Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Lounge > General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

General Forum A place to share about everything else.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2014, 04:05 PM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Using a metaphor, like the old-timers' did to explain a thought in simple terms, I would liken the AA cliches' to ammunition to be used in the trenches of daily living while the 12 steps remain our battle plan.

During the "work-a-day" world we may not have time to contemplate a particular step but we can fire a bullet on the spot such as "and this too shall pass", easy does it, first things first, what does this mean over a life time etc.

During the sixties and seventies, the old-timers placed a great emphasis on these "bullets". I know they can get us through some difficult moments of life.

My favourite bullet has always been "and this too shall pass". Over the years everything has passed and is now history. This gives me a perspective on the happenings of reality.

Five months ago, my wife had back surgery. She was in intense pain up till last week when the pain began to subside. Another example of of my favourite cliche. BTW, she is sober on AA for 29 years and never asked for a drink to eliminate the pain. She knows DINAO (drinking is *not* an option, no matter what).

Do you have a favourite "bullet", I know I missed a lot of them.

Still "muddling through a day at a time".............T.
Mine, has been:

Let go, Let God
Remember When, before recover and early recovery
Just for Today, I choose not to use
Acceptance in the moment, knowing things are subject to change
One day at a time, a day can start any time
Progress, not perfection. Perfection is part of my disease.
Which Step are you on? Some days, I need all 12. The same thing with bullets, or slogans, or what ever name you call them, they all have their purpose and are applicable to all parts of my life.

Quote:
My very first sponsor in AA was real fond of the slogan
THIS TOO SHALL PASS. In fact it was her answer for everything!!! I
got real impatient and wanted times dates and places as to when it would pass exactly!!! She gave me a bumper sticker with THIS TOO SHALL
PASS on it and it is mounted on a piece of wood and hangs over my
toilet!!!! That will pass for sure!!!! I have hung it over every toilet I have had for the past 23 years---Too much information??? LOL
Sorry if it is!!! Had to share this it was a burning desire! ....M.E.
The other was the ability to be able to laugh at myself! Don't take myself so seriously.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply