of God.
Darkness is something we should treat as an enemy, yet many treat as a friend. We like darkness because we feel it hides us from being exposed for who we really are. The sin in us runs deep. The darkness is our cloak and covering from being found out.
Jesus seeks us out in our darkness. Although we may be hiding from Him, He is not hiding from us. He is standing near us—clothed with white garments…covered with glory…reaching out with arms of mercy…inviting us into the marvelous light of His forgiveness and love.
Lord, deliver me from the darkness of my own way. Place Your truth within me so that I may know You and Your ways. I want to come out of my hiding and walk with You in Your light. I know that nothing is hidden from You and that You know me inside and out. I let go of every lie and deception that has kept me from You. Thank You that You can take me from the kingdom of darkness and place me into the kingdom of light. I welcome Your light and love into my life.

http://www.roylessin.net/
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply