Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-12-2015, 11:09 AM   #31
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
The greatest achievement is selflessness.

The greatest worth is self-mastery.

The greatest quality is seeking to serve others.

The greatest precept is continual awareness.

The greatest medicine is the emptiness of everything.

The greatest action is not conforming with the worlds ways.

The greatest magic is transmuting the passions.

The greatest generosity is non-attachment.

The greatest goodness is a peaceful mind.

The greatest patience is humility.

The greatest effort is not concerned with results.

The greatest meditation is a mind that lets go.

The greatest wisdom is seeing through appearances.

- Atisha

Think of something that you fear to lose, then ask yourself, 'Were I to lose it, would I be a different person than I am today?' In yourself, be contented. Be whole.

From Do It Now!, by J. Donald Walters

A lot of these I fall short on. I am a firm believer though in what I think and project comes back to me. If I put out negativity, it comes back in kind.

Progress not Perfection, keeps me coming back.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 04-03-2016 at 09:16 AM.
MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2016, 10:33 PM   #32
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

One Day at a Time.

Quote:
Today's thought is:
Reflection for the Day

In the old days, I saw everything in terms of forever. Endless hours were spent rehashing old mistakes. I tried to take comfort in the forlorn hope that tomorrow would be "different." As a result, I lived a fantasy life in which happiness was all but nonexistent. No wonder I rarely smiled and hardly ever laughed aloud. Do I still think in terms of "forever"?

Today I Pray

May I set my goals for the new year not at the year-long mark, but one day at a time. My traditional New Year's resolutions have been so grandly stated and so soon broken. Let me not weaken my resolve by stretching it to cover "forever" or even one long year. May I reapply it firmly each new day. May I learn not to stamp my past mistakes with that indelible word, "forever." Instead, may each single day in each new year be freshened by my new found hope.

Today I Will Remember

Happy New Day.

You are reading from the book:

A Day at a Time (Softcover) by Anonymous
Posted on my site Soundness of Mind on January 2006

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 01-17-2016, 04:14 PM   #33
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

My sponsor says 'Mark the places where you find God and go there often.' AA meetings are a place where I find God - I think that the power of God is in the group. - Chris C.

Really like this, and although I have called a meeting a God Village for many years, this is a new perspective.

I think this is a duplicate, but a good message for me in today.

===============

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

The Twelve Steps: One to Three: Clear up; Four to Nine: Clean up; Ten to Twelve: Contact up. These are also called the Foundation Steps, the Action Steps, and the Maintenance Steps respectively. Are you looking for something easier?

The easier, softer way is the Twelve Steps.

As they say, the elevator is broken, take the stairs a step at a time.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:08 PM   #34
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Well I am unique
We all are in our own way
but I am no more special than anyone else.
To humble is to put myself in a position to learn,
To admit I do not know how is a major step in my recovery.
It may be time to take a good look at this 4th step and put it in the past and be over it.

Unknown

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:13 AM   #35
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Be your own best friend. Give yourself a hug! Ask yourself, would I like to be friends with me? Why not? What do I need to change?

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:05 PM   #36
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
DAILY OM

Breaking Family Cycles

The Start of Change

by Madisyn Taylor

Breaking your family patterns may be the most important work you do and the hardest.

It is easy to believe that in leaving our childhood homes and embarking upon the journey of adulthood, we have effectively removed ourselves from harmful and self-perpetuating familial patterns. In looking closely at ourselves, however, we may discover that our behaviors and beliefs are still those that were impressed upon us during our youth by our parents, grandparents, and the generations that preceded them. We may find ourselves unconsciously perpetuating cycles of the previous generations, such as fear of having enough, not showing affection, and secrecy patterns. Yet the transmission of negative patterns from one generation to the next is not inevitable. It is possible to become the endpoint at which negative family cycles that have thrived for generations are exhausted and can exert their influence no longer. Breaking the pattern is a matter of overcoming those values imprinted upon us long ago in order to replace them with pure love, tolerance, and conscious awareness.

Even if you have struggled with the cumulative effects of family cycles that were an expression of established modes of living and a reflection of the strife your ancestors were forced to endure, you can still liberate yourself from the effects of your family history. The will to divest yourself of old, dark forms of familial energy and carry forth a new loving energy may come in the form of an epiphany. You may one day simply realize that certain aspects of your early life have negatively affected your health, happiness, and ability to evolve as an individual. Or you may find that in order to transcend long-standing patterns of limiting beliefs, irrational behavior, and emotional stiltedness, you have to question your values and earnestly examine how your family has impacted your personality. Only when you understand how family cycles have influenced you can you gain freedom from those cycles.

In order to truly change, you must give yourself permission to change. Breaking family patterns is in no way an act of defiance or betrayal. It is important that you trust yourself implicitly when determining the behaviors and beliefs that will help you overwrite the generation-based cyclical value system that limited your individual potential. Many people are on the earth at this time to break family cycles, for all of you are true pioneers. In breaking negative family cycles, you will discover that your ability to express your feelings and needs grows exponentially and that you will embark upon a journey toward greater well-being that can positively impact generations to come.
This is so true, "nothing changes if nothing changes." If I am not open to change, it is not going to happen. If I am CLOSED DOWN and shut down, I block the good and the not so good in my life. If I am obsessive about something, it become my 'god' of the day and takes over my life. The substance is but a symptom of my dis-ease, the problem is me.

Brought this up as a topic last week at my group. You just know when something comes to mind, things will follow to give you food for thought, especially, when I word keeps repeating itself. I didn't go looking, I just clicked on this old post, and there was the word "change" telling me that some is due. I am not sure it is referring to the fact that I am getting a new double bed tomorrow as my single orthopedic one is broken.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply