Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2023, 11:46 AM   #1
dwmoeller

Default From the Janitor's Closet

Heaven

Maybe, we speak of heaven too little. Perhaps, it is not enough just to use the word ‘heaven’ in one little sentence and just to make a minor point in a series of other points. Perhaps, it is time for us to put the word ‘Heaven’ on a gigantic banner to wave above our heads like the American flag waves above Perkins restaurant!

Think of how the lives of Christians would change if we could drink deeply of the meaning of heaven... if we could focus well upon the things unseen, rather than giving so much attention to what is seen! II Corinthians 4:17-18 says “For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”

The Scriptures do suggest some things about heaven. Heaven is paradise. To be sure we will have bodies, but the place into which the glorified body is placed will be so beyond what we can see within the dark glass, that human language will and must fail at any attempt to capture the greatness of the glory to be revealed. Reading from Revelation 22:1, “Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb.” The glory of heaven is so beyond the experience of any human being, that it is not easy to describe. Heaven, in Hebrew, is “gal-gal'' which means literally “rolling cloud”. Revelation 21:3-4 says, “3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. 4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” Heaven, the “rolling cloud,” is where all the evil and pain and misfortune is completely and forever banished.

We will be with Christ. John 14:1-3 says, “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.” Some versions translate “many “rooms” instead of “many mansions”. I like the word mansions better. To me, it richly describes the beauty of heaven, the special place Jesus has prepared for us. A special place filled with love, peace, and joy that will never end.

All to the glory of Him--the Lord Jesus Christ, who was slain that we might wear the robe of righteousness in heaven. To Him whom angels praise and adore--be glory now and forever. Amen.

Dave

dwmoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dwmoeller For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply