Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2021, 08:43 AM   #1
roverl0616

Default Our Spirit Saves Us

We deny everything. Some things are harder to deny than others, but denial is at the very core of our problem. Part of my denying was that I had no spirit. I had the hardest time denying this. Things would come up or would happen in my life and I'd feel a connection to this part of me that I kept denying I had. This happened over and over, almost as if it was happening on purpose. It was like I was being forced to see that no matter how hard I'd tried to deny it, there was no denying it, I had a spirit. Even at the end of my drinking, when I couldn't feel much, I could still feel that connection. It wouldn't go away. I believe it's from having that connection I was saved from being killed by this disease, and that it had been trying to save me all long, and I also believe that had I succeeded in my denial I wouldn't be here now.
roverl0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to roverl0616 For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply