Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Daily Gratitude
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Gratitude Make sure to stop in here and share what you are grateful/thankful for today. No matter how bad our day is, there is always something to be thankful for.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2014, 02:15 AM   #10
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Jealousy and envy – Wanting what others have, feeling we don’t have enough or deserve more, wishing we had what others do instead of them. This applies to material possessions like houses, cars, money and such. It also applies to non-material things like relationships, a nice family, children, parents, friends and partners, and fulfilling work relationships. We can envy others their looks and physical appearance, their talents and physical abilities or attributes such as thinness, tallness, sports ability or musical talent. - Realistic Recovery

So many of us have different talents, and God each gave us special gifts. So many times we just our accomplishments as being less than someone else and yet don't realize that that other person couldn't do what you do.

As the old saying goes, "It is always greener on the other side of the fence." We just others as being less than,often to make ourselves feel better, or we put ourselves down, not respecting our own talents and the gifts that we have to offer.

I had a friend who use to say, "I can't do what you do. I can't talk and say things like you do." I use to say to her, "All that means is I have a big mouth and once in a while I can be creative and my humour slips in, even if it sarky at times. I couldn't do what you do. You are so caring and giving. You are very good on a one on one basis, and you help and work in places I can never do. Don't judge you by me, and visa versa. We each have our own God given talents.

We each have a gift to carry. For the most part, my journey is longer because I was in denial about belong here and I used for a good many years. We each had to go through what we went through to get to where we are in today. We each have a story to tell. There is someone out there who need to hear your story.

Jealousy and envy are such petty things. I use to laugh because I would have a difficult time with women in the program. I wasn't looking for a man in my life and they seemed to appear any way. I wasn't out to take there men, and they judged me on their own insecurities. Most of my relationship didn't last because I wasn't willing to give up my sense of self to play the role to make a relationship work. I like being my own person. I took exception to someone who got comfortable in my space without making space for themselves.

I am so grateful for my Higher Power and the gifts that He has given me, and although I am not as accepting of some of them, I am grateful that he thought me worthy of the knowledge He bestowed on me.
Attached Images
File Type: gif 0011.gif (12.4 KB, 20 views)

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply