Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2016, 12:58 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - June 10th

When we commit our lives to Christ and rely on God’s grace, we can experience new life as well.

God loves all of us, and we are called to do the same.

With God’s help we will use our words wisely.

God’s love urges us to love one another and gives us the enduring joy of knowing that we are connected to God and to others by love and faith.

God can bring blessings out of difficult circumstances.

Sometimes we bear burdens so heavy that we are left in a place of despair. But we still have hope because God is with the brokenhearted. When we are not suffering, we can take time to notice those around us who may be weary and wounded. We can lift them up in prayer and cry out to God on their behalf. When we pray for one another, we can set our hope on God that God will rescue us again.

We Can Place our hope in God.

An Invitation to Pray by Robert Morris
Call to Me, and I will answer you.— Jeremiah 33:3
If you received an invitation from a highly respected person of influence to come by his or her house for coffee or to go for a walk along the river trail for some conversation, you would probably respond with eagerness and anticipation. You wouldn’t lightly discard it. And if you received two or three invitations, you would be amazed.
But what if you received a thousand invitations? Or one every day for the rest of your life?
Come to Me. Come soon. Come anytime. Come as you are. The door’s open. I am waiting for you. Let’s make time to be together. Let’s open our hearts to one another.
The Bible, from beginning to end, offers hundreds upon hundreds of invitations for us to approach the God of the Universe — to be with Him, to draw close to Him, to receive guidance and comfort, to praise and worship Him, and to simply share what’s on our hearts with Him. In many voices and in countless ways — in whispers, shouts, commands, and gentle words — God makes it clear in His Word that He wants close, intimate conversation.
And He wants it with you.
God is near, and He’s ready to listen. Meet with Him and open your heart in prayer…
Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know. — Jeremiah 33:3
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. — James 1:5-6
If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. — 2 Chronicles 7:14
“Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.” — Psalm 91:14-16 NIV
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. — Matthew 7:7
Your Turn: So often we can feel that we can’t possibly be loved by God. That’s we’ve strayed too far, or failed to often, or made to big of a mess to be acceptable in His sight. But, the Scripture tells us the opposite — that He asks us over and over again Come to Me. Come soon. Come anytime.

Details by Sally I. Kennedy
O LORD, what is man that you care for him, the son of man that you think of him? Psalm 144:3
And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:30,31
Visiting with a friend the other day as she shared a deep concern, I casually asked if she’d prayed about it. No, she replied, and went on to explain she didn’t think God was concerned about something like that. “I do pray about the important things but not anything as small as this”, she added.
I could identify with this thinking, and at one time my thinking was similar; after all, God has a lot to do all the time! Then I ‘happened’ to visit a church one particular weekend while we were out of town. After the worship service the pastor asked if anyone would like to come up for prayer.
Several people did. Clearly some had physical ailments; others may have had financial, family, or work situations they were seeking God’s help with. One woman had a cold, and she went right up for prayer along with the others. The pastors and prayer team prayed for each person who came, including the woman with the sniffles. No prayer request was too large, or too small.
There is nothing under the sun that is not important to God. All we have to do is look at our solar system, the starry universe, how a baby is perfectly put together before birth, the cell structure in our bodies, right down to a perfectly and intricately made bumble bee in a minutely detailed single flower.
He is most definitely and assuredly in details. And He is totally interested in the details of our lives. The Word of the Lord is truth, and it says that even the hairs of our head are numbered by God. That statement is extraordinary when you think about the fact that the average loss is 5-150 hairs every day, then new ones growing in, and God is still aware of the number at any given moment.
He knows every single solitary detail about us. He IS interested and involved in our lives. No prayer request is too small for Him. He already knows what is in our hearts and minds, and longs for us to come to Him, our Heavenly Father, to ask and to talk things over. Through the Holy Spirit, we can come to Him, trusting and believing.
What an awesome and amazing God we have, that HE would be interested in every detail concerning us. So let go and let God; “give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.” (1 Peter 5:7) How wonderful our Lord is a God of details. That is good news.

Hands (Author Unknown)
An old man, probably some ninety plus years, sat feebly on the park bench. He didn't move, just sat with his head down staring at his hands. When I sat down beside him he didn't acknowledge my presence and the longer I sat I wondered if he was ok.
Finally, not really wanting to disturb him but wanting to check on him at the same time, I asked him if he was ok. He raised his head and looked at me and smiled.
"Yes, I'm fine, thank you for asking," he said in a clear strong voice.
"I didn't mean to disturb you, sir, but you were just sitting here staring at your hands and I wanted to make sure you were ok," I explained to him.
"Have you ever looked at your hands," he asked. "I mean really looked at your hands?"
I slowly opened my hands and stared down at them. I turned them over, palms up and then palms down. No, I guess I had never really looked at my hands as I tried to figure out the point he was making.
Then he smiled and related this story: "Stop and think for a moment about the hands you have, how they have served you well throughout your years. These hands, though wrinkled,shriveled and weak have been the tools I have used all my life to reach out and grab and embrace life. They braced and caught my fall when as a toddler I crashed upon the floor. They put food in my mouth and clothes on my back. As a child my mother taught me to fold them in prayer. They tied my shoes and pulled on my boots. They dried the tears of my children and caressed the love of my life. They held my rifle and wiped my tears when I went off to war. They have been dirty, scraped and raw, swollen and bent. They were uneasy and clumsy when I tried to hold my newborn son. Decorated with my wedding band they showed the world that I was married and loved someone special. They wrote the letters home and trembled and shook when I buried my parents and spouse and walked my daughter down the aisle. Yet, they were strong and sure when I dug my buddy out of a foxhole and lifted a plow off of my best friends foot. They have held children, consoled neighbors, and shook in fists of anger when I didn't understand.
They have covered my face, combed my hair, and washed and cleansed the rest of my body. They have been sticky and wet, bent and broken, dried and raw. And to this day when not much of anything else of me works real well these hands hold me up, lay me down, and again continue to fold in prayer. These hands are the mark of where I've been and the ruggedness of my life. But more importantly it will be these hands that God will reach out and take when he leads me home.
And while He will care about where these hands have been and what they have done, He also cares about whom these hands belong to - With these hands He will lift me to His side and there I will use these hands to touch the face of Christ."
No doubt I will never look at my hands the same again. I never saw the old man again after I left the park that day but I will never forget him and the words he spoke. When my hands are hurt or sore or when I stroke the face of my children and wife I think of the man in the park. I have a feeling he has been stroked and caressed and held by the hands of God.
Thank you, Father God, for hands and all that we can do with them to show Your love in our world.

How you can experience God to the fullest by Senior Living
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. - Hebrews 11:6
Missionary Herbert Jackson and his family had just arrived on the mission field and were assigned a car that wouldn’t start without a push. So he devised a plan. He went to the school near his home, got permission to take some of the students out of class, and had them push his car off. Away from home, he would endeavor to park on a hill or leave the engine running.
This worked for two years, when the Jackson family was forced to leave because of ill health and a new missionary came to take over their work. He was telling the new missionary about the problem with the car.
“Dr. Jackson,” the missionary explained as he looked under the hood, “I believe the only trouble is this loose cable.” He gave the cable a twist, then got in and started the car right up. Jackson was astonished… after two years of pushing and coasting, only a loose connection kept him from having a properly functioning car.
Many times in life, it’s the smallest things that keep us from experiencing God to the fullest. Whether it be an old habit or a reluctance to obey God, it can cause you to miss out on God’s best. Don’t live life with a loose cable. Submit to God and experience His best for you!
Prayer Challenge: Pray now and ask God to show you the ‘loose cables’ in your life that are keeping you from experiencing Him to the fullest.
Question for Thought: Can you think of an area in your life where you can begin submitting to God today so you can enjoy Him to the fullest?

A fork appears in the road.
It's decision time. Which way do you go?
Important decisions weigh heavy on the heart. We play out various scenarios and ultimate conclusions in our minds. We 'what if' ourselves to pieces and call on friends and relatives for their opinions. We stall. We worry. We drive ourselves crazy. Facts and opinions and imaginings are crammed into our heads and fed to our hearts. Oh what a noise of doubt, worry and misgivings we create.
The final outcome of a decision is never known until we live through the choice we make. Yet, we run ahead of ourselves, grasping for a glimpse of something we can't see. More importantly, we run ahead of God - the one who knows and sees all. Instead of blindly running into the unknown, a scared, nervous wreck, allow your steps be guided through the unknown - assuredly and faithfully.

Guidance
I'm weighted with indecision Lord,
unsure of which way to go.
I've choices to make, steps to take
and I'm mired in worry and woe.
I can't see past the next corner,
but you see the picture complete.
Please guide my mind, guide my thoughts
and guide each step of my feet.
My anxious heart is yours now, Lord,
be my compass and quash my fear,
be the rock that keeps me steady,
the arms that hold me near.
Terri McPherson

To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God. Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:1-2; 4-5

I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:1-2

I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart." Psalm 40:8

Blind Independence
Trust in the LORD with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know. Proverbs 3:5
RECENTLY, my wife was helping me to improve my golf swing. On each swing, I told her how high I thought I was swinging the club back behind my head. She would then tell me how high it was actually going. I soon started to realize that my perception of what was occurring was different from the reality of the situation.
This made me think of Proverbs 3:5: "Never rely on what you think you know." Still, when hardship comes, I often rely on my perception of the situation. I feel angry and cannot imagine why the Lord would allow it. Yet time after time, I hear the Lord gently telling me that out of a seemingly bad situation can come good.
Eventually, I can see the good that has come from my enduring that difficulty. Through it, I learned something important; I had my faith deepened, and I saw anew the depths of God's love. At that moment, I am sorry that I did not trust in the Lord from the beginning.
The next time I encounter a hardship, I pray that the Lord will remind me not to rely on what I think I know. I want to believe from the beginning that God will bless me in the experience. Vincent J. O'Brien
Dear God, help us to trust in you, regardless of how we feel. We pray in Jesus' name. Amen
"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7 --Upperroom

God's Green Thumb
Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. Psalm 1:1-3
They shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited. Ezekiel 36:35
My daughter was living with me during a desolate season in her life. She woke up one morning and found me watering my last living plant, whose withered leaves drooped from the neglected plant. I used to have a green thumb. Now plants seem to dry up at a mere glance from me.
"Mom, I dreamed about that plant last night," my daughter began. "I was taking care of it, and it was beautiful and thriving."
I looked at her with rising compassion. "You are the plant," I said. "Just as you nurtured the plant in your dreams, God cares for you. With God's care, you will thrive."
"Thanks for that, Mom," she said, smiling.
God has a green thumb. Seeing the variety of plants that cover the earth leaves me in awe. But God's talents don't end there. God takes our withering souls and causes us to spring forth in new splendor, to bear much fruit. --Jeri Darby Nurturing God, nourish our souls with living water so the barren areas of our lives bear fruit. Amen. --Upperroom

DEAR CHILD
I just wanted to remind you today of how beautiful you are because there is a father of lies who will try to deceive you.
He will try to tell you that you are not good enough, not attractive enough, not thin enough, not strong enough, not smart enough, not righteous enough, and that you are simply unimportant to Me.
He will try to tell you that you have broken one too many promises, that you have fallen one too many times, that you have lived one too many lies, and that you've been going in the wrong direction so long that it is pointless to turn back now.
But guess what? YOU DO NOT BELONG TO HIM. HE IS NOT YOUR FATHER. I AM.
You see, you are My creation. My workmanship. You have been borne of My thought, every part of you placed together by My hands. You have My thumbprint upon you. You are a princess/a prince, did you know that?
You are My child, the child of THE King! I look at you and see a precious, priceless pearl. There is no ocean I would not swim, no mountain I would not climb, no price I would not pay to have you and to be with you and call you my own. I already have.
I have done all that I could, given all that there is. I desire to be with you every moment of every day. How I long for you to talk to Me every day.
My love for you never grows cold. My promises are never broken (contrary to what he might lead you to believe). My character never changes.
And you, my child, have been made in My image. I love you dearly, unconditionally and completely.
I understand every emotion that you have. I've been there. I count every tear that you cry. I know every hair on your head. And do you know what? I even know your weaknesses and your failures and your fears. I know those hidden parts of you that you wish would go away. Those dark corners of your world that you stuff deep down, praying that no one will ever see. I have already seen them and they will not change my love for you. Nothing will.
I love your heart and I desire all of it.
I just wanted to remind you today of how beautiful you are and how precious you are to Me.
With Unmeasurable Love,
Your Heavenly Father
--Author unknown.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Many of you are afflicted with a wandering mind so that you entertain whatever thought that comes along even when it takes you away from Me, says the Lord. Staying in My presence is a discipline that is vital to your spiritual growth and stability. Keep Me always in your thoughts, internal conversation, and in your heart. Psalms 119:10 With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!

You, My people, are My ambassadors on the earth. I want you to exhibit My character and nature in every situation. Where there is vitriol, let there be grace; where there is hatred, let there be love, where there is lack, let there by charity. Allow Me to work through you in unprecedented ways. The world needs righteous people more than ever, says the Lord. 2 Corinthians 3:2 You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men.

I will shine a light on your heart so that you can see clearly your spiritual condition. I will show you where you need to make adjustments and how you must proceed. Do not bemoan your errors and short-comings. Rather, allow the corrections to be the platform to reset your spiritual compass, says the Lord. Proverbs 29:17 Correct your son, and he will give you rest; Yes, he will give delight to your soul.

Beloved, rejoice in small victories and little breakthroughs, for they are signs of a greater triumph. Your praise will be like a seed sown in good ground that will grow into a rousing shout of joy, says the Lord. Your faith will also grow as you recognize and appreciate the small steps of progression instead of waiting for the final outcome to give thanks. Gratitude is a mighty weapon against discouragement and defeat. Psalms 5:11 But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; let those also who love Your name be joyful in You.

I would have you learn and practice the language of love. Make the effort to speak love fluently. Do not allow hatred to cause you to live in darkness. With love comes light and life, but it must emanate from the heart without hypocrisy, says the Lord. Let it be a genuine expression of My presence in you. 1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I speak to the multitudes when I say that you need a fresh anointing. You can no longer rely on an old word, or your relationship with me as it was months or years ago. You need to be revitalized and seek My face for current revelation and guidance. You cannot live in the past or continue on in religious exercise where there is no life, says the Lord. I call you to rise up and live! Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Set a watch over your circumstances. Watch for the enemy’s intrusion. Be still and know that I am God, and watch for that which I will teach you as I work in your circumstances. Only believe. The hardest of these trials will bring you to a place of perfection. They will bring you to a place you have never yet been. They will establish you fully in My kingdom, says the Lord, living under My divine rule. And, out of that rule shall come the glory that I carry and distribute as a result of your faith and trust in Me.

With Love From God by Helen Johnson
I woke up this morning and looked out the door,
to see what kind of a day was in store!
The sunrise was lovely, pastels tinged with gold,
what a lovely sight it was to behold!
Then I thought of our God, who created this view;
Each morning, is filled with all that is new!
It's as though He is saying," I
have given this to you, please don't take
it for granted but fill it anew.......
Make, each moment count that is yours for today;
Don't get in a hurry and waste it away!
Look around you and see what there is you can do,
To bring happiness to others, less fortunate than you!
A smile on your face, a kind word that you say
can bring joy to someone and brighten up their day!
I've created this beauty to bring pleasure to you,
Please share me with others so they'll have joy too!"

I am persuaded that prayers have wings,
lifted high on the breath of God's Word.
With feathers of light, they land in His sight.
Like His children - they're seen and heard.
--Terri

Apprehend God in all things,
For God is in all things.
Every single creature is full of God
and is a book about God.
Every creature is a word of God!
If I spent enough time with the tiniest creature-
even a caterpillar -- I would never have to prepare a sermon,
so full of God is every creature.
--Meister Eckhart

Romans 8:28 – And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

1 Chronicles 29:11 – Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.

Finally, all of you, have unity of spirit, sympathy, love for one another, a tender heart, and a humble mind. 1 Peter 3:8

God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in them. - 1 John 4:16

A gentle answer turns away wrath. - Proverbs 15:1

12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; 13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. 14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. Collossians 3:12-17

Beloved, don't be astonished at the fiery trial which has come upon you, to test you, as though a strange thing happened to you. But because you are partakers of Christ's sufferings, rejoice; that at the revelation of his glory also you may rejoice with exceeding joy. - 1 Peter 4:12-13

Without Him How Lost I Would Be by Josh Turner
May the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with all of you.— 2 Thessalonians 3:16
The story goes that as a seventeen-year-old, he was stationed at Fort Jackson, South Carolina. His family had a music gig in Memphis, so he hitchhiked from the base to Memphis, and his family let him sing a song he had just written.
His name was Mylon LeFevre, and the song was titled “Without Him.”
That night on the side of the stage was another artist who heard the song and loved it. He then went on to record it. His name was Elvis Presley.
Years ago some friends and I formed a gospel quartet. We called ourselves The Thankful Hearts. One of the first songs we learned to sing and perform was “Without Him.” It is my favorite hymn because it speaks so strongly of peace and encouragement.
I sing that song to my children each night. My two-year-old has now grown to expect it, and I love that. He even sings along with me. The last line in the song is the perfect ending thought for our days: Without Him how lost I would be.
Your Turn: Have you ever heard an old Gospel song and felt the truth of the words of worship and thanksgiving pierce your heart? Today let’s thank the Lord of peace Himself for the peace only He can give!
Without Him
Without him
I could do nothing
Without him
I'd surely fail
Without him
I'd be drifting
like a ship without a sail
Without him
I'd be dying
Without him
I'd be enslaved
Without him
life would be worthless
But with Jesus, thank God I'm saved.
Jesus, oh Jesus.
Do you know him today.
Please don't turn him away.
Oh Jesus, my Jesus.
Without him
How lost I would be.
Without him
How lost I would be.

Beloved God, help us to realize that You never forsake us. In all circumstances, our help comes from You. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 18
1 I will love thee, O Lord, my strength. 2 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. 3 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. 4 The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid. 5 The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me. 6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears. 7 Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth. 8 There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it. 9 He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness was under his feet. 10 And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind. 11 He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies. 12 At the brightness that was before him his thick clouds passed, hail stones and coals of fire. 13 The Lord also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire. 14 Yea, he sent out his arrows, and scattered them; and he shot out lightnings, and discomfited them. 15 Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at thy rebuke, O Lord, at the blast of the breath of thy nostrils. 16 He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters. 17 He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me. 18 They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the Lord was my stay. 19 He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me. 20 The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me. 21 For I have kept the ways of the Lord, and have not wickedly departed from my God. 22 For all his judgments were before me, and I did not put away his statutes from me. 23 I was also upright before him, and I kept myself from mine iniquity. 24 Therefore hath the Lord recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight. 25 With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright; 26 With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward. 27 For thou wilt save the afflicted people; but wilt bring down high looks. 28 For thou wilt light my candle: the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness. 29 For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. 30 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him. 31 For who is God save the Lord? or who is a rock save our God? 32 It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. 33 He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places. 34 He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms. 35 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great. 36 Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip. 37 I have pursued mine enemies, and overtaken them: neither did I turn again till they were consumed. 38 I have wounded them that they were not able to rise: they are fallen under my feet. 39 For thou hast girded me with strength unto the battle: thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me. 40 Thou hast also given me the necks of mine enemies; that I might destroy them that hate me. 41 They cried, but there was none to save them: even unto the Lord, but he answered them not. 42 Then did I beat them small as the dust before the wind: I did cast them out as the dirt in the streets. 43 Thou hast delivered me from the strivings of the people; and thou hast made me the head of the heathen: a people whom I have not known shall serve me. 44 As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me. 45 The strangers shall fade away, and be afraid out of their close places. 46 The Lord liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted. 47 It is God that avengeth me, and subdueth the people under me. 48 He delivereth me from mine enemies: yea, thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me: thou hast delivered me from the violent man. 49 Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O Lord, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name. 50 Great deliverance giveth he to his king; and sheweth mercy to his anointed, to David, and to his seed for evermore.

Thank you, Lord, for your unfailing love and closeness, no matter where we are in life. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply