Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon19 Daily Prayers - September

September 1

Prayer for Sunday Worship

O God, who makes us glad with the weekly remembrance of the glorious resurrection of your Son our Lord Jesus Christ; Give me this day such blessings through my worship of you, that the days to come may be spent in your service; through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer of Abandonment

Father, I abandon myself into your hands; do with me what you will. Whatever you may do, I thank you: I am ready for all, I accept all. Let only your will be done in me, and in all Your creatures — I wish no more than this, O Lord.

Into your hands I commend my soul; I offer it to you with all the love of my heart, for I love you Lord, and so need to give myself, to surrender myself into your hands, without reserve, and with boundless confidence,
For you are my Father. Amen.

Prayer of Penitence

My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against You whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with Your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Our Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for us. In His name, my God, have mercy. Amen.

A Humble Spirit

Heavenly Father, You are the high and lofty One that inhabits eternity. Your name is Holy. I come boldly before You with a contrite and humble spirit; according to Your Word You dwell with me. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Your loving kindness: according unto the multitude of Your tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin in the name of Jesus. Amen

Scripture Reading Isaiah 57:15 (KJV) Psalm 51:1-7 (KJV)

O Lord of wisdom, kindle me with a love for true knowledge, that I may strive, in the moments I have now, to culture my life. Not by might, not by power, but by thy spirit, O Lord, may I learn and teach thy children. Amen.
May I go in peace, with God and with his other children, and may we love one another as Christ taught us. May I follow the example of good men of old, and may God comfort and help me and all who believe in Him, both in this world and in the world which is to come. Amen.

Lord, we pray that we may live in such a waythat we value all that is good in our lives and never take anyone or anything for granted. Amen.

An Everlasting Kingdom

2 Timothy 4:9-22

Dear Father,

Help me not to be in love with this present world. Enable me to live for the sake of your everlasting kingdom.

Help me come to the defense of those who are attacked wrongly or who need defending for your sake.

Stand by us, dear God, and give us the strength to live for you and to proclaim your word fully, as it deserves.

Rescue us from the lion's mouth. Rescue us from every evil and save us for your heavenly kingdom.

Be with our spirits. Grant abundant grace to us in every way.

To you be the glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:17, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, open our hearts to see what is good in our lives. May the light in our hearts shine clearly so that we see, recognize, and live in accordance with what comes from eternity and belongs to man's true nature, brought to us through Christ. Keep us from being blinded and deafened by experiences that will pass by. Help us to rise above them even in suffering and to wait patiently for what is becoming new and perfect. Praise to your name that we too can say, "The old has passed away; see, everything has become new!" Amen.

Dear Father, give me the wisdom to be patient and kind. Give me the wisdom to understand that sometimes people find it difficult to be forgiving. This however, does not mean I can't forgive them.

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for all You are doing in my life. Lord, I purpose not to envy nor covet anything that another may have. I am looking to You for my provision. I believe You will supply all my needs. Lord, You are the God of everything, so You have an abundant supply of all that I might ever need or want. Just help me to be content with the things I have today, knowing that You will send additional things as I ask for them and have need of them and walk in faith to receive them. Thank You for always taking care of me. Deliver me from any insecurity or fear and give me the faith to always trust in Your provision. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply