Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2014, 12:33 AM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Where do you find recovery? Twelve steps past any lengths.

Are we willing to go to any length to find peace and serenity?
Are we willing to go to any length to stay clean and sober?
Are we willing to work the Steps and travel the road to recovery?

When I came in, I was willing to do what was suggested. I was even willing to do what I was told, maybe not at first , but I came to realize, if I wanted to get well, the blueprint was there for me to follow.

I was willing to get a home group, get a sponsor and get involved in service. I would not have the recovery that I have today if I hadn't got involved in service. It was a vital part of my recovery and still is today.

When I couldn't find the willingness within myself, I had to pray for the willingness to be willing!

Going back to where I came from was not an option.
A friend who kept relapsing, whenever he had money, kept saying to me, "It is only suggestions, there are no have tos." I said, there are no have tos, but there are some darn well betters or you will go back out and use again.

I met him at a coffee shop, and he looked like the wrath of God and I told him so. I said, "You are going to have to "Sh*t" or get off the pot." Not many days later, he showed up at my place. He is general very well groomed, and he looked like he had been run over by a car. I said, "Oh, so you decided to sh*t eh!" Not very long ever that, he went away to treatment and the last time I saw him, he had 18 month of sobriety.

One of his favourite lines was, "I'm not as bad as him." He kept comparing and stayed sick. At the beginning of recovery, I did the same thing. It didn't matter what I used or where it took me, it was what it did to me when I picked it up. It changed me. I didn't want to continue changing in that direction.

One day at a time, I choose not to use. One day at a time, I choose to walk the 12 Steps of recovery.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply