Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 11/22

"Have plenty of courage. God is stronger than the devil. We are on the winning side." - John Jay Chapman

God's hand is at work even when we are unaware of it.

For best results, follow God's instructions.

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" --Erma Bombeck

Nothing hath separated us from God but our own will, or rather our own will is our separation from God. --William Law

"If you're headed in the wrong direction, God allows U- turns."

It becomes a hard life when we pray to God for all sorts of help but we won't be quiet, sit back, and listen for the answers God provides. Don't dominate the conversation: Be silent and listen a little. In other words, meditate. Quiet down and observe your life. --John-Roger

Back on the Road By Rick Boxx
My car was at the bottom of a ditch. I needed a tow truck, but as a poor teenager I had no money. Humbly, I called my friend's grandfather. Approaching my car, he asked, "How did this happen?"
After recounting my escapades, this man of few words summarized my foolishness. "So," he said, "you were proud, drunk, stupid, and you're broke?"
Stinging from his rebuke I quietly said, "Yes, sir."
"Now that you understand your foolishness," he replied, "let's get you back on the road."
James 5:20 teaches, "Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins."
Sometimes we land in a ditch. Thank God for those who rebuke us, then help us get back on the road.

Cushion of the Sea Author Unknown
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging." (Psalm 46:1-3)
Several years ago a submarine was being tested and had to remain submerged for many hours. When it returned to the harbor, the captain was asked, "How did the terrible storm last night affect you?" The officer looked at him in surprise and exclaimed, "Storm? We didn't even know there was one!" The sub had been so far beneath the surface that it had reached the area known to sailors as "the cushion of the sea." Although the ocean may be whipped into huge waves by high winds, the waters below are never stirred.
Being a Christian doesn't deliver us from the trials and troubles of life because we live in a broken world where it rains on the just as well as the unjust. However, our faith in Christ gives us an anchor in the storm and a hiding place in the shadow of his wings. As David the Psalmist prayed, "Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy! I look to you for protection. I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings until this violent storm is past." Psalm 57:1-2
Suggested prayer: "Dear God, in the words of the hymn writer, 'When the storms of life are raging, Stand by me; When the world is tossing me like a ship upon the sea. Thou Who rulest wind and water, Stand by me.' And when the storms of life are raging, help me to put my trust in you so I will find a sense of calm and inner peace regardless of the circumstances that are threatening to drown me. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus' name, Amen."

Don't Look Back
God didn't create anything without a purpose -- but mosquitos come close.
Watching Jim Fowler's animal show, I watched an Owl turn its head completely backward. Wow, I'd love to be able to do that, especially when backing out of a driveway.
Unfortunately, many of us spend too much time looking backward and fretting about things that are past and can't be changed. We need to "get over it" and move on to more positive memories. Cherish the good ones and put aside the bad ones. Stewing over things we can't change is like treading water -- you may stay afloat, but you aren't going anywhere.
Phil. 3:14, "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Toward indicates forward -- no looking back. We have the advantage of God pulling, the Holy Spirit pushing and Christ beside us. That's a winning combination for moving positively forward that is available to you. Take advantage of it. Don't look back -- you may find the devil gaining on you. --Dave George

Energized By David Jeremiah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." - Romans 15:13
A man flying home from a mission's project was weary. He worried that his overseas trip had been only partially productive, and he dreaded coming home to his desktop of work. Pulling out his Bible, he began thumbing through it; and, like a flash, certain verses about joy came to mind. He reached for a pen and paper and began writing them down: In Your presence is fullness of joy. . . . These things I have spoken to you, that . . . your joy may be full. . . . The joy of the Lord is your strength. . . .
By the time he finished, he had a list of fifteen "Joy Verses" from the Bible, and those verses energized him like a divine tonic. He knew the Lord wanted him to return home and plunge into his work with joy.
We often need a jolt of energy to make it through the day, and the power of God's Word applied by God's Spirit gives us the continual strength we need. He energizes us. Perhaps that's what Paul had in mind when he spoke of God's "energy, which so powerfully works in me" (Colossians 1:29 NIV).
Do you need renewed strength today? Remember that spending time with Jesus energizes the soul.
Recommended Reading: Colossians 1:24-29

The Game's Not Over Until It's Over By Rocky Henriques
Anyone going through a difficult time needs to remember that the end has not yet come, and that our Heavenly Father may have all manner of wonderful things in store just around the bend in the road. USA TODAY once reported a story which demonstrates this fact very well.
Milwaukee Hamilton High School had a 22-15 lead against Milwaukee Marshall with just a few seconds left in a football game one Friday night in September of 1983. It appeared to be a sure victory. With only four seconds remaining, Hamilton, which was on its 40-yard line, snapped the ball to Jose Alba. Alba ran back toward his end zone to run out the clock, then tossed the ball into the air as time expired, thinking the game was over, and the victory belonged to him and his teammates.
But, remember-in football, the play is not finished until the ball is downed while in the possession of a player. So when the ball came down, one of Marshall's players, Floyd Heard, picked it up on the five and ran it in for a touchdown. Then with time expired, Marshall attempted the two-point conversion-and made it. They won the game 23-22.
There are many times in our lives when we're on the losing side of the scoreboard, and time is running out. If Floyd Heard had believed what the circumstances told him, he would have walked to the sideline, accepting defeat. Yet that is what we do so many times in our lives. The game - nor life - is over until it's over. Be encouraged! Don't give up! Stay the course!
"Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up." (Luke 18:1 NIV)
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." (Galatians 6:9 NIV)

YOUR WILL Author Unknown
While watching the World Series last week, I was reminded of this wonderful devotional thought that we've shared before...
During the late 50's and early 60's, a man by the name of Bobby Richardson played second base for the NY Yankees. Bobby Richardson was nominated as MVP of the American League nine times. He played in seven All-star Games. He won five Gold Glove Awards. And he was the only man in baseball history to ever win the World Series MVP Award while playing for the losing team.
In the later years of Bobby Richardson's career, he coached the baseball team at Liberty University. The reason such a great player was willing to coach at a Christian university was because Bobby Richardson was himself a committed follower of Jesus Christ.
During a speech at a meeting of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Bobby Richardson was called upon to pray and here is his prayer: "Dear God, Your will, nothing more, nothing less, nothing else. Amen."
May that be your prayer today. "Dear God, Your will, nothing more, nothing less, nothing else. Amen

Revelation 22:13 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.”

He is the First and Last, the Beginning and the End!
He is the keeper of Creation and the Creator of all!
He is the Architect of the universe and the Manager of all times.
He always was, He always is, and He always will be...
Unmoved, Unchanged, Undefeated, and never Undone!
He was bruised and brought healing!
He was pierced and eased pain!
He was persecuted and brought freedom!
He was dead and brought life!
He is risen and brings power!
He reigns and brings Peace!
The world can't understand him,
The armies can't defeat Him,
The schools can't explain Him,
and The leaders can't ignore Him.
Herod couldn't kill Him,
The Pharisees couldn't confuse Him,
and The people couldn't hold Him!
Nero couldn't crush Him,
Hitler couldn't silence Him,
The New Age can't replace Him,
and no one can explain Him away! He is light, love, longevity, and Lord.
He is goodness, Kindness, Gentleness, and God.
He is Holy, Righteous, mighty, powerful, and pure.
His ways are right, His word is eternal, His will is unchanging, and His mind is on me.
He is my Redeemer, He is my Savior, He is my guide, and He is my peace!
He is my Joy, He is my comfort, He is my Lord, and He rules my life!
I serve Him because His bond is love, His burden is light, and His goal for me is abundant life.
I follow Him because He is the wisdom of the wise, the power of the powerful, the ancient of days, the ruler of rulers, the leader of leaders, the overseer of the overcomers, and the sovereign Lord of all that was and is and is to come.

And if that seems impressive to you, try this for size. His goal is a relationship with ME!
He will never leave me, never forsake me, never mislead me, never forget me, never overlook me, and never cancel my appointment in His appointment book!
When I fall, He lifts me up!
When I fail, He forgives!
When I am weak, He is strong!
When I am lost, He is the way!
When I am afraid, He is my courage!
When I stumble, He steadies me!
When I am hurt, He heals me!
When I am broken, He mends me!
When I am blind, He leads me!
When I am hungry, He feeds me!
When I face trials, He is with me!
When I face persecution, He shields me!
When I face problems, He comforts me!
When I face loss, He provides for me!
When I face Death, He carries me Home!
He is everything for everybody, everywhere, every time, and every way. He is God,
He is faithful. I am His, and He is mine.
My Father in heaven can whip the father of this world. So, if you're wondering why I feel so secure, understand this... He said it and that settles it. God is in control, I am on His side, and that means all is well with my soul. Everyday is a blessing for GOD Is!
It is so amazing that we have the Creator of Heaven and earth to lean on as our guide and as our Lord. I am so thankful for what He has taught me, but I think most of all for how much He has corrected me in my life for things I’ve done that I know were wrong. We cannot live in sin when the Almighty Lord of Heaven and earth has His spirit living in us. I pray that we will be thankful and grateful for what He has done for us and help our brothers and sisters in Christ when we see them crying out for His correction in their
lives. I pray that we will be sensitive enough to know that God is using us in that point in time in our lives to influence one of His children to turn his or her life back over to God, and in doing so, utterly glorify Him because He is the Alpha and the Omega!
Prayer: Praise Him for being the Alpha and Omega and so much more! Confess to Him the times when you have not allowed Him to be the Lord of your life. Thank Him for all He’s done for you and for allowing you to be His child. Ask Him to help you serve Him more and more each day and to die to yourself daily. --The Voice

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Stand your spiritual ground, and refuse the temptation to go back to places where you have already gained victory. I speak of self-indulgence, pride, competition, greed and the like. Take the time to get re-focused on walking and living in the Spirit. Do not give fear or insecurity a place in you that would open a door to the enemy. Rise up and re-establish yourself in faith and purity, says the Lord. Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

Your victories will come one skirmish at a time, one battle at a time until you win the war. Remember that I am not only on your side, but I empower you to see the enemy for who he is and what he is doing. I have given you the authority you need to win. Righteousness is your most effective weapon against the devil, says the Lord. Be obedient to My Word. 1 John 5:18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.

Breakthrough will come one small step at a time as you get the wisdom necessary to gain victory. Expect to go from strength to strength in many and varied aspects of your life. You would do well to consider how discouragement kills faith and to do all that is required to overcome, says the Lord. Psalm 84:5-7 Blessed is the man whose strength is in You, whose heart is set on pilgrimage. As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a spring; the rain also covers it with pools. They go from strength to strength; each one appears before God in Zion.

Pay attention and know that hindering assignments have been sent against you to impede your progress. Watch for the areas of life where you have lost momentum or have stopped moving forward in spiritual progression. You will need to resist the forces set against you. It may take extraordinary work to press through, but it will be worth the effort, says the Lord. Freedom awaits! James 4:7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Stay in the flow of My Spirit by allowing Me to direct you. I will lead you by My peace, so you need pay attention as to whether or not your heart is at peace in any situation. Evaluate by using your discernment to determine the difference between right and wrong; good and evil, and make every effort to stay on the path of righteousness, says the Lord. I will protect you there. Hebrews 5:14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Let your faith arise. Let your faith be the prominent part of that which you pursue in this season. Use your faith. Allow your faith to grow. Allow it to become sensitive to My promptings. Allow your faith to come to Me unhindered by doubt or unbelief. Allow it to come and you shall receive that which I have for you, says the Most Holy. Let your faith arise because it is the very substance of things hoped for. Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Choose Wisely by Anne R.C. Neale
We are but small beings in a big universe
But we are special, we're made in His image you know,
God didn't create us for something to do,
He made us specifically for a purpose, that's so,
God knows what He is doing, He is the ALL,
He created us to learn, to love, and to live too,
He gave us a physical body and a Spirit and Soul,
He made us from special blue prints me and you.
You were created by the Love of God,
You have free will to choose your way of life,
One day All Believers will meet Him above,
I hope you choose wisely, your life's strife.

Beneath The Trees by Wesley Yonts
It's pleasant in the summertime to sit beneath the trees
And feel the gentle caress of the warm and silent breeze...
And see the soft, white clouds drifting with the wind,
And hear the crickets chirping, their voices shrill and thin.
And to hear the birds so sweetly singing as they fly from limb to limb,
And feel the graciousness of God as I commune with Him.
So let the world go spinning by and do as it may please,
I'll be content to talk with God and sit beneath His trees.

God's Promise by -Vi B. Chevalier
Whenever your heart is hurting,
And you're filled with much despair,
Wherever you turn, friend, for solace,
Remember that God's always there.
Whatever fate brings without warning,
Whatever the trials that you bear,
God's love and grace will enfold you,
If you turn to Him in prayer.
For He is the rainbow above us,
Awesome for all to see,
Reflecting His promise and glory
When we seek Him implicitly.

On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." John 7:37-38

"We tell you the good news: What God promised our fathers he has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus. "Therefore, my brothers, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Through him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the law of Moses.
Acts 13:32-33; 38-39

Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. Ephesians 5:1-2; 8-10; 15-21

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. John 12:32

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. James 1:22

At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion's mouth. The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen. The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you. 2 Timothy 4:16-18; 22

Praise the LORD , O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. The LORD works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed. Psalm 103:1-6

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going." John 14:1-4

Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving
and extol him with music and song. For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land. Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care. Psalm 95:1-7

Your GPS is a Lamp to My Feet by Peter Lundell
Driving at night from Interstate 5 through the coastal mountains to San Jose. The GPS says go this way.
Really? But we need to go to the 101.
Road signs say go this way, then that way, then the other way.
Double lanes narrow to single. What's going on? Isn't this supposed to be a big road? We're going to the technology capitol of the world.
The road curves and turns. "Pete, this can't be right."
I grumble.
"Turn around." Wife is not happy.
But the GPS seems happy.
I consider tossing it on the road and running it over.
No lights anywhere but for other cars. Shuttered fruit stands the only structures in the dark.
How did this happen? Can't trust a GPS. Maybe a glitch and it thinks the address is in another town. I should turn the dumb thing off.
"I'll pull over and check the map." But there's no place to pull over. Anywhere. Only headlights riding my bumper. I say a bad word and keep driving.
She calls ahead. They have no idea. Not good.
Let's try anyway. What a dumb idea. But we can't get much more lost.
Then a freeway sign and an on-ramp. Huh? We're on the 101. How did that happen?
Soon the GPS says, "Arriving at address . . ." And we're in front of the house.
Returning the next day, the same dark windy road becomes a picturesque tour through hills and fruit fields. What a lovely drive along sycamore trees, strawberry fields, and cheerful fruit stands.
And I think how often I've done this in life, and so have you. We encounter uncharted directions and field untested challenges. God's GPS, a.k.a. the Bible, directs us but we don't trust it. Our situation is different. God doesn't understand. Or maybe he doesn't care. So we're on our own in the dark.
The road signs seem to contradict what God's GPS tells us. Our common sense contradicts it as well. And we think we know better, but we're lost. Or maybe we're not lost but we feel lost.
We think we're wandering in a hostile wilderness. Until we find that we're not. That we're in God's hands. And we arrive well.
When we look back or revisit the situation, it seems fine. Because we know how it works out. Faith is easy the day after. But then it's not really faith, it's only reflection.
The Bible says, "Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" (Hebrews 11:1). We can't see much in the darkness of life's confusions or pain. And we can't see around the corners of our future. We trust or we stumble. Faith—being sure of God's GPS— happens while it's still dark and the road still twists. Blessed are we when we trust in his word against all contradictions.
Following God's GPS goes like this:
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. I have taken an oath and confirmed it, that I will follow your righteous laws. I have suffered much; preserve my life, O LORD, according to your word (Psalm 119:105–7).
Lord, too often I have not trusted you. Forgive me. I choose here and now to trust you the next time my life's path gets twisted or dark. Your Word is my map, and I travel in your hands.

Wait Upon The Lord
"You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world."(I John 4:4).
If you are like me, you don't like to wait. My personality is such where I want to do it right now...think about it later. Why plan when you can just start doing it. And sometimes that is the way to go but usually not.
When we are facing changes or when God is renewing, we must learn to wait, to be patient. Why? If we rush forward without the Lord we will be out of step with His timing. We've all done that before, I'm sure. We get so excited about a new ministry work, a new calling or a new church and we rush right into it without praying it through thoroughly and how many times has that proved to be a knee-jerk reaction.
"But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."(Romans 8:25).
Rushing into a huge purchase can foolishly put us under a huge financial burden. Rushing into a marriage without praying about God's Will and following the scriptures can result in being unequally yoked.
The reason we wait is to purge ourselves of our human, impulsive ways which can cancel out our dependency upon the Spirit and cause us to walk mostly in the flesh, in human wisdom.
Today, someone is rushing into something when they need to slow down and really seek the Lord's Will and see what the scriptures say. Is the Holy Spirit able to move you or are you so engrossed in rushing ahead that you really don't want to hear what the Spirit says? Slow
down! Seek the Lord. Search the scriptures. Do what is right, not what "feels" right.
The disciples were commanded by Jesus not to rush into their ministry work. Instead, they were to wait for the power to do the work of ministry. That power is the Holy Spirit.
Today, please spend some time praying, making sure that your next move is in step with the Holy Spirit. "Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."(Galatians 5:25).
When you know the Spirit is leading and you know the scriptures are clear and you are at peace with what clearly God is calling you to do, do it! The waiting is over. Perhaps some of you are there now. Perhaps, you've got the waiting part down, but now the Spirit is willing but the flesh is week. Get up and move out when God ends the waiting!
Dear Heavenly Father, when we move too fast, help us to wait upon You. When we move too slow, help us to get in step with You. In Jesus' Name, AMEN --dlburns

Good Morning Lord, Walk with us this day. Allow us the ability to listen, understand and follow your words. Please wrap your arms around our friends and family, and also those who we do not, nor may ever know, who are suffering. May they feel your presence, and know that you are there to walk with them. We ask all things in Your name, Amen.

Read Through The Bible
1 Chronicles 26
The Gatekeepers
1 Concerning the divisions of the gatekeepers: of the Korahites, Meshelemiah the son of Kore, of the sons of Asaph. 2 And the sons of Meshelemiah were Zechariah the firstborn, Jediael the second, Zebadiah the third, Jathniel the fourth, 3 Elam the fifth, Jehohanan the sixth, Eliehoenai the seventh. 4 Moreover the sons of Obed-Edom were Shemaiah the firstborn, Jehozabad the second, Joah the third, Sacar the fourth, Nethanel the fifth, 5 Ammiel the sixth, Issachar the seventh, Peulthai the eighth; for God blessed him. 6 Also to Shemaiah his son were sons born who governed their fathers’ houses, because they were men of great ability. 7 The sons of Shemaiah were Othni, Rephael, Obed, and Elzabad, whose brothers Elihu and Semachiah were able men. 8 All these were of the sons of Obed-Edom, they and their sons and their brethren, able men with strength for the work: sixty-two of Obed-Edom. 9 And Meshelemiah had sons and brethren, eighteen able men. 10 Also Hosah, of the children of Merari, had sons: Shimri the first (for though he was not the firstborn, his father made him the first), 11 Hilkiah the second, Tebaliah the third, Zechariah the fourth; all the sons and brethren of Hosah were thirteen. 12 Among these were the divisions of the gatekeepers, among the chief men, having duties just like their brethren, to serve in the house of the Lord. 13 And they cast lots for each gate, the small as well as the great, according to their father’s house. 14 The lot for the East Gate fell to Shelemiah. Then they cast lots for his son Zechariah, a wise counselor, and his lot came out for the North Gate; 15 to Obed-Edom the South Gate, and to his sons the storehouse. 16 To Shuppim and Hosah the lot came out for the West Gate, with the Shallecheth Gate on the ascending highway—watchman opposite watchman. 17 On the east were six Levites, on the north four each day, on the south four each day, and for the storehouse two by two. 18 As for the Parbar on the west, there were four on the highway and two at the Parbar. 19 These were the divisions of the gatekeepers among the sons of Korah and among the sons of Merari.
The Treasuries and Other Duties
20 Of the Levites, Ahijah was over the treasuries of the house of God and over the treasuries of the dedicated things. 21 The sons of Laadan, the descendants of the Gershonites of Laadan, heads of their fathers’ houses, of Laadan the Gershonite: Jehieli. 22 The sons of Jehieli, Zetham and Joel his brother, were over the treasuries of the house of the Lord. 23 Of the Amramites, the Izharites, the Hebronites, and the Uzzielites: 24 Shebuel the son of Gershom, the son of Moses, was overseer of the treasuries. 25 And his brethren by Eliezer were Rehabiah his son, Jeshaiah his son, Joram his son, Zichri his son, and Shelomith his son. 26 This Shelomith and his brethren were over all the treasuries of the dedicated things which King David and the heads of fathers’ houses, the captains over thousands and hundreds, and the captains of the army, had dedicated. 27 Some of the spoils won in battles they dedicated to maintain the house of the Lord. 28 And all that Samuel the seer, Saul the son of Kish, Abner the son of Ner, and Joab the son of Zeruiah had dedicated, every dedicated thing, was under the hand of Shelomith and his brethren. 29 Of the Izharites, Chenaniah and his sons performed duties as officials and judges over Israel outside Jerusalem. 30 Of the Hebronites, Hashabiah and his brethren, one thousand seven hundred able men, had the oversight of Israel on the west side of the Jordan for all the business of the Lord, and in the service of the king. 31 Among the Hebronites, Jerijah was head of the Hebronites according to his genealogy of the fathers. In the fortieth year of the reign of David they were sought, and there were found among them capable men at Jazer of Gilead. 32 And his brethren were two thousand seven hundred able men, heads of fathers’ houses, whom King David made officials over the Reubenites, the Gadites, and the half-tribe of Manasseh, for every matter pertaining to God and the affairs of the king.

Lord help me to realize that I am nothing without you. Help me to depend on you daily to strengthen me to do that which you would have me do.

Father, I thank You for always being with me and for never taking Your eyes off me. I pray that You give me the strength to go through my trials, and the patience to allow You to work on me while I’m in the fire. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply