Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Lounge > General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

General Forum A place to share about everything else.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-07-2015, 06:45 PM   #211
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
MPORTANT HEALTH ADVICE FOR WOMEN

Do you have feelings of inadequacy?
Do you suffer from shyness?
Do you sometimes wish you were more assertive?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist about Chardonnay.

Chardonnay is the safe, natural way to feel better and more confident about yourself and your actions. Chardonnay can help ease you out of your shyness and let you tell the world that you're ready and willing to do just about anything.

You will notice the benefits of Chardonnay almost immediately and with a regimen of regular doses you can overcome any obstacles that prevent you from living the life you want to live.

Shyness and awkwardness will be a thing of the past and you will discover many talents you never knew you had.Stop hiding and start living, with Chardonnay.

Chardonnay may not be right for everyone. Women who are pregnant or nursing should not use Chardonnay. However, women who wouldn't mind nursing or becoming pregnant are encouraged to try it.

Side effects may include dizziness, nausea, vomiting, incarceration, erotic lustfulness, loss of
motor control, loss of clothing, loss of money, loss of virginity, delusions of grandeur, table dancing, headache, dehydration, dry mouth, and a desire to
sing Karaoke and play all-night rounds of Strip Poker, Truth Or Dare, and Naked Twister.

* The consumption of Chardonnay may make you think you are whispering when you are not.
* The consumption of Chardonnay may cause you to tell your friends over and over again that you love them.
* The consumption=20 of Chardonnay may cause you to think you can sing.
* The consumption of Chardonnay may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to
telephone them at four in the morning.
* The consumption of Chardonnay may make you think you can logically converse with members of the opposite sex without spitting.
* The consumption of Chardonnay may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.

Isn't it time you asked YOUR doctor about Chardonnay?
From a 2009 post on another site.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2015, 06:46 PM   #212
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

This was sent to me by a near and dear friend in recovery:

Subject: Cake

Sometimes we wonder, "What did I do to deserve
this?" or "Why did God have to do this to me?" Here
is a wonderful explanation!

A daughter is telling her Mother how everything is
going wrong, she's failing algebra, her boyfriend
broke up with her and her best friend is moving
away.

Meanwhile, her Mother is baking a cake and asks
her daughter if she would like a snack, and the
daughter says, "Absolutely Mom, I love your cake."

Here, have some cooking oil," her Mother
offers. "Yuck" says her daughter.

"How about a couple raw eggs?"

"Gross, Mom!"

"Would you like some flour then? Or maybe baking
soda?" "Mom, those are all yucky!"

To which the mother replies: "Yes, all those
things seem bad all by themselves. But when they are
put together in the right way, they make
wonderfully delicious cake!

God works the same way. Many times we wonder why
He would let us go through such bad and difficult
times. But God knows that when He puts these things
all in His order, they always work for good! We just
have to trust Him and, eventually, they will all
make something wonderful!

God is crazy about you. He sends you flowers
every spring and a sunrise every morning.

Whenever you want to talk, He'll listen. He can
live anywhere in the universe, and He chose your
heart.

If you like this, send this on to the people you
really care about. I did.

I hope your day is a "piece of cake!"

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but
while we are here we might as well dance.

Love and God Bless
Arlene
Haven't seen this for a long time. I love cake and don't get to eat it very often. Great food for thought from an old friend.

Squirrel:

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/anima...-squirrel.html

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:41 PM   #213
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

There are many stages of grief. I can be a lot of compounded interest. Things we have not fully grieved in our past. Every change be it people, place and/or thing in our lives, is subject to grief.

The sadness, bargaining, depression, anger and acceptance isn't done in an orderly fashion and we can fluctuate between them all.

The end of a marriage, the loss of your home and security, your change in routine, the end of being able to do things a certain way, the loss of articles which are no longer in your possession, the loss of the inter-action with your husband and the things he did for you, all contributing to your feelings.

Self-pity is only if you choose to stay there; and only we can get ourselves out by taking action and doing what you need to do for yourself. If you have the poor mes, I would say you have a right to them, but they certainly aren't a place to stay and the only person that can get you out of it is you.

Instead of looking at what you have lost, perhaps you need to focus on what you are gaining. The new doors that are options and the freedom of choice as to what you are going to do with your life. God has a plan for us all, ask Him what He wants you to do with your life, what lessons you need to learn and aligning your will with God's, will make for a more peaceful journey.

Share, keeping things inside only allows them to fester and grow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ATT000162.jpg (33.3 KB, 6 views)

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:43 PM   #214
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Grief

Quote:
As I have said many times, the real old-timers of the "golden age of AA" had simple solutions to complicated problems of life.

The following is an exercise they would tell a new-comer full of guilt. It will also work for self-pity and grief over the past:

Take a container of milk and spill it all over your kitchen floor (that's the past)..Now, you have two choices - try to put that milk back into the container (it cant't be done, only an alkie would try . The second choice is to wipe it up and go on with your life doing the next right thing.

As one of those old-timers once told me "the entire AA program can be reduced to three words - Accept, Accept, Accept"!

Tiger
Love the story Tiger. It brought a visual of me, spilling my coca-cola or worse still some "Crown Royal" on the counter and bending down to lick it up. The deadliest sin was to SPILL some! Heaven forbid!

It never ceases to amaze me how I stayed in denial for two years because I couldn't 'accept' my alcoholism. I didn't want to wear a label I had put on my dad and my ex-husband. Denial can keep us sick for a very long time. The only thing to bring us out of it as you say is acceptance, and all of it is such a big part of grief.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ATT000224.jpg (36.5 KB, 6 views)

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:17 PM   #215
dwmoeller

It took me years to accept that I was an alcoholic. Not even a DUI in 1991 stopped me. Denial can keep me sick for a very long time. It was when I went into treatment for depression and alcohol in 2010, that I came to accept that: "My name is Dave and I am an alcoholic!"

Dave

dwmoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dwmoeller For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply