Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

If carrots would do what alcohol did for me, I'd be a carrotolic.

- Al A.

From Alkiespeaks

Love this, It is one of my saying revised a little, "I am a bridgeaholic." Love playing bridge. Maybe I should say I am a gameaholic, but then I only play about 3 on the computer, and although bridge is a priority, I do like cribbage, scrabble, and Yahtzee.

I was sharing with my friend last night and said, "If I could drink safely, I would drink." Everyone once in a while, the old tape, "If you can't beat them join them" comes to mind and I tell myself I really didn't have a problem. I would tell myself that I could have one drink, many times only one or two. What I put to the back of my mind was the fact that I had some heavy duty drugs in my body and didn't really need the booze.

I was told that anything that I put between my and my God, became my new God, because I lost connection to mine.

My drug of choice, can be anything I have in front of me. It isn't the substance that I use(d) that is the problem, it is the thinking.

When my thinking says more, I need to turn it over to my Higher Power, no matter what substance is available in the moment, be it my computer, books, games, and I am reminded that it is people, places and things, something or someone who will take me out of myself.

I need to go within, instead of looking outside of myself for that quick fix, that seemingly saving grace, which in fact is a control thing, an illusion, and I have daily reprieve, only through the Grace of my God.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 08-10-2015 at 12:46 AM.
MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply