Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Encouraging Word - October

October 1

See, I am sending an angel before you to protect you on your journey and lead you safely to the place I have prepared for you. Exodus 23:20

God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Ephesians 2:8

Ezekiel 34:27 (NIV) ...They will know that I am the Lord, when I break the bars of their yoke and rescue them...

Thought: All those prayers you prayed? Ya, God answered them.

Psalm 57:9 (NIV) I will praise You, O Lord, among the nations...

Thought: Does your world need to get bigger?
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 2

O God, listen to my cry! Hear my prayer! From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety. Psalm 61:1-3

By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. 2 Peter 1:3

Ezekiel 34:28 (NIV) ...They will live in safety, and no one will make them afraid.

Thought: There's a lion watching over you -- the lion of Judah.

Proverbs 4:13 (NIV) Hold on to instruction, do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life.

Thought: Godly wisdom guards your heart.

Today’s Scripture: James 1:26 (NLT): If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless.

Today’s Thought: The tongue is the most powerful and dangerous weapon we have. We can either choose to build each other up or tear each other down with it. Which will you choose to do today?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me keep my tongue under control today and every day. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 10-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 3

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7

Grace, mercy, and peace, which come from God the Father and from Jesus Christ-the Son of the Father-will continue to be with us who live in truth and love. 2 John 1:3

Ezekiel 34:30 (NIV) Then they will know that I, the Lord their God, am with them...

Thought: Maybe God's greatest promise -- "I am with you."

Isaiah 41:4 (NIV) Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning?

Thought: You've been on God's mind...for a long time.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 4

Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples. John 13:35

All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. 2 Timothy 3:16

Exodus 13:3 (NIV) Then Moses said to the people, "Commemorate this day, the day you came out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery, because the Lord brought you out of it with a mighty hand."

Thought: Breakthrough! At last. Give the Lord thanks!

Psalm 49:8 (NLV) The cost is much for his soul to be saved. Man should stop trying...

Thought: You can't save yourself. Only Jesus can. That's why He gave His life for yours.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 5

You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me! I sing for you because of what you have done. Psalm 92:4

Jesus replied, "If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask me, and I would give you living water." John 4:10

Romans 12:15 (NLT) Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those who weep.

Thought: Relating to real life -- it's what God does for us, and it's what He wants us to do for others.

Psalm 119:165 (NIV) Great peace have they who love Your law, and nothing can make them stumble.

Thought: Faith in the Father keeps worry far away.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Old 10-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 6

So never be ashamed to tell others about our Lord 2 Timothy 1:8

For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. Romans 10:10

Philippians 4:4 (NLV) Be full of joy always because you belong to the Lord. Again I say, be full of joy!

Thought: The King's kids -- they have it all.

Isaiah 41:9 (NIV) ...I have chosen you and have not rejected you.

Thought: Even when you wander away, God wants you back.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 7

Jesus said, "You must love the Lord your God will all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind." Matthew 22:37

Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Romans 12:9

Exodus 13:8 (NIV) On that day tell your son, "I do this because of what the Lord did for me..."

Thought: Build modern-day altars and memorials in your life to celebrate what God does.

Isaiah 41:13 (NIV) For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

Thought: God knows what you're going through. And He'll face it with you.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 8

Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Colossians 3:23

We who are strong must be considerate of those who are sensitive about things like this. We must not just please ourselves. Romans 15:1

Habakkuk 2:2 (NIV) Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation..."

Thought: Keep a journal. Jesus is talking.

Acts 17:27 (NKJV) ...He is not far from each one of us.

Thought: Find comfort in His closeness.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 9

With joy you will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation. Isaiah 12:3

So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. John 13:34

Habakkuk 2:14 (NIV) For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

Thought: Your life is part of God's glory. Let it shine.

Psalm 143:11 (NIV) ...Bring me out of trouble.

Thought: An earnest plea is an effective prayer.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 10

Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before him, singing with joy. Psalm 100:2

No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us. 1 John 4:12

Habakkuk 3:19 (NIV) The Sovereign Lord is my strength...

Thought: Don't look within for what you need. Look up.

Isaiah 41:18 (NIV) I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys. I will turn the desert into pools of water, and the parched ground into springs.

Thought: You're going to find God working where you least expected.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 11

So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don't get tied up again in slavery to the law. Galatians 5:1

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 1 Corinthians 13:7

Deuteronomy 33:12 (NIV) ...the one the Lord loves rests between His shoulders.

Thought: You're the one He loves. Let it comfort you today as you lean on Him.

Isaiah 55:4 (NIV) I have made David a witness to the peoples, a leader and commander of the peoples.

Thought: There's a divine design for every life. Let God lead yours.

Today’s Scripture: James 2:24-26 (NLT): So you see, we are shown to be right with God by what we do, not by faith alone. Rahab the prostitute is another example. She was shown to be right with God by her actions when she hid those messengers and sent them safely away by a different road. Just as the body is dead without breath, so also faith is dead without good works.

Today’s Thought: We should look for opportunities to bless people on a daily basis. Something as simple as helping someone carry a bag of groceries out may have a huge impact. Ask God to lead you.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You put someone in my path who I can bless today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 10-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 12

For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Corinthians 3:17

And may the Lord make your love for one another and for all people grow and overflow, just as our love for you overflows. 1 Thessalonians 3:12

1 Corinthians 4:2 (NLV) A servant must be faithful to his owner. This is expected of him.

Thought: If you're a Christian, those words put all of life into perspective.

Isaiah 64:8 (NIRv) Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay. You are the potter. Your hands made all of us.

Thought: By design, you're made to be a "masterpiece."
Old 10-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 13

For God saved us and called us to live a holy life. He did this, not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan from before the beginning of time-to show us his grace through Christ Jesus. 2 Timothy 1:9

Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105

1 Corinthians 4:17 (NIV) I am sending to you Timothy...who is faithful in the Lord.

Thought: Our reputation speaks louder than words. What does yours say?

Jeremiah 17:16 (NIV) I have not run away from being your shepherd...

Thought: You have a calling. Are you carrying it out?

Isaiah 51:1 (NIV) Look to the rock from which you were cut...

Thought: Start your day with Jesus.

Today’s Scripture: James 3:2-5 (NLT): Indeed, we all make many mistakes. For if we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also control ourselves in every other way. We can make a large horse go wherever we want by means of a small bit in its mouth. And a small rudder makes a huge ship turn wherever the pilot chooses to go, even though the winds are strong. In the same way, the tongue is a small thing that makes grand speeches. But a tiny spark can set a great forest on fire.

Today’s Thought: The tongue is so small but yet a very powerful body part. We must try to use it to build each other up instead of tear each other apart.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that only wholesome words come out of my mouth today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 14

I will walk in freedom, for I have devoted myself to your commandments. Psalm 119:45

The Lord is my light and my salvation - so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble? Psalm 27:1

Deuteronomy 33:13 (NIV) ...May the Lord bless Joseph's land with the precious dew from heaven above...

Thought: And so may He refresh our hearts in the same way today.

Luke 9:43 (NIV) They were all amazed at the greatness of God.

Thought: What about you? Take time to worship Him today.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 15

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12

You are the light of the world - like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. Matthew 5:14

Micah 2:13 (NIV) One who breaks open the way will go up before them; they will break through the gate and go out. Their king will pass through before them, the Lord at their head.

Thought: With God, you will never walk alone in this life.

Luke 9:2 (NIV) Jesus sent them out to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.

Thought: Where will you go? Who will you touch?
Post New ThreadReply