Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Problems, Problems, Problems

PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS

The bills are due. The children are sick. Our spouse is never home. Problems happen. Things come up. One problem gets solved and another one shows up. It is so hard to focus on being kind to others when we have problems of our own. It’s hard to even think about what issues others are having when we are dealing with things we don’t even know how to handle ourselves. However, there is a solution. When we give our problems and burdens to God, we can then focus on the needs of others and being kind to them.

Psalm 37:3 “Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.” (NLT)

Dear Lord, help us today to give our burdens and problems to You. We know things are going to happen in our own lives we have to deal with but help us not to get so overwhelmed with our problems that we don’t take time to help and be kind to others. Help us today to give You what is laying heavy on our minds and focus on the needs of others. Help us to focus on You and allow You to show us how to be kind to others despite the issues we are dealing with in our own lives. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

It’s hard to understand how people get through things when tragedy strikes if they are not relying on God.

We can be kind to others despite what is going on in our own lives when we take the focus off of us and put it on God.

What have you done today to show kindness? If you are too wrapped up in your own worries, give them to God and go help someone.

Giving our burdens to God not only gives us peace but it gives us opportunities to help and be kind to those in need.

When we stop relying on us and start relying on God, He can help us get past our own worries so we can be kind to others.

Galatians 2:20 “My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” (NLT)

Focus: Stop thinking about your problems and praying for God to give you opportunities to be kind to others.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_pu...d=FRANCESLUCAS
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply