Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Lounge > General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

General Forum A place to share about everything else.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2014, 10:32 PM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
I have the personal power to influence my day; I will make it a good one.

Each Day a New Beginning

Today's reading gave me pause for thought. I love the saying "An attitude of gratitude." What I put into today, I will get back.

When I surrender each day, each person, place, or thing in my life over to my Higher Power, I am empowered to do wht I need to do for myself, one day at a time.

For me, that is the program! I can't, God can, just for today, I choose to let Him. Yet in letting my God, I can't sit back and let Him do all the work. I need to do the foot work. The action often needs to be taken to change my attitude or I need to change the attitude so i can take action.

It is how I go about it! Do I go about things with a positive feeling, a thankful heart or just wishful thinking; will little trust and no faith that things will turn out.

Personal empowerment is not self-centered. It is living God-centered. I am not the power. I am empowered by the God of my understanding.
Posted in 2010 on another site.

I may not get back from the same source that I give to, so I must not focus expectations on that person. Giving isn't about expecting something back in return, it is unconditional.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply