Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2016, 10:50 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - October 21

What are you grateful for? Give thanks to the Lord. And before you read his Word, give thanks that He speaks to you through it.

God’s love for me is always patient.

Even when the path seems unclear, God faithfully leads us forward.

With Christ’s help, we can overcome our fears and insecurity.

"Keep your eyes on Me dear ones and let Me wipe each tear For I am GOD and in control. So live in peace, not fear."

Go enjoy the beauty God has given all this day. Just remember to thank him tonight when you pray! --Becky LaPrarie

God didn't say life would be easy. He tells us to trust, He will be there. So I will hold on and keep the faith and stay within His tender loving care. Just rest in Me, I will be your strength. --Bernice Ward

My Creator, take my hand and guide me through today.

THE CARPENTER'S TOOLS Author Unknown
Brother Hammer served as the chairman. The other members of the tool belt informed him that he must leave, because he was too noisy. But brother Hammer said, "If I have to leave this carpenter's shop, then brother Gimlet must go too. He's insignificant and makes a very small impression." (A gimlet is a small tool with a screw point, grooved shank, and a cross handle for boring holes).
Little brother Gimlet arose and said, "All right, but brother Screwdriver must go also. You have to turn him around and around to get anywhere with him."
Brother Screwdriver turned to the other tools in the belt and said, "If you wish, I will go, but brother Plane must leave too. All of his work is on the surface; there's no depth to what he does."
To this brother Plane leveled his terse reply, "Well, then, brother Saw will have to depart too. The changes he proposes always cut too deep."
Brother Saw complained, saying, "Brother Ruler will have to withdraw if I leave, for he's always measuring other folks as though he were the only one who is right."
Brother Ruler then surveyed the group and said, "Brother Sandpaper doesn't belong here either. He's rougher than he ought to be, and is always rubbing people the wrong way."
In the midst of the discussion, the Carpenter of Nazareth walked in. He had come to perform his day's work. He put on His tool belt and went to the workbench to make a pulpit. He employed the ruler, the saw, the plane, the hammer, the gimlet, the screwdriver, the sandpaper, and all the other tools. When the day's work was over, the pulpit was finished, and the carpenter went home. All the accusations against each of these tools were absolutely true, yet the carpenter used every one of them. No matter which tool He use, no other tool could have done the work better.
You and I are God's "tools". While we have our flaws, each of us has a purpose, ability, and a task to perform. Won't you let God use you today?

The Dart Test Author Unknown
A young lady named Sally relates an experience she had in a seminary class taught by her teacher, Dr. Smith. She says Dr. Smith was known for his elaborate object lessons. One particular day, Sally walked into the seminary and knew they were in for a fun day. On the wall was a big target and on a nearby table were many darts.
Dr. Smith told the students to draw a picture of someone they disliked or someone who had made them angry in the past. Then he would allow them to throw darts at the person's picture.
Sally's friend drew a picture of a girl who had stolen her boyfriend. Another friend drew a picture of his little brother. Sally drew a picture of a former friend, putting a great deal of detail into her drawing, even drawing pimples on the face. Sally was pleased at the overall effect she had achieved.
The class lined up and began throwing darts. Some of the students threw their darts with such force that their targets were ripping apart. Sally looked forward to her turn, but was filled with disappointment when Dr. Smith, because of time limits, asked the students to return to their seats.
As Sally sat down, thinking about how angry she was because she didn't have a chance to throw any darts at her target, Dr. Smith began removing the target from the wall. Underneath the target was a picture of Jesus.
A complete hush fell over the room as each student viewed the mangled picture of Jesus; holes and jagged marks covered His face and His eyes were pierced.
Dr. Smith said only these words, "I assure you, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me" (Matthew 25:40).
No other words were necessary...the tear-filled eyes of each student focused only on the picture of Christ.

DANCING IN THE LEAVES by Joseph J. Mazzella
I was taking a walk in the woods on a late August evening. Suddenly, a cool breeze started to blow and a single red maple leaf broke off of its tree and circled down and around until it landed peacefully upon the top of my head. I took the leaf in my hand, looked at it with a smile, and dropped it gently to the ground. "It has started already," I thought to myself. "How early in the year it begins to be late."
I knew that soon the green mountains of my home would be painted by God’s own hand. Soon every leaf on every tree would become a masterpiece. Bright, beautiful reds would come first, followed by sunny yellows and glorious golds. Brilliant burgundies, outrageous oranges, and earthy browns would finally complete this colorful canvas.
As I walked on my mind was filled with memories of Autumns past. I remembered the crisp crunch as I walked on the freshly fallen leaves. I remembered the delightful dry leaf smell that filled the air. I remembered raking huge piles of leaves in the park for my children to hide in, jump on, and run through. I even remembered dancing on that colorful carpet while it crackled underneath my feet. I also thought of how Autumn is the most bittersweet of seasons. It is so beautiful and yet so brief. It is so joyous and yet also a sign of the Winter to come. It is the ultimate reminder that our time on Earth is short and that we need to live now before it is gone. That is why I plan to thank God for everyday of this beautiful season. That is why I plan to take more walks in the woods while the colors last. That is why I plan to love more, laugh more, give more, share more, and smile more in the days I have left here. That is why I plan to dance in the leaves again this Fall and in Heaven when the time comes. May you do the same.

TWO HORSES IN A FIELD Author Unknown
Just up the road from my home is a field, with two horses in it. From a distance, each looks like every other horse. But if one stops the car, or is walking by, one will notice something quite amazing. Looking into the eyes of one horse will disclose that he is blind. His owner has chosen not to have him put down, but has made a good home for him. This alone is amazing.
Listening, one will hear the sound of a bell. Looking around for the source of the sound, one will see that it comes from the smaller horse in the field. Attached to her bridle is a small bell. It lets her blind friend know where she is, so he can follow her.
As one stands and watches these two friends, one sees how she is always checking on him, and that he will listen for her bell and then slowly walk to where she is trusting that she will not lead him astray.
Like the owners of these two horses, God does not throw us away just because we are not perfect or because we have problems or challenges. He watches over us and even brings others into our lives to help us when we are in need. Sometimes we are the blind horse being guided by God and those whom he places in our lives. Other times we are the guide horse, helping others see God.

The Basket Author Unknown
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. (Heb. 4:12-13)
The story is told of an old man who lived on a farm in the mountains of eastern Kentucky with his young grandson. Each morning, Grandpa was up early sitting at the kitchen table reading from his old worn-out Bible. His grandson who wanted to be just like him tried to imitate him in any way he could.
One day the grandson asked, "Papa, I try to read the Bible just like you but I don't understand it, and what I do understand I forget as soon as I close the book. What good does reading the Bible do?"
The Grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the stove and said, "Take this coal basket down to the river and bring back a basket of water."
The boy did as he was told, even though all the water leaked out before he could get back to the house. The grandfather laughed and said, "You will have to move a little faster next time," and sent him back to the river with the basket to try again.
This time the boy ran faster, but again the basket was empty before he returned home. Out of breath, he told his grandfather that it was "impossible to carry water in a basket," and he went to get a bucket instead. The old man said, "I don't want a bucket of water; I want a basket of water. You can do this. You're just not trying hard enough," and he went out the door to watch the boy try again.
At this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak out before he got far at all. The boy scooped the water and ran hard, but when he reached his grandfather the basket was again empty.
Out of breath, he said, "See Papa, it's useless!"
"So you think it is useless?" The old man said, "Look at the basket." The boy looked at the basket and for the first time he realized that the basket looked different. Instead of a dirty old coal basket, it was clean! "Son, that's what happens when you read the Bible. You might not understand or remember everything, but when you read it, it will change you from the inside out."
That is the work of God in our lives... To change us from the inside out and to slowly transform us into the image of His son. Take time to read a portion of God's word each day.

Avoiding Detours by Os Hillman
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
I turned off the interstate to get gas for my car. I was returning from a speaking engagement and it was very late. As I turned onto the road, I looked for the entrance ramp to get back on the interstate. It was dark and I could not see any signs. I made a turn to the right that appeared to be the turn I needed to make. I could see the interstate was next to the road. As I continued down this road, the interstate was on my left. It soon became obvious it was not the entrance road but rather a frontage road. I assumed it would take me to the next interchange.
However, the road soon turned away from the interstate. It grew darker and darker. The road became a dirt road. I realized I was not going to get to the interstate on this road. Being a bit frustrated that I had made the wrong turn, I turned around and went back, losing valuable time.
It is easy to make assumptions about the path we are on. If God's Spirit has not enlightened our reasoning, we are inclined to make the wrong choices. Our choices seem right at the time, but later we discover these choices have led us away from God because they were based on our own reasoning.
Acknowledge God in all your ways today. Lean completely on Him to reveal His direction for your life. If you do so, He will direct you to the desired destination He has for you.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
I will lead you up to a high place in the Spirit, says the Lord. Progression will be your theme as you move with Me. I have things to show you, but you need to make sure that your reach is beyond your grasp; that your expectation is beyond what you can see in the natural realm. That which seems impossible will become possible when you align your will with Mine. Are you ready? Micah 4:2 Many nations shall come and say, "Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; He will teach us His ways, and we shall walk in His paths." For out of Zion the law shall go forth, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

In a vision I saw large groups of people who were asleep. They were yawning and stretching as they tried to wake up. Many of them were so groggy that they couldn't get on their feet. Some of them began to deliberately shake their hands, arms and legs to get the blood flowing, but it seemed as though their eyes were still stuck shut. They were doing what they could to be fully awake. But, others just rolled over and went back into a deep sleep. And, the Lord said that the people had been drugged into complacency. Ephesians 5:14 Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, arise from the dead, and Christ will give you light."

Do all that is necessary to maintain integrity regardless of the darkness that covers the earth. You do not belong to the kingdoms of the earth, you belong to Me, says the Lord. Cling to the principles that represent My kingdom. Take a stand for righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Isaiah 58:8 Then your light shall break forth like the morning, your healing shall spring forth speedily, and your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard.

Beloved, refuse to allow anything to undermine or destroy your faith. I know that you have wondered if your faith and hope are enough to break through your challenges. And I tell you, Yes. It is enough to sustain you. Don't waver in your belief that there is spiritual, invisible help available to you in every situation. Put your trust in Me, and be strong, says the Lord. Luke 17:6 So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you."

Build yourself up in your most holy faith. When your faith lies dormant it becomes nothing more than a memory of what you once believed and does not produce fruit. True and vital relationship with Me requires the activity produced by your belief that I exist and that I am with you, says the Lord. Examine yourself to see what you actually believe. Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Many of you, My people, have become disheartened as corruption seems to prosper more than righteousness. And, I tell you truthfully that deep darkness covers the earth, but light dispels darkness and truth is more powerful than lies. Refuse to allow the darkness to bring discouragement. Encourage yourself in the knowledge that My kingdom will be victorious over all the works of the enemy, says the Lord. Isaiah 60:2 For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the LORD will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Many of you don't understand the time and the season that you are living in. Many of you don't understand that you are living in a time when I will bring your destiny to a fullness and perfection as I lead you and guide you into all that I have for you. So, get ready to move with Me. Get ready for this next leg of the journey to reveal to you the glorious things that I have for you in this season. Keep you eyes open. Keep your ears open. Go with expectation of meeting Me and finding Me in a brand new spiritual way, an unusual way, a way that you have not yet experienced, says the Lord.

I have set those in this earth, those who are My psalmists, and they shall establish a flow, a flow of My river among My people, a flow that will help My people come higher, a flow of My presence. Because their songs come from heaven and their songs are anointed, they shall indeed impact you and bring you into what I am doing. So when you hear the sound of heaven impacting your heart and when you hear the sound of heaven coming upon you embrace it and let it do its work. Let it bring peace to your soul, let it bring joy to your heart and let it bring healing to your body. Let the Spirit of the Lord flow in the sound that I am bringing forth as promised. For such a time as this embrace My sound, says the Lord Most Holy.

God's Promise
God didn't promise
days without pain
laughter without sorrow
or sun without rain,
But God did promise
strength for the day,
comfort for the tears
and a light for the way,
And for all who believe
In his Kingdom above,
He answers their faith
with everlasting love.

Looking for My Hope by Rena Himick
Not in my car,
not in my house,
not at the bank —
my hope's not there.
Not with my friends,
not in my church,
not in love —
my hope's not there.
Not in myself,
though there I look
a long long time —
my hope's not there.
I've looked and looked
and now I know:
my hope's in Him
who brought me here.
My Savior holds
my hope secure:
Jesus, King, is
Keeper of My Hope!

Psalm 19:14 – May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Psalm 37:4 – Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Love is patient; love is kind. - 1 Corinthians 13:4

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. 119:105

He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade at your right hand. - Psalm 121:4-5

Jesus said, “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.” - John 10:27-28

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

"The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry." Psalm 34:15

Wait For the Lord by Tom Norvell
Psalm 27 reminds us of the confidence we can have in God. David reminds us of the confidence we can have that God will stand with us against our enemies (v.1-3). David reminds us that we can have confidence in God during times of trouble (v. 4-6). He assures us that we can have confidence of God's acceptance when we seek Him (v. 7-12). And he reminds us that we can express our confidence that we will see the goodness of the Lord (v. 13). This Psalm is such a source of strength to anyone going through a difficult time, regardless of the circumstances.
At the end of the Psalm we have a statement that both challenges us and gives us wise counsel. It is there that we discover if we really mean what we have read, prayed, or sung. It is there (v. 14) that he says, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
When you need God to stand with you against your enemies, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
When you are having trouble and need help, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
When you wonder if God is still present and aware of your needs and condition, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
When you anticipate seeing the goodness of the Lord, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
When your life seems to be falling apart, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
When your marriage is in trouble and you are considering some options that seem much more desirable, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
When your children are growing, making decisions you disagree with, and you are about ready to "straighten them out," "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
When temptation is bearing down on you and you wonder if you'll be able to stand up under the pressure, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
When you are tired and wanting to quit, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
As hard as it is to accept, there is perhaps no wiser counsel than what David gives us when he says, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
What is it that is bearing down on you today? What is it that has you ready to run and hide? What is it that makes you want to give up your walk with the Lord? Whatever it is, before you make any move, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

Dear God, thank you for the gifts and talents you have given us. May we put them to good use to your glory. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 37
1 Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. 2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. 3 Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. 4 Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. 5 Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. 6 And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday. 7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass. 8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil. 9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth. 10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be. 11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace. 12 The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth. 13 The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming. 14 The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation. 15 Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken. 16 A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked. 17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the Lord upholdeth the righteous. 18 The Lord knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever. 19 They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied. 20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the Lord shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away. 21 The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth. 22 For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off. 23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way. 24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand. 25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. 26 He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed. 27 Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore. 28 For the Lord loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off. 29 The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever. 30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment. 31 The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide. 32 The wicked watcheth the righteous, and seeketh to slay him. 33 The Lord will not leave him in his hand, nor condemn him when he is judged. 34 Wait on the Lord, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it. 35 I have seen the wicked in great power, and spreading himself like a green bay tree. 36 Yet he passed away, and, lo, he was not: yea, I sought him, but he could not be found. 37 Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace. 38 But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off. 39 But the salvation of the righteous is of the Lord: he is their strength in the time of trouble. 40 And the Lord shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.

The Nots
Dear God, Please untie the knots in my mind, my heart and my life. Remove the have nots, the can nots, and the do nots that I have in my mind. Erase the will nots, may nots, might nots that may find a home in my heart. Release me from the could nots, would nots and should nots that obstruct my life. And most of all, Dear God, I ask that you remove from my mind, my heart and my life all of the “am nots” that I have allowed to hold me back, especially the thought that I am not good enough. Amen

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadClosed Thread