Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2021, 08:08 AM   #1
roverl0616

Default Self Centered

To a degree everyone suffers from this being self centered. Sometimes it is described as only being interested in what's in it for me, or what's this going to cost me. Fear is what's behind us being this way. When we try to start our recovery this makes it impossible for us to do so. Fortunately, recovery is fashioned so that we are able to rid ourselves of being self centered, if we choose to do so. We are the only ones that can decide to part ways with it for it belongs to us and no one else. Everyone who has made that decision knows how hard and difficult this is, but we also know the great rewards that can come from doing this. It's really a simple decision either we continue with the status quo, or we adventure into something new. We have found that a life centered in spiritually is far superior then the one based in self, but just the idea of letting go of being self centered can cause a great fear in many of us. This fear is usually greater than all the fears that make us being self centered, but until we have the faith to allow ourselves to go through that fear, the one that comes from letting go of being self centered, it doesn't happen and won't for many of us.
roverl0616 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to roverl0616 For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply