Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2014, 01:36 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default A Reason To Share

A Reason To Share

Amanda had been very sad ever since the doctor said her little brother's allergies were caused by her kitten. Now they needed to find a new home for Amanda's pet, and she and her family prayed about it often. "I'm worried about Shadow," Amanda told her friends one day. "If we don't find someone to take her soon, Dad says he'll have to take her to the humane society and let them find a home for her."
That afternoon, the elderly lady next door told Amanda's family that she had decided she'd like to take the kitten! "What an answer to prayer!" exclaimed Mom. And in their prayer time that evening, they thanked God for providing a home for Shadow-one where Amanda could see her every day.
The next day, Amanda eagerly told her friends that the kitten had a new home and wouldn't be going to the humane society. "I think my friends were almost as glad about Shadow as I was," she happily told her mother that evening.
"Good! Did you tell them it was an answer to prayer?" asked Mom.
"Well . . . not really," said Amanda.
"Do you remember the testimony Mr. Richards gave at church last Sunday night?" asked Mom thoughtfully.
"Sure," said Amanda. "He said he did a lot of very bad things for a long time before he accepted Jesus as his Savior. He told us how God had really changed his life and turned it around."
"Right," said Mom, "and I was blessed and encouraged by that, weren't you?" Amanda nodded. "I'm sure the entire congregation was blessed by his testimony," continued Mom. "That's an example of why it's good to share the things God does for us. Christians are encouraged when they hear how God works, and it's a good testimony to unbelievers. God is glorified when we tell other people how He has answered prayer."
"Even about little things, like a home for Shadow?" asked Amanda.
"Maybe especially about little things," replied Mom, "because those are the kinds of things we all deal with every day. Let's be sure to thank God for what He does for us, and ask Him to help us share those blessings with our friends."

HOW ABOUT YOU?
Do you tell others of God's answers to your prayers? Or do you just accept the answers He sends and often forget that you've even prayed about those things? Do you keep track of what you've prayed for and of how God answered? Why not try that? Take a little notebook or just a piece of paper and write down special things you're praying for. When you recognize that God has answered your prayer, write that down, too. Then share the answer with someone. Don't hide God's blessings.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE:
I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works. Psalm 9:1

Author Unknown
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply